Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Bike Portrait

grossjohann
    Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    It’s not a bad place to be. We’re on a hill with a westerly view of the Helderberg “Mountains”. The sunsets prompted the former owners to name the house “Sunset Ridge”.

The wind is the only issue. I’m becoming and expert in repairing wind-damaged siding (which usually winds up in my neighbors trees along with our patio furniture and pretty much everything else), and we had to put on a hurricane strength roof. I’m actively looking into buying the lot next-door and putting up a windmill.

It’s all about the view…

At least we don’t have to deal with Santa Ana Wind-driven fires and mudslides…
    Last edited by grossjohann; 01-20-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Gratuitous image placement.

Kbrick

gone but not forgot

Trying out a new to me digital camera... my former K100RS
    Attached Images Attached Images

From last year, taken up in Kananaskis country at Spray Lakes. This is why I bought my GS.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

favourite shots

This is my '82 RS, taken shortly after Dave Anderson, of Anderwerks, finished its restoration. The location is the summit of Going to the Sun Highway in Montana and I took the picture on film, with an Olympus Stylus. This was a 750 km, one day, solo shake down run, in September, and a glorious day it was.

This was a wonderful, fast, airhead, and the feature sheet on it was about 2 pages long.

And yep, I can still get into those retro sport leathers.

Rinty
    Last edited by rinty; 01-20-2008 at 05:10 PM. Reason: add text

portraits

This is why I bought my GS. MCMXCIVRS
    Ed:

And hopefully the Province will never pave the Smith-Dorien Highway, so that the west Kananskis area has a better chance of staying the way it is.

Rinty
    Last edited by rinty; 01-20-2008 at 06:44 PM.

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwdean View Post
    Don't look now but your frame seems a bit bent! Nice shot though!

RM

rocketman
    here's another one of my current airhead, from my recent post "Airhead Road", not sure if I have a really decent shot of the LT yet.

This makes it appear to be in much better shape, cosmetically speaking, that it really is. Wasn't intensional, just came out that way. I was shooting for location and fitting it into the idea of poem rather than it being strictly about the machine itself. Funny how that happens sometimes.

RM

No Comment

Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

K75ft

'Old Smokey' - K75FT - back then!
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

And Then

Wham!

BUBBAZANETTI
    roadside, I 25, NM

centraila, PA, 4 lane highway abandoned and closed due to underground coal fire, steam was coming out of those cracks

My beautiful R80/7 on "The Dragon". It was pointed out to me (I'm not always observant) that you can see the lines in the road reflected both on the tank (obvious) and in my face shield (what I didn't notice). Cool shot, I think.

Now, the GSPD. This isn't an exception shot of the bike, but it's still one of my favorites. It was a cool shot idea (not mine; kudos to Statdawg) and it also brings about memories of an amazing day of riding through PA from dawn to dark.

SNC1923

Hwy 12 Utah

This is my favorite "on the bike" shot, courtesy my friend Brad. This was early on day two of our trip to West Bend. It's heavily cropped and shopped, but it's a favorite: wonderful memory of a wonderful trip.

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmetzger View Post
    My beautiful R80/7 on "The Dragon". It was pointed out to me (I'm not always observant) that you can see the lines in the road reflected both on the tank (obvious) and in my face shield (what I didn't notice). Cool shot, I think.

Mmmm. sweet machine and nice shot. Was that one taken by KillBoy? he does some really good stuff, its worth checking out.

RM