Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Assignment 01/26/08 COMMENTARY/TESTS

SNC1923

Photo Assignment 01/26/08 COMMENTARY/TESTS

Please post test photos for the 01/26/08 "My Town" photo assignment here. Chat, comment, kid around, ask questions, provide feedback, go nuts.

Please reserve the other thread for posting actual finished products with text or comment.
    Last edited by BubbaZanetti; 01-11-2008 at 07:54 PM. Reason: request by poster

This one will actually require some thought and planning.

Unlike my previous attempt from the Big GIG 2 where one of my shots just happened to fit the category that I didn't know about before taking the picture.
    Bob Smith
    '98 R1200C
    '80 XS850 Special
    '05 Rocket III

rocketman
    CHANGE!!???? YIKES!!!!! I'm too old to change!!!!! I don't live in a TOWN, I live in a CITY!! Whatever will I do??????

I'm so depressed.........

guess I will have to go for a ride and take three photos.........of

something.........

RM

We don't live in a town either. Sort of in the middle of nowhere. Or right next to it.

Should be interesting . . .

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    ..... go nuts.....
    Following orders Sir! Luckily, it is a short trip for me.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Didn't see this comment thread earlier, so I deleted this post from the assignment thread and re-posted here to avoid adding chatter. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Excellent theme this week!

I will definitely gather a few images for this one. I've photographed my town quite a bit over the years and it's been about 4-5 years since I put any serious effort into capturing it, so I'm due for a re-do.

In case anyone is interested in seeing "old" shots of "My Town" as a jumping off point for your own photographic adventure, here they are. Not all that great, but it was fun putting together the various galleries for others to enjoy.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's efforts on this one. Have fun shooting and sharing "Your Town."

Ben
    Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

SNC1923
    Be it city, town redwoods, or desert, produce a photo essay on where you live. I was hoping for an urban vibe in these photo essays, but not all of us live in the city or town. I'm looking forward to these submissions.

This is the hardest task yet. I feel no attachment to the town where we live. It certainly isn't my town and is just a repetitive cycle of restaurants, vets, orthodontists, nail bars and other non-descript, non-essential look-a-like thrown-up commercial establishments without taste, passion or even the saving grace of being crapulent...they just are.

I'll see what I can do.

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    This is the hardest task yet. I feel no attachment to the town where we live. It certainly isn't my town and is just a repetitive cycle of restaurants, vets, orthodontists, nail bars and other non-descript, non-essential look-a-like thrown-up commercial establishments without taste, passion or even the saving grace of being crapulent...they just are.

I'll see what I can do.
    I feel very much the same way about my adopted home-through-marriage. Therein lies the challenge. Remember: The instructions do not say "paint in a positive light," they say, "show us."

See if some of that rapier-like wit will translate to the visual medium.

rocketman
    I have just the opposite problem, DC is such a large and diverse area capturing it in only three pics is gonna be a real challenge. I haven't figured out exactly what my approach will be, but I have a few ideas, all based on the very diversity of the area. got a possible first shot purely by accident on my way to the International MC show in town yesterday afternoon hidden in between some office buildings in the heart of the city, glad I had my P&S with me! The big question is if I'm going include any of the many recognizable structures, most have been shot so many times, or maybe just one if I can find some unique way of capturing it.....

RM

clueless non professional takes 3 shots at this week assignment

My first time posting shots with you professionals...hope I did'nt mess up too much! I dont live in town so I just tried for a few good shots.... I'm new to this so please excuse...

"You must provide the EXIF information if asked. If you need help, we can show you how to find it or even link it to your photo."

Is EXIF a time/date stamp?

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post
    My first time posting shots with you professionals...hope I did'nt mess up too much! I dont live in town so I just tried for a few good shots.... I'm new to this so please excuse...

"You must provide the EXIF information if asked. If you need help, we can show you how to find it or even link it to your photo."

Is EXIF a time/date stamp?
    Red,

Your shots are great and I'm pleased to see you posting. I answered this question in the other thread. Take a look.

SNC1923

GJ:

This is a cool pic. I can't believe they still have the holiday lights up. Looks like a nice setting for a BMW MOA Foundation holiday card. Just sayin'. . . .

grossjohann
    Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post

GJ:

This is a cool pic. I can't believe they still have the holiday lights up. Looks like a nice setting for a BMW MOA Foundation holiday card. Just sayin'. . . .
    Thanks, Tom...

I was thinking the same. I should have brought the bike over yesterday, but I was out riding on Sat. and spent most of the day Sun. doing maintenance. Just got 2" of snow last night, and it's still falling. May make for a nice shot, but my baby's all clean (they salt the roads in NY).

The shot's a little out of focus. I think I need one of those mini tripods so that I always have one with me. I was balancing the camera on my knee (sounds like a song).

Here's another try:

I wanted to shoot the clock from below, to show two faces, to show the tree and to show the gazebo. There's also an American flag, but I thought that was asking too much...

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by grossjohann View Post
    I think I need one of those mini tripods so that I always have one with me. I was balancing the camera on my knee (sounds like a song).

If you're not already familiar with it, I highly recommend the Joby Gorillapod. It has three articulated legs, so in addition to a simple, free-standing tripod, you can wrap the legs around anything for a very sturdy grip. As a bonus, it's super light weightÔÇöideal for motorcycle travel. They run about $40.