Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself and your bike!

Hi All,

My name is Monte. I've been on a bike since I was six (~32 yrs). Mostly dirt bikes and short trips on my dads GoldWings (1000, 1200, 1500). I got my first street bike (an 85 K100RT) a few years ago and have had several camping adventures with my oldest son. Looking forward to many more trips with him and my other boys.

MonteC , Welcome and hope you enjoy it here!!!

Mike
    Mike & Robin Fifer http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/ 2002 R1150RT Current
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

Quote Originally Posted by MonteC View Post
    Hi All,

My name is Monte. I've been on a bike since I was six (~32 yrs). Mostly dirt bikes and short trips on my dads GoldWings (1000, 1200, 1500). I got my first street bike (an 85 K100RT) a few years ago and have had several camping adventures with my oldest son. Looking forward to many more trips with him and my other boys.
    a lotta 85 k bikes here... finest year.

welcome, monte. we'd be interested in hearing about some camping with your son adventures.

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

staciebug2923

Talking Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabird View Post
    Stacia and Steve: WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Wishing you many happy miles.

Uh, Stacia, you aren't riding in Spokane now are you?

Sorry for the late reply, didn't see it til now. I haven't ridden since early november. We have gotten over 4 feet of snow so far, it finally melted off this week, only a few inches left. I miss my bike, and even though the roads are clear, I can't get my bike out of the shop with all the mud and snow in the way. It's even harder since I asked for new gear and accessories for my bike for christmas and I can't use them yet. Maybe in 2 weeks if the weather holds.

So, since I have no bike, I can actually have a drink or two when I go out. So the snow hasn't bothered me too much.

Yeah but you NW folks have it easy! It'll be 65 in March and we'll still be shoveling out over here!!
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

staciebug2923

Unhappy

hopefully we will have better weather than that. I almost took my bike out today, but had to restrain myself, there is a lot of sand, and junk on the roads from the snow melting. Maybe tomorrow.

Just saw the local weather report for Marion, Ar./ Memphis, Tn. area. Low to mid 60's Fri. Low to mid 70's Sat. and low to mid 60's Sunday and clear all three days. Winter ridin in the Mid South area at it's best.

On the Road

<b>Van and Bo<b>

I rode solo till I got the dog then found myself riding a lot less and driving a lot more so I could take the dog. Then diesel hit $4.50 and the truck just wasn't working for us anymore. So...

Please...don't ask me to purchase an associate membership for the dog. Not that he's not worth it, but it's the principle of the thing.

"Neutered...And Lovin' It"
    http://www.bobaji.com

Seeking the 4TH dimension _RockZ_'s Avatar
    I am ANDY ,Last year I rode a R 2007 R loved it Just found my self with alot of miles so this spring I traded for a 2005 RT and so far rode it 60 miles ,can't wait to ride a weekend or so,by the way glad to be a part of this Whole thing. looking forward to meet and greet some of you on this big road of Life.
    Friend of Bill W. Kiss the Wife.Love the Kids.Live the Day.

2005 R1200RT
    MOA#147877

DWR302
    Hello, new to BMWMOA, and the RT is my first BMW. Back on bikes again the last couple years after a decades long break. Owned some British bikes way back when. Got a Sportster in 06, then a V-Rod in 08. Found I like long rides now that I have the time so I took a test ride on an RT. It as all over for the V-Rod after that. The RT is outstanding. Can't stay off the thing. After just a couple months
    it is close to needing new rubber. Too Much fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DWR302; 03-14-2009 at 12:14 AM.

TALLPAULS

New Member from Northern CA

Just joined.

Been active at other forums, IBA and BMWST.

Own an 07 1200RT with 40K miles.

I'm married with nine children and eleven grandchildren.

I like to: ride, motorcycle tour, camp, fish, bicycle, play softball and basketball.

Teacher in Northern CA … Always busy but plenty of time to ride!

Hello All,

Just rejoined MOA after a year and a half absence. I was a member for 18 years and glad I rejoined!

My name is Don and I live in a historic cottage community of Bayside, Maine which is about 14 miles north of Camden and 3 miles south of Belfast. We are right on Penobscot Bay which is beautiful. You can see our village by visiting my wife's website; www.baysidecottagerentals.com

I've been riding motorcycles for 40 years. I got my first BMW back in 1987 which was a 79 R100RS. From there I purchased a 1991 K100RS which I didn't like nearly as much. When the US got their first shipment of R1100GS, I purchased that bike new and have owned it ever since.

The first trip I took with the GS was from Vermont to Prince Rupert, BC. Took a ferry from Prince Rupert to Vancouver Island and then crossed back to the mainland and headed back home. I was gone for 26 days. I've never taken on such a trip again mostly due to work and then a serious illness. My health is better now and I'm hoping to make a cross country trip in September.

I almost purchased a 2006 Multistrada about a month ago. I've always loved Ducati. I was ready to make the commitment and the sun came out one March day and the temp was 45. I went to visit my GS in a cold garage and turned the key and it started without much effort (no, the battery was not on a charger). Took a 35 mile ride and felt that smile come across my whole being. This bike "fits me" like a glove. I came to my senses and passed on the Multi.

I'm getting some work done on the GS with new Ohlin's, some good touring packs, and other basic maintenance. I hope this will be one of my best riding seasons.

By the way, when I'm not in Maine, I'm living on my 32' sailboat for about 5-6 months a year heading up and down the eastern seaboard.

If you find yourself in my neck of the woods, give us a call.

Rally Rat
    Welcome back, Don!

Quote Originally Posted by VanFrederick View Post
    I rode solo till I got the dog then found myself riding a lot less and driving a lot more so I could take the dog. Then diesel hit $4.50 and the truck just wasn't working for us anymore. So...

Please...don't ask me to purchase an associate membership for the dog. Not that he's not worth it, but it's the principle of the thing.

"Neutered...And Lovin' It"
    http://www.bobaji.com
    Just found your videos!!!!!! Great job. You guys are having a good time on the road.

Please post more.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by 1995GS View Post
    Hello All,

Just rejoined MOA after a year and a half absence. I was a member for 18 years and glad I rejoined!

My name is Don and I live in a historic cottage community of Bayside, Maine which is about 14 miles north of Camden and 3 miles south of Belfast. We are right on Penobscot Bay which is beautiful. You can see our village by visiting my wife's website; www.baysidecottagerentals.com

I've been riding motorcycles for 40 years. I got my first BMW back in 1987 which was a 79 R100RS. From there I purchased a 1991 K100RS which I didn't like nearly as much. When the US got their first shipment of R1100GS, I purchased that bike new and have owned it ever since.

The first trip I took with the GS was from Vermont to Prince Rupert, BC. Took a ferry from Prince Rupert to Vancouver Island and then crossed back to the mainland and headed back home. I was gone for 26 days. I've never taken on such a trip again mostly due to work and then a serious illness. My health is better now and I'm hoping to make a cross country trip in September.

I almost purchased a 2006 Multistrada about a month ago. I've always loved Ducati. I was ready to make the commitment and the sun came out one March day and the temp was 45. I went to visit my GS in a cold garage and turned the key and it started without much effort (no, the battery was not on a charger). Took a 35 mile ride and felt that smile come across my whole being. This bike "fits me" like a glove. I came to my senses and passed on the Multi.

I'm getting some work done on the GS with new Ohlin's, some good touring packs, and other basic maintenance. I hope this will be one of my best riding seasons.

By the way, when I'm not in Maine, I'm living on my 32' sailboat for about 5-6 months a year heading up and down the eastern seaboard.

If you find yourself in my neck of the woods, give us a call.

Welcome. Did you build a "little house"? I had a link once but can not find it.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.