Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself and your bike!

criminaldesign
    Hey Guys.

Thanks Knary, Tessler said I should get in touch with you as you're a fellow designer and painter.

My portfolio site is like 99% there, hope to have up in the next week or two.
    Heres a few of my screen prints: http://www.gigposters.com/designer/2...al_Design.html

Hows about you?

Lineman, unfortunately I'm not in Colorado, that was in June, but I'm heading back west to Oklahoma in October. But we should definitely hook up and ride the bikes. I'll shoot you a message next time I'll be in the burgh. I still work remotely for my job up there, so I'll be in the city every once in awhile.

Take care, h

Quote Originally Posted by criminaldesign View Post
    Hey Guys.
    Lineman, unfortunately I'm not in Colorado, that was in June, but I'm heading back west to Oklahoma in October. But we should definitely hook up and ride the bikes. I'll shoot you a message next time I'll be in the burgh. I still work remotely for my job up there, so I'll be in the city every once in awhile.

Take care, h
    That's my bad for not looking at the dates from the post.
    Enjoy your Oklahoma trip. I look forward to hooking up and doing a ride.
    I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return. Please ask me to wait.
    Any tool if used improperly can be used as a hammer.

ownst1100
    Hi all!

I've been lurking for sometime and thought i'd finally step up an say HI! I grew up around motorcycles. My dad alway's had at least 6 bikes in his line up. At some point in time he added a 4 car shop off the back of the garage for doing motorcycle restorations. I alway's remember an Indian or two along with a Triumph, Norton , or BSA in the process of being torn down or being put back together. My older brother to this day still builds one of the best looking Triumphs out there. So many bikes went through that shop. I can remember Steve McQueen stopping by from time to time to check up on or looking into buying one of the many bikes that were finished and for sale.

My 1st bike was a Mustang. Looked more like a big minibike and together we explored all the oil fields in and around Fullerton and Brea Ca. From there it was all to easy. Between my Dad, brother, and my Dads friends bikes popped up everywhere and the deals were alway's good. Maico's, Bultaco's, MZ's, AJS, Honda,Yamaha, Suzuki, Greeve's, Montesa, ect. ect. ect. I don't think there was a brand made that didn't go through Dad's shop. If there was it be seen over at his friend Ralph's shop.

Most weekends were spent out at the Salton Sea were Dad and all his friends had trailers in Desert Shores off Hwy 86. Me and few of my friends started racing motocross. Saddle Back, Escape Country, and Lion's just to mention a few were some of the many tracks where we raced. Night racing was fun. Eventually I started to race desert. This was what I really lived for. Im a desert type of guy. This all came to an end when I hurt my back in 75'. Sure I continued to ride off road but as I got older I need to not be stupid and slow down. You would think back surgery in 88' would put an end to being somewhat stupid. Nope, 4 years later after picking up a sweet YZ465 I had to go through it again.

So since then I turned to the street. Lots of Honda's as my brother is a service manager at one of the local Honda dealerships here in SoCal. My last bike before turning to BMW was a Honda ST1100. For over 6 years I rode that ST. Only after being knocked down for the 2nd time did I start to think it was time to move on. The ST had about 149,000 miles on her, she still ran and looked great but it was time to move on. Having alway's wanting a GS, I started looking. Didn't take long because my brother with his many friends and contacts found me one. An 04 R1150GS Adventurer with just 7400 miles on the clock. Already had the Jesse side luggage, Corbin seat , Ricky risers with Pro-tapper bars, plus the bike had been repainted professionally by a friend of my brothers. The color, Craftsman scew driver blue. In the almost 3 years i've owned it I've put on over 60,000 miles. Lots of camping and rally's. What I've noticed most about the BMW owners is they like to ride and camp. Something I can never get enough of.

By trade im a aircraft repair tech at a small FAA repair station here in SoCal that specializes in Twin Otters. I have learned to do all my own maintance through friends and attending tech day's put on by the local Beemer clubs in my area. I also make most of my accessories and mounts. I strive to have the perfect camping settup as do the friends I camp with. Together we make for an awsome camp.

Here are a couple of pictures of my bike.

My GSA still has many miles left in her and I have really come to love doing the rally's. Im a talker and love to meet people and make new friends at the events. I also love to do the solo trips. Everyone needs to do a few day's with the bike camping along the way all by themselves.

Im also big on lots of pictures. Get a chance, look in my webshots below.
    Last edited by ownst1100; 10-02-2008 at 12:51 PM.

kaydphillips

group touring/riding

i am a new beemer owner. i recently bought a 2008 F800ST and i love it. i have two other bikes (2007 ninja 250 and 2007 ninja 650). i would love to find a group of ladies or couples (my boyfriend ownes three bikes) in the spartanburg sc area who are into day trips or over-nighters. i am ready to take to the road. i don't have many miles on my new "beauty blue" but i am willing to put the miles on her. any suggestions out there?

Quote Originally Posted by kaydphillips View Post
    i am a new beemer owner. i recently bought a 2008 F800ST and i love it. i have two other bikes (2007 ninja 250 and 2007 ninja 650). i would love to find a group of ladies or couples (my boyfriend ownes three bikes) in the spartanburg sc area who are into day trips or over-nighters. i am ready to take to the road. i don't have many miles on my new "beauty blue" but i am willing to put the miles on her. any suggestions out there?
    Welcome Kay! Hope you can find some locals to get up and go!
    Hope you have fun with that new ST!

Mike
    Mike & Robin Fifer http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/ 2002 R1150RT Current
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

Jack Herbst
    OWNST1100--Hey Kieth your just a puppy. I am 68 , still ride my five motorcycles, camp and also used to own a Mustang. Welcome and enjoyed your pictures.

Jack

G'day from 2 BMWMOA noobs

My wife Shy and I just joined today so we thought we would say hi. We have been thinking of becoming members for quite some time now. We hope to get to meet some of you somewhere along the road. As a quick background, earlier this year after selling everything we owned, we left Australia and arrived back in the USA where Shy my wife is from so we have family here. Our plan was to ride around the world. We bought 2 BMW bikes, an R1200GS for me and an R1100R for her. After many mods to both bikes we set off around America. 6 weeks later it all came to a screeching halt after Shy took a tumble in the Black Rock desert after hitting a patch of deep sand and broke her collarbone in 2 places. Undeterred, we regrouped back in California, sold her bike and bought her a minivan complete with a steering wheel spinner knob so she could drive with one arm, following me on my bike. 3 weeks later we were back on the road. We have travelled through the US, up through B.C. to Prudhoe Bay and the Arctic Ocean, across Canada, up to Nova Scotia and down the east coast of this awesome country. We are just about to leave Florida to head back across the bottom of the US to California. From there we plan to do a 2-up adventure down thru Mexico, Central and South America and then reassess where we go from there. We will have many questions but we are sure some of you guys and gals will be able to help.

Cheers,
    Daz & Shy

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    Welcome to the MOA and all the best in your quest beyond the horizon. I am glad you are sorted and Sky is up for the adventure ahead.

Where are you from in Australia ? Because I have friends in Adelaide and Sydney.

There is a friend on mine headed west from Florida by weeks end on a BMW GS bound for California from Daytona. Where are you in Florida ?
    Hi Statdawg. We are from just outside Hobart in Tasmania. Down under down under as we like to call it. We were staying in Daytona Beach, then Port Orange just south of there. Today we are in New Orleans, leaving for New Mexico tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Daz & Shy

Backroader
    Hi everyone... This is my first post on the site.
    My name is Greg and I live in Winnipeg Manitoba.
    I am soon to become the owner of a F800GS, my first BMW is on route from "somewhere" to here and is expected to arrive in a timeley manner to coincide with my retirement from the railway.
    I have been to a couple of National Rally's in past, as I have tagged along with a friend, who has ridden BMW's since the 1970's.
    Alway's a lurker till now.... I look forward to making it to rally this year and knowing I don't have to hurry back for work after it winds up. Where is the National Rally ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Backroader View Post
    Hi everyone... This is my first post on the site.
    My name is Greg and I live in Winnipeg Manitoba.
    I am soon to become the owner of a F800GS, my first BMW is on route from "somewhere" to here and is expected to arrive in a timeley manner to coincide with my retirement from the railway.
    I have been to a couple of National Rally's in past, as I have tagged along with a friend, who has ridden BMW's since the 1970's.
    Alway's a lurker till now.... I look forward to making it to rally this year and knowing I don't have to hurry back for work after it winds up. Where is the National Rally ?

Cheers
    Backroader , WELCOME !
    I would guess that you are nail bitting for that GS to get there eah!

Mike
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

Backroader
    Mfifer ! Thanks for the welcome.

Lets hope the winter doesn't drag on like it did last year...it was nearly May before the snow was gone in the bush.

We waited until mid May before our first good run,,,,, 1200 KMs mostly off road in four days. Lots of mud and rain and the odd snow shower.

my name is George Forman, i live in Westchester Co. NY and no, i do not sell grills for a living......LOL. what i do is drive a garbage truck and i have been doing that for the past 25 years. i started riding dirt bikes in my teens and moved on to many different road bikes over the years. my current ride is a '07 F650GS, and it is my first BMW. i have my little 650 set up perfectly for me. i have added a set of Jesse boxes, a Givi top box, Mr. Ed's custom seat, throttlemister, stebel horn, PIAA lights, BMW hand guards, TT chain guard, RKA tank bag, Ermax windscren which will be replaced in the next day or two with a parabellum for the winter riding season. i attended my first BMW rally at Rhinebeck NY (airheads at the aerodrome) this summer, then rode to the national in Gillette and finished off the rally season at Hunter Mtn. i already have reservations in Johnson City TN for next years rally. i am an AMA member (959916) as well as a BWM MOA member (130781) and i am a site administrator on the F650.com (chain gang) site. so that's about it for me, if anyone passes through the NY area drop me a line and maybe we can meet for coffee, lunch or just to BS. of course if you run into any problems i'm in the anonymous book so don't hesitate to call.

George , That is a fine looking bike. I would love one but I will wait until my old R1100RT gives up .

Mike

PS , I have one of the grills you do not sell !!!!
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

My name is Anna. I live in Amarillo, TX.

I was introduced to motorcycles when I was born. I rode many of miles when I was a little girl on the back of my mom's 1983 BMW R100RS...

As I was growing up, I always wanted to be able to ride my own BMW motorcycle.

I grew up riding dirt bikes... I did not ride dirt bikes that much as I did not want to hold anyone up because I was not as fast as my brother, dad, and uncle.

As you can tell, I am not the greatest with my dirt riding skills...

I purchased my first BMW after I found out that BMW made a factory lowered F650 GS. My first bike was a factory lowered black 2002 F650GS that I purchased in September of 2002. When I lost the bike due to a wildfire, I purchased a red 2006 factory lowered F650GS.

I currently have a Wolfman Denali tag bag, Jesse Bags, PIAA 510 series aftermarket lights, Givi top box, Touratech chain guard, BMW engine guard, Ermax windscreen, PowerPegz, BMW handguards with Touratech Spoilers, Hippo Hands, and some other misc. farkles.

Parked at work as I ride daily.

I joined the Chain Gang in February of 2006. After joining the Chain Gang, I have dedicated my time as being a Moderator and now I am an Administrator. I am well known on the Chain Gang for crashing my bike off-road.

After being talked into it by a close friend, I joined the AMA back in March. My mom has been a lifetime member with the MOA before I was born.

I finally joined the MOA a few months ago when I was told by a close friend I would lose my sticker if I did not do so...

Feel free to give me a shout if you are coming through my neck of the woods...
    Last edited by bmwgsrider; 11-30-2008 at 12:53 AM.

Hi, my name is Sinclair. I am a very very new motorcycle rider, started in this summer. Bought 1984 Honda Magna and 1985 BMW K100RS. But I think I will keep my beemer and sale the Honda.

I am glad to join BMW MOA and hope all of you can help me and teach me ride.