Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself and your bike!

Quote Originally Posted by motowoman
    Hello, my name is Donna and I LOVE to ride a motorcycle-'05 F650GSAL. Before last year, I was riding on the backseat of a K1200LT. I hope more women choose to ride their own bike because it is much more fun.
    I am an elementary music teacher and I have a husband and a 2 year old. Many of my friends say that I am crazy for learning how to ride a bike after I had my first child-I completely disagree. I hope to meet more women riders that have the same view I do-I wouldn't ride a bike 10 years ago, now all I want to do is ride.
    Hi Donna.....I Share Your Passion For Riding As Well..... ....Like You I Started Riding On The Back Of A Bike...... I Thought I Looked Good On The Back Of A Bike.....BUT I Look Better On The Front Of My OWN Bike......
    I Have A K75RT And I LOVE That Bike......I Took The MSF Course, And I Am Definitely Glad I Did.....I Don't Have Husband....And I Am Definitely NOT Looking For One......Nursing Is My Chosen Career..... Not Being Dependent Waiting On A Man To Ride With......Priceless.....My Bike Was A Challenge For Me At First...I Am 5'1" And Weigh 115....But I Was Determined....
    Best Of Luck To You.......

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar

Thumbs up Riding Mom's Rule

Quote Originally Posted by motowoman
    Hello, my name is Donna and I LOVE to ride a motorcycle-'05 F650GSAL. Before last year, I was riding on the backseat of a K1200LT. I hope more women choose to ride their own bike because it is much more fun.
    I am an elementary music teacher and I have a husband and a 2 year old. Many of my friends say that I am crazy for learning how to ride a bike after I had my first child-I completely disagree. I hope to meet more women riders that have the same view I do-I wouldn't ride a bike 10 years ago, now all I want to do is ride.
    Welcome Donna, I got my license when my daughter was 4. My now ex husband said "no wife of his was going to ride". LOL, he was right, I rode off 4 months later. My daughter is now 10 and we do more rides together.
    You absolutley can have it all!

Gail
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

@ the Big Muddy & I-80 bluestune's Avatar

Keeping the thread alive.

Found my 1976 R90/6 in a clients garage. The engine was in several boxes, the gas tank sitting on the floor in the corner and the Vetter faring was behind the garage. I was in love! $500 later the pile of parts was mine.

My original thought was to hone my motorcycle wrenching skills on this bike, but I'm no wrench, so off to the BMW shop it went. A few months later I'm ridding a BMW.

Motorcycling started for me sometime in the mid to late 60's with a Honda Trail 90, then a Honda 175, followed by a Triumph 250 and a Kawasaki 350 enduro. Fast forward through a couple decades and ex-wives to a Kawasaki KLR 650 and now the R90. I really regret not ridding during most of the 80's and 90's.

I'm now married to a very wonderful woman who still likes me. I've been a photographer my entire professional life, shooting corporate, industrial and advertising gigs. Right now I'm employed by one of my former clients working at a realy great job. I'll post a shot of me "down the road somewhere." Here's a shot of the R90/6.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1976 R90/6

ian408
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestune
    Here's a shot of the R90/6.
    Nice bokeh (nice bike too!).

Welcome!

Ian

ian408
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW Beauty
    Hi Donna.....I Share Your Passion For Riding As Well..... ....Like You I Started Riding On The Back Of A Bike...... I Thought I Looked Good On The Back Of A Bike.....BUT I Look Better On The Front Of My OWN Bike......
    I Have A K75RT And I LOVE That Bike......I Took The MSF Course, And I Am Definitely Glad I Did.....I Don't Have Husband....And I Am Definitely NOT Looking For One......Nursing Is My Chosen Career..... Not Being Dependent Waiting On A Man To Ride With......Priceless.....My Bike Was A Challenge For Me At First...I Am 5'1" And Weigh 115....But I Was Determined....
    Welcome! Nice to have you!

ian

Thumbs up

bluestune - nice looking pile of parts you got there. congratulations.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

snorfer

Talking intro

Hello new to the board. I started riding in the 1960's on British bikes. The fist one an Ariel red hunter 500cc single enduro bike. I now ride an old R65 around town beauty black of course and a 2001 1150 GS silver streak. In a couple of years hope to retire and do some long distance traveling on the GS. I work in the construction field and build custom houses. Hope to see some of you on the roads won't be able to make the rally this year but next year? Alan

@ the Big Muddy & I-80 bluestune's Avatar
    Welcome aboard Snorfer!
    1976 R90/6

New R1200RT Rider

I traded in my R1200C on a new R1200RT a week before the BMWMOA Rally in Lima. I rode the RT from NC to Lima. This was my break-in and getting acquainted ride with the new bike.

I enjoyed the Rally tremendously! I went on one of the mapped rides to see the covered bridges and eat the the Der Dutchman restaurant.

On my trip back to NC, I stopped at the Air Force Museum in Dayton. I was like a kid, running from one hangar to the next to see the vintage planes.

I look forward to reading this forum and especially learning more about the RT from the more experienced riders here.

welcome aboard. how about sharing with us some of the differences you experienced (good and bad) between the two bikes???
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar

It's getting a little crowded in the garage

I now have 3 decades of K bikes in my garage.
    Pay no attention to the chrome in the corner, it's not mine. (but goes a long way to explain the title under my avitar )

Life is good.
    Gail
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Bob C
    I thought I had already posted in here, but after reading HOW MANY posts? I noticed I haven't. Anyways, I'm Bob, 42 (look 27 so I think) and am the daddy to four kids.. They start at 21 and decrease by three until you reach my youngest daughter 12... I live in Southern MD where the Potomac Empties into the Bay. Having moved here two years ago, after graduating from college, I learned to sail and race occasionally. I retired from the Army after 20 years in November 2000, and actually got paid to drive Bradleys and M1's around, well for the first ten years, then they made me a recruiter, and tried to convince all these kids that being cold wet and miserable was FUN.. which leads me to my BMW!!

Well, there I was surfing the internet.. it was a warm day in June. My brother sent me a link to a local BMW Dealership in Columbia MD, he's been on a Beemer for a few years now, FINALLY trading up from his 850 Suzuki I believe..
    SO, I haven't been on a bike since the early 80's at Ft Knox, (you want thrilling.. dodge M1 tanks on a motorcylce on a tank trail!!) and I go to this link.. and there it is.. a sign from GOD.. well the motorcyle God anyways.. a 2002 Silver R1150RS gleaming in the sun, with the message from god behind it in 6 foot tall letters.. Bob's BMW.. well being one not to ignore messages from supreme beings I hightailed it to Bobs in my truck with the Vanity plate that reads "itsbob".. Damn I love myself!! I get there, and they ALMOST had me talked into a red 2004 1150R.. but everytime i looked at the Silver RS I swear I could hear Angels singing... So after much debate, I travelled back to Bob's, it was 50 degrees and raining .. so not only did they get to sell me a bike, they also got to sell me $500 worth of riding gear, and then after the warm up ride down the street and back another $35 for gloves.. But I tell you what, the 100 mile trip back home in the cold rain, I was IMPRESSED.. not a sniffle from the bike, I was toasty warm.. and kept looking for steam to be rising up from the heated hand grips. Well, it's been 2.5 almost 3 months, 6000 miles.. and we're inseperable. OF course I do have to give credit where credit is due, my truck gets 13 MPG when it moves, gets a LOT better when it's parked in the driveway, that does have something to do with it.. But I've joined BMWBMW, BMWMOA.. and am always shopping for stuff (I think I see this referred to as "Farkle"), and will be on my way.

I'm a little off of the beaten path.. end of the world you could say.. only one way to get here, and only one way out of here, but am looking forward to meeting some if not most of you, on a ride, at a rally.. at lunch?

Her's my Baby all decked out for the ill fated trip to Lima Ohio!!

See the unearthy glow around the bike?? Can you hear the angels too??

Just wondering how long I'm going to last before I trade up(?) to the RT.. damn that is one pretty bike!!

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob
    ... (you want thrilling.. dodge M1 tanks on a motorcylce on a tank trail!!)
    Ha! I actually did this once, out at Ft. Hunter-Liggett in CA. Somehow I managed to come in a back way on the G/SPD and found myself in the middle of about eight tanks that looked like they were on their way to somewhere in a big hurry.

Thank GOD they weren't actually shooting because the area had many trees that were all wrenched and gnarly... looking like they'd had the ever-loving crap blown out of them.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWBeauty
    So how many miles do you have on that bike this summer?
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

nipper

Smile Very New Member

John Williams_ I got my first BMW 17 days ago. R1200RT. This bike is even better than I expected. I'm getting old. I wanted a light, agile bike that would be suitable for touring. The first service was done last Thursday. After some good weekend riding my only question is: Will I ever want to ride my Harley again?