Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself and your bike!

MARK2WHEELER

back riding

My name is mark and bought a k75rt this past spring.I have ridden since I was 18 or so.I'm 51 yrs old and folks my age were likely to have started riding on a 350 honda.I owned a used one for a year or two and then moved up to a 550 honda 4 cylinder.When I was about 22 I bought a brand new '77 R100/7.I put a Luftmeister fairing with lowers and Krauser saddle bags on it.I live in suburban Chicago.I rode that bike to the Blue ridge Parkway four years in a row.When I would be back home I was spoiled from those trips.It's not much fun riding in the Midwest after experiencing the beautiful Appalachians.I got married and had a few kids and sold the bike,in about '92, as it was not getting any use.The kids grew up and so now I've got some time to ride.I really like the K75.It is a big step up from the r100.

piumarider

Cool Hi, My name is Pedrum

Hello Everyone:

My name is Pedrum, in Santa Monica, California (Los Angeles). I am a new rider. It took me a long time to realize my goal of riding, but I finally did it this year. I own a 2006 F650 GS, which I enjoy immensely. This weekend I had the opportunity to take a ride to the famous "The Rock Store" on Mulholland Hwy. For those of you who are not familiar check out their website: http://www.rock-store.com/. The drive there is absolutely fantastic. Drive back is equally phenomenal. Unfortunately no Jay, Arnold or Matt; however, I'll be going there regularly so I'll eventually run into them. If anyone in my neck of the woods is interested and would like to hook and take the ride with me, feel free to email me.

Cheers,
    P.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by psodouri; 01-10-2007 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Add picture

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Welcome to the fun
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Message to mark2wheeler

Mark, sounds like a familiar story. I am 51 also. k75s rule. Hope BMW continues to make parts available for them. Several times I thought I would sell my k75 and get a newer BMW model, paralever and all that. No, that would have been stupid. Instead I plan on keeping this bike whether I buy a new one or not. I feel I can take this bike anywhere, except where a GS may wander off the road, but actually what I mean is that I can take this bike on a short trip to the store, just putt around my city, or go on an extended multi thousand mile tour in all sorts of weather. Even though the bike may never be thought of in the same light as a classic airhead, my thoughts are evolving into thinking that this is a bike worth preserving.

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by k75s
    Mark, sounds like a familiar story. I am 51 also. k75s rule. Hope BMW continues to make parts available for them. Several times I thought I would sell my k75 and get a newer BMW model, paralever and all that. No, that would have been stupid. Instead I plan on keeping this bike whether I buy a new one or not. I feel I can take this bike anywhere, except where a GS may wander off the road, but actually what I mean is that I can take this bike on a short trip to the store, just putt around my city, or go on an extended multi thousand mile tour in all sorts of weather. Even though the bike may never be thought of in the same light as a classic airhead, my thoughts are evolving into thinking that this is a bike worth preserving.
    At first I thought of my K75S as a starter bike, to be traded in for the next one. But considering all I've done to her in the two months I've had the privilege of owning her, and considering the market research I've done subsequent to buying her, she's appreciating in value (both sentimental and economic) on a daily basis. How could I give her up now - even if it were for a new bike?

When it comes time to get a new bike, I think I'll just clear out a little more space in the garage so I can keep the old along with the new.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

turnkey630

Talking

Hello, my name is Rick Barry, I live in Central FL, originally from NH and work as a deputy sheriff spend most of my off time riding 1 of my 2 Beemers. I have an LT and an R12C. Been ridin for the better part of 20 yrs, Harleys up until 4 yrs ago when I got my first Beemmer (the cruiser). I've ridden in every state east of the Mississippi, now its time to venture west.

My story

Hello everyone, I am Steve from Austin,TX. Headed into my 50th year and CAN retire from my 30 years ( 23 in Austin) in the electric utility bidness as a power lineman and now a manager over the training section . Only been in the BMW "club" for 9 months, but have ridden two wheels(some not with motors) for the past 35. I sold a HD when I was 25 and w/ 3 kids...it was decided I needed to "be responsible"...looking back it was " I can't ride with you so get rid of it!" I stayed off of motorized bikes ,well ,not owning one, for the next 22 years. I was given a set of keys to a brand new bike to use for rally in TX by a gracious/thankful neighbor for favors done and haven't stopped since...I bought a HD, then an 05'RT( after my girlfriend who rides a 95 R 1100R as well as HD's introduced me to BeemerWorld ) I also currently have two '02 R1150R's and have looked at a / airhead or two so I know i will prob have one also... Brought the latest R back from MOA owner in Indiana Christmas week in between storms .Have been to Sipapu Rally as well as a few Big Bend runs...Central Texas has plenty of back roads and twisties to keep rides interesting.... Headed to the Carolinas in June and the Wisconsin rally in July...ride with the SanAntonio BMW club almost every weekend....seem to end up in Luckenbach on Sundays at 1PM no matter what route we take!!Right,Chuck?
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

and these

gotta give equal time....
    Steve Henson
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

the newbie

stop on Dec 28 on Natchez Trace coming home to TX on newest of R bikes in my garage
    Steve Henson

My story and I'm sticking to it....

My name is Marc Krouse from Cary, NC and I started riding again in 1995 when my 17 year old daughter wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle. We attended an MSF class together and riding helped her develop self confidence along with a special identity rare in most high school girls: Motorcylist.

My first BMW was a 1975 R90S recovered from a garage near the Duke campus in Durham, NC. It spend 6 months in my living room then emerged for a paint job. Gone now. Sad. Never sell a paid for bike.

My second BMW was a 1996 R1100RSL that I bought for my 19 year old son. Purchased used and sight unseen from Phoeniz, AZ. He flew out to AZ and rode it back on his first long distance solo ride. A great adventure. It currently resides in Yuma, AZ where he is working at his first job after college and a BMWMOA member.

My third BMW is a 2002 K1200RS purchased used locally and it is my favorite bike so far. I think it is a cross between my former 1999 Honda CBR1100XX and the R1100RSL. Comfort and power. My oh my what a fine thing is electronic cruise control.

I'll be 62 next month and I still remember my first ride on a Honda S90 in 1965. Actually more vividly than this past Monday's New Year's Ride. Short term memory thing. 1966 had me aboard the biggest bike Honda made at the time, 1965 Honda Superhawk 305. No helmet. No boots. No gloves. No jacket. Sunglasses and loafers. My grades suffered.

Now to get aboard the K12RS and head out west again, check out the same wonderful roads ridden in 2005 for 8K miles aboard a 2005 Ducati ST3. Surely the K bike will be an improvement on Nevada's route 50. And CA 36. And UT 12. And ID 12. And WA 129. And CO 92. Oh my.
    Marc Krouse
    Arizona USA
    2008 BMW K1200S
    BMWMOA 113918

Henzilla....

What is on the pillion of your 1150R? Bag, Back rest, higher seat for passenger?
    Thanks.
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

that is a large GIVI box that already has a new home on the RT! Since my girlfriend rides a R, I will NOT be needing the backrest...hahahaha. My brother said it was a radar dome!
    Steve Henson

and I forgot the HELEN2WHEELS rolltop bag that I carried all my riding gear in on plane ride to pick bike up...made a nice backrest too!
    Steve Henson

DaveRTS

Back in the saddle

Hi everyone. My name is David Zuck from Taylorstown, VA. After a twenty one year hiatus, I decided to purchase a bike. I came across a 05 R1150RA this past summer and couldn't pass it up. I can't begin to tell you how happy I've been with the bike. I have actually enjoyed the bike more than I expected. I wasn't quite sure if this was the bike for me but after a few months, I know it is. I rode a 78 Yamaha XS750 when I was in HS and upgraded to a 83 Honda CB1100F in college. The Honda became a sofa and loveseat when my wife and I got married. After twenty one years, I'm still married to my wonderful wife. We have a fantastic 13 year old daughter, a 7 year old cat, and a 2 year old Newfoundland. I just joined BMW MOA and hope to meet some of you in the near future.

Hi Everyone!

I sold everything that I owned, maxed out a few credit cards, and took a loan out to research Latin AmericaÔÇÖs healthcare systems on my 2005 F650GS Dakar. My name is Salvador Carlucci, 1ÔÇÖm 26 years old, half Italian and half from Nicaragua. The last 8 years IÔÇÖve been living in the US where I was working for the pharmaceutical industry.

So far IÔÇÖve visited 16 countries in 5 months, riden over 17,000 miles and currently planning my route back north from Buenos Aires. IÔÇÖm planning to add at least 4 more countries to the list of places I visited on this last part of the trip. My travel blog can be found at www.salcar.net

As far as I can remember BMW motorcycles have always been a dream of mine. I remember that when I was little my dad would stop at service stations in Italy to get gas. Once in a while I would see these huge fully loaded bikes with Germans motorcyclist on it ÔÇô those bikes where BMW. I thought those guys where so cool and after doing some research I became a believer that the 650GSD was the best bike to do the type of traveling I always dreamed of.

I look forward to become an active member in this forum and to meet all of you either online or in person!