Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Bike Portrait

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti View Post
    roadside, I 25, NM

centraila, PA, 4 lane highway abandoned and closed due to underground coal fire, steam was coming out of those cracks
    I'm always a sucker for reflection shots. That area of PA is kinda spooky with the fumes and smoke rising right out of the ground, That fire has been burning for I forget how many years and they had to move the town as well, last I heard no one knows just how long the coal seam will continue to burn since they don't know how long the seam is.

RM

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    I'm always a sucker for reflection shots. That area of PA is kinda spooky with the fumes and smoke rising right out of the ground, That fire has been burning for I forget how many years and they had to move the town as well, last I heard no one knows just how long the coal seam will continue to burn since they don't know how long the seam is.

RM
    I think it's been burning since '65 or '66. I rode down the same closed section of road Bubba was on, back in October. Last estimate I heard was 250 years of fuel left. I think there is a slight concern it will burn all the way to the next town over, Ashland. It's weird being on ground that is warm even in the shade, with no bugs crawling around...
    Josh Metzger - Toledo, OH
    BMWMOA#123695, ABC#8463
    1978 R80/7, 1993 R100GSPD

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Mmmm. sweet machine and nice shot. Was that one taken by KillBoy? he does some really good stuff, its worth checking out.

RM
    I can't recall if that was by Killboy or Zeefoto. Both of them got me, and I'm happy to have a number of nice shots from them!
    BMWMOA#123695, ABC#8463

grossjohann
    Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    This is my favorite "on the bike" shot, courtesy my friend Brad. This was early on day two of our trip to West Bend. It's heavily cropped and shopped, but it's a favorite: wonderful memory of a wonderful trip.
    Fantastic shot! No better way to remember a great trip. I'd probably frame it and put it somewhere in my office.

This is one of Candace and me as we arrived at Bar Harbor, ME:

Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by grossjohann View Post
    Fantastic shot! No better way to remember a great trip. I'd probably frame it and put it somewhere in my office.

This is one of Candace and me as we arrived at Bar Harbor, ME:
    That is one really great photo, I think. It's always nice to have such a happy passenger riding along!
    BMWMOA#123695, ABC#8463

grossjohann
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmetzger View Post
    That is one really great photo, I think. It's always nice to have such a happy passenger riding along!
    You should have seen her in the rain the day before...

grossjohann
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnszilla View Post
    (Image)
    I wondered when you were going to weigh in.

Great shot. She looks just as pretty as she does mean.

I'm not sure if this fits here...

This isn't of me and the subject isn't MY bike but my bike plays a large part. This mirror shot is my favorite. It's of a buddy on a Yamaha cruiser-style bike and he's where he belongs (BEHIND my BMW) on the ride.

We were riding at Yosemite National Park in 2006, heading toward Glacier Point and enjoying a fabulous day. I'd only had the RT for a couple of weeks and my face hurt from GRINNING so much (do I love my bike?? OH YEAH!!). I looked in the mirror and realized that this was a cool setup. My camera was in my tank bag so I grabbed it out and took this shot.

I have a Throttle Rocker on the throttle control so I was able to use the heel of my hand to control the throttle while taking the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JAY
    2000 R1100RT, Opal Blue 87,000 miles
    57,000 BMW miles in 6 years

Dogs off the leash

This has been my screen saver for the past year. This is on the eastern side of the French alps near Argentierre. An unmarked road, no traffic, camping gear, best friend from high school for a wing man. For me, this is as good as it gets.

"Plans are meaningless, planning is everything." Dwight Eisenhower

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by jyambrovich View Post
    This isn't of me and the subject isn't MY bike but my bike plays a large part. This mirror shot is my favorite. It's of a buddy on a Yamaha cruiser-style bike and he's where he belongs (BEHIND my BMW) on the ride.

We were riding at Yosemite National Park in 2006, heading toward Glacier Point and enjoying a fabulous day. I'd only had the RT for a couple of weeks and my face hurt from GRINNING so much (do I love my bike?? OH YEAH!!). I looked in the mirror and realized that this was a cool setup. My camera was in my tank bag so I grabbed it out and took this shot.

I have a Throttle Rocker on the throttle control so I was able to use the heel of my hand to control the throttle while taking the picture.
    I'd say it fits nicely within the forum, its a shot You took of something related to the experience of motorcycling. And yours or a part of it anyway, is in the shot, so it fits in this thread as well, definitely in its environment!

Now if I could put on my Moderators hat for a second....

One thing I would like to suggest to all is that we try to keep the file sizes reasonable, in so far as width is concerned, so that we don't have to scroll left-right in order to view the file and text. Remember one wide shot effects all posts on the page. if we can keep the width to say 700-800 pixels I think it would make for easier reading for all. I'm pretty sure that just about all us have a system that can handle that width. Does that sound reasonable to everyone? remember, this is Your forum! [/hat off]

As for the shot itself, well as I have stated before, I'm a real sucker for reflection shots and the clarity and framing here is superb considering the shooting conditions. Nicely done.

RM

Here's my favorites (so far) of my bikes:

Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

The RT.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

The GS.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

The CS.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA