Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself and your bike!

One Less Car

road trip to moms

hello, been a member for about a year or so. i have just started planning a trip to my moms house in texas, and of course the route has changed at least a dozen times in the last week. One thing that is set in stone so far is taking my time, at least 3 to 4 days to get there. So far i have Bisbee AZ, Hatch NM, and Carlsbad NM on the list. I really want to avoid the major highways as much as possible. So thats where i am at for now, oh and i also want to stop at tin top for breakfast at mary's brazo cafe, it is at the end of my run about 30 miles from moms. I started a blobspot, http://gypzdaz.blogspot.com to let the family know where i am at, and post pics so they can see how the trip is going. ok more later.

Second intro...

I already posted one intro in the "Where did it all begin" thread, but since I actually had a chance see (and ride) my new-to-me '03 Dakar in person, I guess it's time to post here. I'm a brand new rider (took the MSF course in January), and never one to do anything half way, my first ride was a 300 mile road trip around the Tucson / Phoenix area with my wife and her '97 Funduro. The pictures are on the the Apache Trail between Globe and Phoenix. Not that I have a huge base of experience, but the bike rides great so far.

As for me, I've been in the Navy for about 9 years and am currently stationed at the University of Washington's NROTC in Seattle. On December 17th I married my beautiful wife and into a BMW motorcycle family, my father-in-law has been riding BMW's for 30 or so years. Now that I have my endorsement and a BMW (and the threat of divorce/disownment is gone), I'm looking forward to putting a lot more miles under my belt and getting to know you all better.

Cheers,
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

maquick

Smile New Member

Good day to all. My name Tony and I am in NC, right in the center of the state. I became a member just this week. I now have a K1200LTC, My third Beemer. I traded my GT for the LT and really hate I did. I try to ride each day and I started with a Yamaha 250 and the age of 17, it was love at first ride. Anyway I enjoy Fishing, Golf, Tennis, and uh Motorcycles. If your ever in my area, give me a shout. Ride On..........

DSC00419_edited.jpg (45.3 KB)
    Last edited by maquick; 02-27-2008 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Add Photo

maquick

Smile New Member

Good day to all. My name Tony and I am in NC, right in the center of the state. I became a member just this week. I now have a K1200LTC, My third Beemer. I traded my GT for the LT and really hate I did. I try to ride each day and I started with a Yamaha 250 and the age of 17, it was love at first ride. Anyway I enjoy Fishing, Golf, Tennis, and uh Motorcycles. If your ever in my area, give me a shout. Ride On..........

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/attachme...4&d=1204076455

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Welcome to the fun Tony!
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Rt

hi Chris, my RT is the same color as yours... I'd prefer blue or red, but that's the only one the seller had; 25 000 mi, 11 500$ cdn. prices are high for bmw products here. ride safe.
    When up to your nose in ****, better keep your mouth shut - Jack Beauregard, "My name is nobody"

R1100GS '99

danadach

Life is an Adventure Have the right equipment

Hi all -- My name is Dana Dachroeden and I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. I just got back into motorcycling after a 15 year hiatus. In the early days I used to race in lots of local club enduros and was not so much into street. This time around I am set to explore the beauty of this great country and was lucky enough to have an acquaintance with a well loved '96 R1100RS for sale. The bike is just now broken in at close to 60K miles. Rides like a champ and is about everything I had hoped it would be. I plan to saddle up and head to Coloroado's Million Dollar Highway this summer (re. Dec '07 BMWON "Colorado Rocky Mountain High" -- nice article by Al Banta). Might be alone, might be with a couple of folks. It has also been a life long dream of mine to ride the Pacific Coast Highway from San Diego to Seattle. Maybe in '09. Well, let me finish by saying that I am pleased to be here. Dana ps. My middle name is James - so don't let the first name fool ya. :-)

keabird
    My name is Casey and I live in Edmonds, WA. My step-dad and I did a tour around New Zealand on 650 GS's last year and I got hooked! I just got my first Beemer a couple of weeks ago and I already am addicted. I got a 98 Funduro and have been itching to take it on a trip somewhere!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keabird View Post
    I got a 98 Funduro and have been itching to take it on a trip somewhere!

Casey, scratch that itch !!!

Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: FY K100RT, '80 XS850 with Vetter Quicksilver, '67 Bonnie, '66 Honda 90

Just joined

Hi All:

My name is Dean and I live in Calgary, Alberta.
    I have a 94 K1100lt and a Ducati Multistrada.
    Have been riding for 39 years and have owned 40 different bikes in that time.
    The K1100 is my third BMW, I have previously owned a R100RT and a K75s.

I still think BMW is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by earello View Post
    I already posted one intro in the "Where did it all begin" thread, but since I actually had a chance see (and ride) my new-to-me '03 Dakar in person, I guess it's time to post here.
    welcome tim and your wife.

i really like how you have your bike set up with the jesse boxes. good show!

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

...missing presumed fed.

Lisa & Simon Thomas

Hi all,

My names Simon and my wife is Lisa. We've been members now (thanks to a good friend) for about 2 months now and thought it was time we sorted ourselves out and starting posting here.

We're both Brit's and left the UK 5-years ago to travel around the world for 2-years. Yeah, you can see the dillema We've been diagnosed as having 'Geographic Dyslexia Syndrome', just cant seem to find our way home.

I'm riding a 99' R1100GS and Lisa's on a 2002 F650GS.

Right now we're half way through our goal of riding to and through 122 countries and all seven continents. Actualy, I'm just following the wife, I havn't got a clue where I'm going

Back in 1999 I was involved in a serious motorcycle accident which, bar a few tendons, took 'OFF' my right foot and crushed my lower right leg. The result was almost 18-months of no walking, months of agonizing physiotherapy and 5 major operations over a 2 year period. Learning to walk again was the next big challenge. It's not all bad...18-months gives a person pause for thought and a time to reflect on the 'big picture'...hence selling everything, and finally deciding to make a long dreamt idea into a wonderful reality.

See you on the road. Ride safe but ride far!

Cheers
    Simon T

Quote Originally Posted by SimonThomas View Post
    Hi all,

My names Simon and my wife is Lisa. We've been members now (thanks to a good friend) for about 2 months now and thought it was time we sorted ourselves out and starting posting here.
    simon - welcome here!

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

ian408
    Any of you that live near Santa Rosa BMW ought to go see Simon and Lisa. For reals.

Welcome Simon & Lisa!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonThomas View Post
    See you on the road. Ride safe but ride far!

Cheers
    Simon T

Welcome.

In case anyone missed it: http://www.2ridetheworld.com/