Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why do you like to post bike pictures?

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar

Why do you like to post bike pictures?

When I got my MC endorsement, almost 10 years ago now, I didn't think very much about where I'd be going on a motorcycle. I'd been on the back of a bike off and on (figuratively speaking) for 15 years. A ride meant going two towns over for dinner, or maybe an ice cream. For a long trip maybe we'd go around the Lake. A long trip was about a half day.

Shortly after I was licensed, I met this guy who had this picture on his computer screen background. It was a picture of his bike stopped on a road out west - Montana or Wyoming I think. I was completely enthralled by not only the picture but the prospect that someone could undertake such a trip, on a motorcycle. At the time I didn't dream that I could be that person, but I never forgot that image.

Here on this site, those pictures are sort of ho hum. We out do each other with the cool places we've been and places we've seen, on our bikes. But whether I post here or on my blog, or on another riding forum, I do it to inspire someone else. The lurker who didn't even imagine where s/he could go on a bike.

And thank you for all of you who continue to inspire me to go places and take better pictures to remember those places by!

9/18/99 The earliest picture of me on my first bike.
    Last edited by SheRidesABeemer; 02-01-2008 at 01:36 AM.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

SNC1923
    I like to post bike pictures to share my adventures. It allows me to combine my two life-long hobbies. I've taken some great trips, and I enjoy looking at these pictures over and over and over. . . .

As I usually ride alone, I frequently forget to include my bike in the pictures I take. Likewise, I never include myself in shots, unless obscured in someway, it's just a habit that's become a rule.

A passing stranger took this, hence the poor framing.

Inspired by "lamble" --

Jeff Dean − Tucson, Arizona − BMW MOA Co-founder (1972)
    http://bmwdean.com/2014-r1200rt.htm − MSF Chief Instructor (1994)
    Friend of the Marque (1999) − Prof. Gerhard Knochlein BMW Classic Award (2013)
    2014 & 2007 R1200RTs, R60/2s, R67/3, R51/3 ↔ 1949 R24

Sometimes my back feels like that too!

The Memories!

The trip was fall 88 and it was warm. It is now cold and 20 years have passed. This pic brings back a very happy memory.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gar

Gail I couldn't help myself...

Not exactly ATTGATT.... Went down in Belgium later on that trip... got scraped up pretty good

1971 London & Marbella, Spain

Unavailable for comment
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    When I got my MC endorsement, almost 10 years ago now, I didn't think very much about where I'd be going on a motorcycle. I'd been on the back of a bike off and on (figuratively speaking) for 15 years. A ride meant going two towns over for dinner, or maybe an ice cream. For a long trip maybe we'd go around the Lake. A long trip was about a half day.

Shortly after I was licensed, I met this guy who had this picture on his computer screen background. It was a picture of his bike stopped on a road out west - Montana or Wyoming I think. I was completely enthralled by not only the picture but the prospect that someone could undertake such a trip, on a motorcycle. At the time I didn't dream that I could be that person, but I never forgot that image.

Here on this site, those pictures are sort of ho hum. We out do each other with the cool places we've been and places we've seen, on our bikes. But whether I post here or on my blog, or on another riding forum, I do it to inspire someone else. The lurker who didn't even imagine where s/he could go on a bike.

And thank you for all of you who continue to inspire me to go places and take better pictures to remember those places by!

9/18/99 The earliest picture of me on my first bike.
    Mighty fine bike, there.

grossjohann
    Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    As I usually ride alone, I frequently forget to include my bike in the pictures I take. Likewise, I never include myself in shots, unless obscured in someway, it's just a habit that's become a rule.

A passing stranger took this, hence the poor framing.
    Exhausted, drawn and quartered?

A little more nostalgia and hopefully some inspiration to tour Europe, which is perfect bike tour country.

The first triumph is a couple we met in Europe, we traveled together to see the Gran Prix in Monaco.

1970: my Triumph is the second one picked up in London, 4000 miles later I blew that engine in southern France.

Me and my bride off the cliffs of Monaco. We will celebrate our 49th anniversary in March. I had somewhat more hair then (well a lot more)

This is 2004 Bikeweek Daytona, my bride is still a fox

We don't tour together nowadays but oh the memories of the roads......

I like to share my pictures much like everyone else I guess, to inspire others and to show where I've been. I find that others rider's pictures inspire me to make more motorcycle trips. The picture below was taken on the way up to the top of MT. Washington, June 2006. That trip was so great, it left me wanting to go back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 2BikeMike; 02-02-2008 at 03:51 AM.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

Why do I take pictures on the trip?
    Because if I don't somebody named SRAB always posts: "This thread is worthless without pictures."

(did I win the prize?)
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

Because they make me smile.

Tina, West Yellowstone entrance.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Because they make me realize how good I have it.

1990 or so. Me and Tina heading across NY state to Cooperstown, then Niagara Falls.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA