Hello All,

Just rejoined MOA after a year and a half absence. I was a member for 18 years and glad I rejoined!

My name is Don and I live in a historic cottage community of Bayside, Maine which is about 14 miles north of Camden and 3 miles south of Belfast. We are right on Penobscot Bay which is beautiful. You can see our village by visiting my wife's website; www.baysidecottagerentals.com

I've been riding motorcycles for 40 years. I got my first BMW back in 1987 which was a 79 R100RS. From there I purchased a 1991 K100RS which I didn't like nearly as much. When the US got their first shipment of R1100GS, I purchased that bike new and have owned it ever since.

The first trip I took with the GS was from Vermont to Prince Rupert, BC. Took a ferry from Prince Rupert to Vancouver Island and then crossed back to the mainland and headed back home. I was gone for 26 days. I've never taken on such a trip again mostly due to work and then a serious illness. My health is better now and I'm hoping to make a cross country trip in September.

I almost purchased a 2006 Multistrada about a month ago. I've always loved Ducati. I was ready to make the commitment and the sun came out one March day and the temp was 45. I went to visit my GS in a cold garage and turned the key and it started without much effort (no, the battery was not on a charger). Took a 35 mile ride and felt that smile come across my whole being. This bike "fits me" like a glove. I came to my senses and passed on the Multi.

I'm getting some work done on the GS with new Ohlin's, some good touring packs, and other basic maintenance. I hope this will be one of my best riding seasons.

By the way, when I'm not in Maine, I'm living on my 32' sailboat for about 5-6 months a year heading up and down the eastern seaboard.

If you find yourself in my neck of the woods, give us a call.