Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Long Tours with F800ST

stebun

F800 ST fortouring

I added HeliBar riser and Sargeant World seat to wife's F800 ST and it is a delight to put in 400 mile days on. Smooth and light with plenty of power for traveling with lots of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by w9fcc View Post
    AZ-J.....gets funnier and funnier with each post...
    Not near as funny as you, guy!
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Dan McKenzie

Seat

Stebun: I've heard the Sergent seat is very good. Would you say it's a great improvment over the stock? The stock seat wasn't too bad, but after a 750 mile day, I could feel the pressure points.

So it seems AZ-J had an F-S not and F-ST a difference (different bikes built off same design) . It seems that his bike had enough of a problem BMW bought it back (not a small thing) but that there were strings attached about what he would be saying. ( A far condition perhaps) and one he is honestly trying to uphold ( integrity). That he thought enough of the dealer and marque to buy another model and seems very happy. Why is that so hard to gather?
    03 K 1200RS (Black is Best)
    03 Honda RC51
    74 Honda CB750 K4

Smile How many miles to a tank full??

I'm looking at an F800ST and wondering,,, How many actual miles can you get out of a tank of gas, using super and riding 75 mph or so (along interstate)? Currently riding my K75RT and get 200 - 205 miles before going on reserve. Getting older and thinking about a lighter bike.

Thumbs up gas

You will get about 2oo to 230 miles per tank full. The st have a 4.2 gallon tank.

Thumbs up

Also do your research on windshied, bar riser and seats. Mirror extenders are a must for the 800 st. A lot of information on web site F800 rider.com

Dan McKenzie

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by NCStephen View Post
    So it seems AZ-J had an F-S not and F-ST a difference (different bikes built off same design) . It seems that his bike had enough of a problem BMW bought it back (not a small thing) but that there were strings attached about what he would be saying. ( A far condition perhaps) and one he is honestly trying to uphold ( integrity). That he thought enough of the dealer and marque to buy another model and seems very happy. Why is that so hard to gather?
    You're right. I went back to the beginning and read all of his posts again.

AZ-J -I apologize.

campbellforest, I get just over 200 miles per tank. I use medium grade. I have run out of fuel twice and hope to avoid a third, so I don't push it. I tend to get 56 mpg and tend to cruise in the 70-80 mph range. 52 mpg on the racetrack as a novice with no luggage bags. It's a sweet ride. Very difficult to keep it at the legal speed limit.
    I'm 60 and not a big guy. The bike is awesome and has plenty of power for me.

We did it!

My wife and I rode two up Orlando to San Francisco on our 2008 F800ST, twice.
    I rode the same route solo in four and a half days; no problem.
    We are both in our late 70's.

Dan McKenzie
    Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    My wife and I rode two up Orlando to San Francisco on our 2008 F800ST, twice.
    I rode the same route solo in four and a half days; no problem.
    We are both in our late 70's.

Now that's what I like to hear! I'm 57 and was wondering if I'm getting too old for long trips. Maybe I have a couple of decades to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by w9fcc View Post
    Now that's what I like to hear! I'm 57 and was wondering if I'm getting too old for long trips. Maybe I have a couple of decades to go!!!
    I'm 66 and still doing the 3-4K stuff so you should be good for a while yet
    Steve
    So many roads - so little time.
    2013 R1200GSW

Old thread. The original post was January, 2008. I bought the OP's bike in January, 09 with about 3400 miles on it. I rode it in 49 states, most of them a couple of times. I hit all 50 in 2010, but had to rent a BMW in Hawaii. Sold it in May, I think, with about 46K on it. The only failures were a bad fuel pump and the coolant pump started to leak, replaced before sale.

jeepinbanditrider
    They're just fine for long distance. Very comfortable. Best stock seat I've ever sat on for any length of time, luggage works good enough. ect.

Other than a weak stator that has a tendency to burn up after 30 or 40k and some rear wheel bearing issues on that single sided swing arm in the early models. I've only had the stator problem my rear wheel bearings are still going strong. Really like the belt drive also.