Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Austin Hotels

USERNAME
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
    Bob,
    LoneStar is closed on Mondays so that would not be the place to get tires then. Tuesday is good and if you think you'll need them and know what you want give them a call and make a Tuesday appointment. The shop starts work around 7:30 AM and there is an OK waiting area with rading material, coffee, sodas, water and a nice HD TV.
    Their number is: 512-451-7979

You can send me private message. I check the site every day. Just don't post all that often.

Dave
    a great independent MC shop in town is zabor's, on burnet road. the owner paul, works there all the time and is pretty cool. i go to him for tires and save >$100 per set over what lone star wanted to charge me. i let them fiddle with my engine, brakes, and transmission, but i dont believe is any bmw-centric expertise with regard to tires. i'm not sure if he's open on mondays.

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    a great independent MC shop in town is zabor's, on burnet road. the owner paul, works there all the time and is pretty cool. i go to him for tires and save >$100 per set over what lone star wanted to charge me. i let them fiddle with my engine, brakes, and transmission, but i dont believe is any bmw-centric expertise with regard to tires. i'm not sure if he's open on mondays.
    Although Tuesday is not really a problem. If I can get my tire cheaper at Zabor's then I will. Will call ahead and check prices at both of course. Thanks for the tip. -Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

USERNAME
    Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    Although Tuesday is not really a problem. If I can get my tire cheaper at Zabor's then I will. Will call ahead and check prices at both of course. Thanks for the tip. -Bob
    you can tell paul that the guy who keeps coming in with the black r1150r with squared-off tires from too much highway riding sent you.

Oops!!!

I completely forgot about ZABOR's!!!!!! Do indeed check him out. The savings will be considerable. I think he just made Ride Texas Magazine's list of TOP TEN Indies.
    Dave
    Bullfrog

2007 R1200GS-adv Mad Max
    1976 R75/6 Black Beauty (Actually, it's my wifes' first bike)

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    .... will be doing that as long as I can, within reason, get 3,000 miles out of my existing tires (Lasertec). They should be pretty square by then. Like my hair.... lots on the side but...... - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

USERNAME
    Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    .Like my hair.... lots on the side but...... - Bob

He's open Mondays...just call a day or so ahead as he has to order some tires but gets them at 10 AM the next day.
    512-467-9484

Great guy to deal with, have left bike and walked two blocks for breakfast/lunch at Waterloo Icehouse, come back and rode off. He is going to miss me with 6 sets of tires, I was there at least every other month with a set...I got a No-Mar Christmas.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

you can tell paul that the guy who keeps coming in with the black r1150r with squared-off tires from too much highway riding sent you.
    I was the guy that got a puncture two days after visiting him...twice! And one bent rim on the RT twelve miles after leaving with a fresh set( another story about urban jungle driving)
    He always asked" didn't you just put a set on that bike?"
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait