Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    I give up...a stained glass window reminds you that you need to take out the garbage??
    Well it appears that you, like me, didn't see the garbage bags next to a door I photographed. I didn't take the stained glass.

#308 looks like an advrider sign....

#330 The sign on the old bridge that says "Public Prohibited - Fish Pier". I can say with some authority, that a fish never walked on that pier
    Last edited by torags; 02-08-2008 at 06:02 PM.

rocketman
    Beemerchef look at the table in front of the Hopi, see the little sheep? Granted I had to look twice but they are there.

RM

How many more times do we see Freckles? Isn't there a pet thread?

The thread is really fun. Whenever I get back to my computer, this is the first thread I go to.

It will last a long time as long as the posters don't get too self indulgent.

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Dude you already repeated!
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Me? Ooops... Sorry

I'll delete which number

Quote Originally Posted by torags View Post
    Me? Ooops... Sorry

I'll delete which number
    You can't break the chain.

I liked RM's repeat, he must have a gig of Corona pics.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Just a little east of Paradise (California)
    OK, Ok, no more freckle pics!
    Cheers
    DCM

SNC1923
    As I reflect on my own pending parenthood, I've got to say, this is really a cute picture.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    They must have gotten a deal on those guns, Gail. The ones I posted are just up the road in Bar Harbor and look to be from the same foundry. Now I'm curious and wonder how many more there are in the area. Time to explore some more...

Have you seen the new bridge at Fort Knox? There's an observation deck up there in the far tower. It wasn't open last time I went by there.

Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

That's a cool looking bridge Tom. It has the Bunker Hill look of the Zakim Bridge.

My picture is from 2001. I tend to head toward VT more than toward Maine. Maybe this season we'll explore Maine more!
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Penobscot Narrows Bridge

That's a cool looking bridge Tom. It has the Bunker Hill look of the Zakim Bridge.
    Here's a link the new bridge construction. Last time I went over the rickety old bridge before it closed, it was behind a cement mixer. Not a good experience on a bike...

http://www.penobscotnarrowsbridgefest.com/

Last edited by tommcgee; 02-11-2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: added pictures

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Refer #412

One of the satisfying by products of these threads is when you search for the postable picture, you almost relive the moment (time/place), you took the picture.

The contributers to the thread have a cache of pix and I'll bet most haven't gone back into them, but for this thread.

#412 was in the middle of a Euro solo tour thru Western Italy/Sardinia/Corsica to Venice. I had wanted to have an Afagato in front of the same restaurant on the Plaza San Marco in Venice, that I had on my first Euro bike tour in 1970.

I wanted to visit the quarries in Carrera to see Marble production. I'm in building & I sculpt so my interest was strong. Here I was 4 hours after renting a 1100S in Milan (traveling in my true solo fuggawi fashion) in the middle of the mountain, I heard tinkering. Chiesal on stone, sculpters were working in the area. I got off the bike to head to a tarp they were working under to ask where the plants were. I don't speak any other language than a poor English, but I've learned to point well.

There were 4 or 5 and I approached a young gal chiseling. In my best loud (they understand you better), halting English I asked where the foundries were. In perfect English she said further up the hill. Huh. where are you from, I asked. Pennsylvania she said. Hmmm small world. They were an American group taking sculpting lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by torags View Post
    The contributers to the thread have a cache of pix and I'll bet most haven't gone back into them, but for this thread.
    iPhoto gives me the ability to easily stay in touch with those old pictures, and I do. Next step is to scan all those old snapshots.

-Tom (KA1TOX)

grossjohann

Great Bridge

It's a great spot by the bridge. We were pushing through so we didn't have time to stop in town, but it looked great from the bridge...

bensonga
    Cleveland....what a fascinating river town....lots of industrial stuff, drawbridges, steel mills etc. I had one brief 4 day business trip there in the mid-80s. Spent a whole day wandering the city with my Nikon F2.

Nothing like that up here in the Anchorage area...I miss being able to photograph old buildings, industrial areas, machinery, etc. I cut my teeth taking photographs of the mills, warehouse district, etc in Minneapolis before moving to Alaska 20 years ago.

This was one of my early scans from a 35mm transparency using a now retired Canoscan FS2720 film scanner. Come to think of it, the Nikon F2s are mostly retired now too.

Here's the color version.

Gary Benson
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Attached Images Attached Images