Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself and your bike!

Sinclair , Welcome. We hope to see pics of you and the bike. Also hope you are enjoying riding and playing safe.
    Mike
    Mike & Robin Fifer http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/ 2002 R1150RT Current
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

Thank you very much, Mike
    Try to get some pictures soon.

johnephlin

Talking Long Rider

My name is John Ephlin, I am 80 years young, have been riding sence 1947, baught my first bmw in 1999, I PRESENTLY RIDE AN 2004 R1150RT, hope to ride at least another 20 years.

R

Rally Rat
    And I hope you make that 20 years!

Quote Originally Posted by John Ephlin View Post
    My name is John Ephlin, I am 80 years young, have been riding sence 1947, baught my first bmw in 1999, I PRESENTLY RIDE AN 2004 R1150RT, hope to ride at least another 20 years.

GO JOHN GO !!!!!!

Mike
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

Hi, nice to meet you.

I just recently purchased a 1200 GS Adventure and registered today with BMW MOA. I have had a number of different dirt and street bikes and now I have found the one that truly fits me and my style of riding.

I'm looking forward to the many adventures that await.
    Safe riding.

Take care,
    Jamie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlarson View Post
    I just recently purchased a 1200 GS Adventure and registered today with BMW MOA. I have had a number of different dirt and street bikes and now I have found the one that truly fits me and my style of riding.

I'm looking forward to the many adventures that await.
    Safe riding.

Take care,
    Jamie
    Jamie , You are in for a blast and meeting some of the coolest and mellow folks on the planet (must be the bikes).
    Welcome !

Thanks to Bob's BMW

Mike
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

jgraham6
    James from Tucson/Los Angeles. Currently on a 1994 K75RT, second BMW, 7th bike. Rode uop to San Francisco last week and on the way back accidentally discovered HWY 152 which took me from the hellacious 5 south through the most beautiful twisty part of CA garlic farms and then out to the Pacific Coast Highway. No traffic at all. Roads like butter.
    Next up 10 east 19 south to Nogales!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgraham6 View Post
    James from Tucson/Los Angeles. Currently on a 1994 K75RT, second BMW, 7th bike. Rode uop to San Francisco last week and on the way back accidentally discovered HWY 152 which took me from the hellacious 5 south through the most beautiful twisty part of CA garlic farms and then out to the Pacific Coast Highway. No traffic at all. Roads like butter.
    Next up 10 east 19 south to Nogales!!!
    Welcome aboard jgraham6! Please post as many pictures as you can of that 94 K75RT and don't hesitate to share and show stories and images of your recent exploits on the roads out in California!

Quote Originally Posted by tessler View Post
    Welcome aboard jgraham6! Please post as many pictures as you can of that 94 K75RT and don't hesitate to share and show stories and images of your recent exploits on the roads out in California!

Yeah , What He Said !!!!!
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

Smile hello

just signed on today ,been riding a 1990 r100gs for 13 years its a great bike it took me to nukusp bc for a bmw rally a few years ago 1st one . now that the separation in half way done i might make it to a few more .

afriedl
    Greetings All,
    I live in Beloit WI, on the stateline.I bought a 77 R100/7 in May of 08 from Beaver Dam WI. It has been flawless riding season. The hardest part was getting the bike home from the dealer. Took my "motorcycle" friend with me, he had a M class license. We took two lane roads back home. Now it took about an hour and a half to get there on four lanes in my car but in May of 08 all rivers were on at flood stage so all towns on the way back had detours. Normally this perfect, but.... The dealer had restored the bike from a trade in. Repainted, many new parts stuff like that. They'd had it for sale for some time..... So..... they fill the tank, we check the engine oil level, and and off we go.... All is well. We drive for an hour and detoured a few cities. I was leading in the car as we were getting ready to detour the next city. I pulled over next to a farm just out of town. I was checking at the gps and the detour looked really out of the way so I stopped to conference about going off the designated route. As I did my friend Greg asked to check the back tire because he said it felt like he just got a flat. I look and the rear tire is covered in oil. Shhhhh***ttt Look under bike, no trans plug... Called dealership and try to explain where the hell we are. They send some parts dude with a new plug and oil. We are just standing there so we park the bike at the farm house we are in front of, he's very nice guy... We drive back following the oil streak till it stops and start looking for the plug. Looked for a few minuets and bingo! there it is... No damage. Called the dealership and they called back the parts dude. Went into the small town we were near and found an Ace Hardware. Bought the new trans oil. Installed nut, refilled oil. We were off. Now I just wanted to get home. Took all the detours and four hours later we were home.

I want acknowledge my good friend Greg Joos. He drove that day and was my riding partner this summer. He passed away suddenly last October. He was trying to get me to buy a bike for the last ten years when I finally got funding in May. He was really psyched. We had a fun summer..

Here is the bike the day we got it home.
    Trying to post my first pic. Hope it works...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome

Welcome, Alfredl,
    That's a wonderful first post, and the picture looks great. I'll bet Greg is watching you from the other side, and enjoying your riding that beautiful bike as much as you are.

Holly
    Volunteer for the 2014 Rally in St. Paul. rallyvolunteer@bmwmoa.org

Welcome Alfredl,

Glad to have you here. Sorry to hear about your riding buddy. Glad you finally got to ride together.

Beloit is my birthplace. However, the home place is now gone. Across the street from the college and there is a "fake" stone water tower standing there now.

Looking forward to more ride reports next summer with pics.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Fly Fishing Adventurer

2nd BMW in 2 years

After about 20 years in the service, figured I needed to challenge myself a little more and started looking into riding a little over two years ago. Of course, the wife (and my two daughters) thought I was nuts.

Bought a 99 F650 at Hermys in Pottsville, PA. Wonderful folks up there. My wife didn't talk to me for a month. My plan was to see if I still had my sea legs, since I had not ridden in over 18 years. My thoughts, "If I scare myself to death, I'll just sell her." Well, plenty of folks here in Harrisburg, PA attempted to do it but that bike got me through plenty of possible "scrapes".

After riding dirt bikes as a kid, I knew I wanted in on the "adventure scene" and after a year on the chain, I had to move up. Put 'ol red in ebay and sold her in 5 days to a good bloke from Long Island, NY. Couldn't believe meeting this dude at the train station and he just rode her off back to NYC.

The next day, I picked up a 95 1100GS, and my life has not been the same. I have put over 5K on her this summer and into late fall. Loved 'ol red but the shaft is definitely where its at! A little over a month ago, I hit a deer at about 30 mph with the right valve cover (then my knee, then my shoulder). Bike and me made it through just fine (btw, she was fine, watched the deer shake her head and run off). When I got to work, I put her on the stand and just stood there for about five minutes shaking like a junky jonesing for a fix.

Best to all over Christmas and the New Year!

Last edited by porkchopgreasy; 01-04-2009 at 01:53 PM.