Thread: Tell us about yourself and your bike!

Threaded View

Just a little east of Paradise (California)

Hi All

Hello all, just signed up this evening and so here we go. Wife and I are both pretty much retired out of hi tech, although she still consults a bit. We sold out of the SF Bay Area and moved up here on to our 13 acres in early 2005.
    In early 2007, I thought I might get back into motorcycling and so started looking. Two things became very evident. #1, wife was not satisfied to be riding behind me anymore, and #2. she thought anything but a beemer was going way way backwards. The last machine I had owned was a 1973 R75/5 and we packed "2 up" on it a number of times. Go figure??
    So..... she's got an R1200GS and I got an R1200GSA. We enjoyed doing the break in miles down at our place at the Salton Sea (SS) last spring and then brough them up here for some very nice rides in northern Calif. Since we live just 5 miles north of highway 70, we have a lot of local roads that are "interesting". Both machines are currently on the battery maintainer in the garage but we should be hauling them down to the SS in another month or so. I, we can't wait!
    Over the fall / winter I constructed a Doggie Box that should make it possible to take the spoiled cocker spaniel in our lives along. It includes a suspension system to mitigate the jolts, plenty padding and fresh air. It fits nicely on the back end of the GSA with the seat removed, but have not taken it / her out for a "maiden flight" yet. Fingers crossed! We also took our machines up to the Russel Seat folks in Shasta Lake and let them do their magic. What a differrence! Yes, I am actually smiling in the attached image and that's after ~ 1 1/2 - 2 hours in the saddle.
    Cheers & ride safe
    D&D+ Freckles Doggie
    Attached Images Attached Images