Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself and your bike!

Welcome

Hi Jackie (and GiGi)
    Portland Oregon (and Southern Washington) seems to have a strong representation in the MOA. I hope to see you around.

Thumbs up

yo jackie. so, where is a picture of GiGi? we likes to look at purty bikes, too!
    welcome aboard. good intro stories. hope you get as much out of this forum as i have. congrats on all the beemer miles.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Welcome to the fun Jackie. We want to see a picture of GiGi
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Jackie

Cool

I'd be happy to post a photo of my girl if I only knew how!!!

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Check out the How Do I? thread there is one on posting pictures... http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2021
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

ian408
    Welcome Jackie!

Ian

What the heck

I live in Hampton, VA with my wonderful wife Laura and the 6 cats and three dogs that own us... What can we say, stray animals show up and our vehicles don't know the way to the SPCA. We're into the usual camping, canoing, motorcycles, etc. Focus is our land off the Blue Ridge Parkway we purchased 4 years ago.

Started out on a 1975 Yamaha DT100 as a teenager. Next bike I ever rode was a friends R75/5 when I was 16. Since then a Suzuki GS1000, R65, R100RS, R50/5, K100RS, K75S, Suzuki DR350, R1100RT. Sold the RT, RS, and DR to get down to one bike - 1100GS. Not shortly after a friend was selling a Ducati 900SSFE and I was going to think about it, until my wife walked up and said, "That bike is beautiful, you should buy it." So much for one bike.....

I'm a daily, year round commuter on the GS and use if for business trips (hey they pay mileage and I get to ride - DC a lot, Boston, Dallas, Tennessee, GA, and other places).

Didn't ride many miles last year due to clearing brush and building buildings on our property. Hoping to catch the MOA and RA rallies this year as well as a ride to Goose Bay, Canada (my birthplace, how many people can say that!).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BmwDuc; 01-12-2005 at 08:31 PM.

Thumbs up

sweet looking ducati. dang. julie claire (my honey) had a 750 ducati monster for about a year. scared the pants off her and she sold it. i got to ride it a few times (you know, so nothing would seize up or get rusty) and even though it was a tad small for me (6.3 225) it was a gas to ride.
    welcome aboard.
    www.yearroundriders.com

Ducati

It was a lucky find - saw it in the back of BMWON magazine and it was owned by an aquaintance.

This thing will put a smile on anyones face! Granted it's not an all day ride or commuter, but I dare anyone to go out and ride some back roads for a few hours and not come back with a huge smile on their face!

For all the distance and daily stuff I'm happy with my GS.

Jackie

attempt....

If this attached correctly, it will show a photo of my GiGi on the far left, Leon's RT in the middle, and my uncle's Goldwing on the right. They are posing in front of the Canadian Rockies last July.

REBECCAV
    Now THAT is a pretty picture! The Canadian Rockies rock. Thanks for sharing.

Glacier Green RT

Jackie, good color choice on the RT! I really enjoyed my '97 - was flawless for 48K miles.

Somewhere in West Virginia........

censor46

Newbie Here

My name is Carroll Ensor. I am 49, and live in Maryland, North of Baltimore. Bought my first BMW in March of 03, and absolutely love the bike, which is a R1150RT. I took a 20 year leave of absence from motorcycling to do the family thing. Kids are pretty much grown and wife approves. She does ride with me, but only on shorter trips.
    When I was a teenager my family was involved in Motorcycle racing. We participated in both Motocross, Dirt Track, and Enduro racing. My interest and passion for motorcycling never wained, but other obligations kept me from it.
    A couple of years ago I was lusting for a Harley Road King, and actually came real close to purchasing one. My good friend Tim from Durango, CO suggested that at the very least I should test ride a Beemer. I took his advice and know I made the right choice. Both great machines, but vastly different in there characteristics. The BMW is more suited to my needs.
    The first year I rode about 7,000 miles, and this year I put close to 9,000 on the RT. Mostly short trips, rallies and weekend get aways. I joined BMW Riders of DC (www.bmwbmw.org), and have really enjoyed making new friends, and riding with club members.
    I really want to do a ride out West to visit my buddy in Durango this year. Thought I would ride out to Durango, then North to Yellowstone, the East to the Black Hills, and home. I figure on taking 15 to 18 days to do this trip. Any words of wisdom from the Long Distance Touring guru's would be appreciated. Hope to make a lot of new friends here.

Carroll

censor46@hotmail.com

2003 Silver R1150RT

caroll - welcome aboard. if you search around the forum you will find some threads with traveling tips. nice to have you join us, looks like you have the biking/camping thing going strong.
    jackie - many of use are eagerly awaiting the disappearnce of the ice!
    www.yearroundriders.com

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar

Lightbulb

Welcome censor46, may I offer BMW Motorcycle photography lesson#1,
    the bike goes in front of the tent for picture taking purposes! Unless of course you are posting in the "What tent should I buy" thread!
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT