Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Camera_Gear: DSLRs

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    I know nothing about these three lenses.

Solely going by numbers, I'd look at the 10-17, especially as it fits your kit lens so nicely. The 15mm buys you almost nothing but f/ 2.8, the primary benefit of which is the ability to focus in low light, and since you have an AF camera. . . .

I like the fixed aperture of the 12-24, but again, with TTL everything, so what?

If the reviews are all more-or-less equal, I like the 10-17.

This is a uniquely uninformed opinion.
    Yeah, that's pretty much my view too....

then again I could get one of those $65 screw-on fisheye things and go for complete distortion! Those things just can't be that great, just the fact it screws on... each time slightly different focal distance... naw....

RM

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    This is a thread where I'd to hear about your DSLR camera. Treat this as if you were doing a one or two paragraph review of your DSLR, what you like and what you don't. Don't worry about it being professional, I want to hear what YOU the photographer think. Would you buy another one, if not what would you buy, and why.

RM
    Didn't we have this thread already?
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23135

I use an older Canon D-60.

I have three lenses. I use the EF 17-40mm f/4L USM 99% of the time, since it's perfect for both portraits close to the subject:

and landscapes:

I also have a EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM and a EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens. The IS can't be praised enough. It simply allows long zoom shots in marginal light or of moving subjects without the use of a tripod - a huge advantage, in my opinion.

I do have a Hakuba carbon fiber tripod w/ Really Right Stuff quick release clamp and mounting plates. I use a Sigma EF 530 DG Super Flash EO-ETTL as my speedlight, and a nifty Pelican case to keep everything but the flash and the tripod safe from water, sand, dirt, etc.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by dvandkq View Post
    Didn't we have this thread already?
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23135

I use an older Canon D-60.

I have three lenses. I use the EF 17-40mm f/4L USM 99% of the time, since it's perfect for both portraits close to the subject:

and landscapes:

I also have a EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM and a EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens. The IS can't be praised enough. It simply allows long zoom shots in marginal light or of moving subjects without the use of a tripod - a huge advantage, in my opinion.

I do have a Hakuba carbon fiber tripod w/ Really Right Stuff quick release clamp and mounting plates. I use a Sigma EF 530 DG Super Flash EO-ETTL as my speedlight, and a nifty Pelican case to keep everything but the flash and the tripod safe from water, sand, dirt, etc.

that was more of a poll, I was looking for more information/review of what you had and why so that others looking to buy could get some ideas of what features the average Joe or Joan, end user likes/dislikes.

RM