Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself and your bike!

RedHotRT

Bubbagazoo

Excellent post, bubba,

Nice to see husband/wife riding.

My wife is quite petite, 5' 95 lbs soaking wet and a novice bike rider.

She rides a Suzuki Marauder which she purchased new last August.

I just picked up a new 1200RT last weekend and can't wipe the grin off my face.......

Good luck to both of you.

Go Oilers Go !!!!

The Bike Lawyer

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    We'd rather this wasn't used as advertising.

Thanks, man.
    Sorry for the ad-type posting...somebody said, "got a card" and I ran with it!

Just got back from Santa Fe~ Grrrrrrreat ride out west, if you discount the 400 mile day of rain... Gorgeous Riding in Santa Fe though.... the "pavement ends" signs were a joy to behold!

SM

No sock riding style?

So you sit on the bike while it's on a trailer pulled by a car?
    Just couriousÔÇö BMW riders do have a rep to uphold.http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/misc.php...=0&forumid=20#

No sock riding style?

So you sit on the bike while it's on a trailer pulled by a car?
    Just couriousÔÇö BMW riders do have a rep to uphold.

The Bike Lawyer
    I did ride out there.... honest!
    I thought that pic came out pretty cute though, so I thought I'd post it...
    I'm writing a review of that trailer for BMWMOA, very cool thing - "Trailer In A Bag" - breaks down into like 5 pieces and stores in a big duffle...

stealthrider
    Been watching the forum for a while and thought it was time to jump in and say hi..

My name is Tim, IÔÇÖm 45 and been riding for a relatively short time (16 yrs).
    Picked up my first BMW on May 5th after being a loyal Honda rider. I must say that I'm very happy with my choice. Another first for me will be attending the National in ÔÇ£itÔÇÖs not flatÔÇØ Vermont, And camping to boot.. At least IÔÇÖm going to start out camping.. I figure that way IÔÇÖm closer to the beer at night..

1st Time to Rally

You want to be close to the beer in the daytime too

CLOUDCOPILOT

Talking Just saying hello.

Hi, my name is Frank and I live in eastern N.C. near the right ocean. I am 55 years old. I love long distance touring, but am not crazy about camping. The weather in our area has never been conducive to pleasant camping. Summer is too hot and winter is too cold, so I never became a fan of the activity.
    After putting about 32k miles on a Dynaglide, many with the wife on the pillion. I came to the conclusion that we needed a real touring machine. After finally selling the old Dyna, and rejecting Harley's touring machines as all chrome and no substance, I hot footed it to Morton's BMW in Va. and satisfied a deep lust for a new R1200RT. This unusally intelligent decision I owe to a transplanted friend from San Francisco. He led me to the light and I will forever be in his debt. My wife Artie (and riding buddy) is now a very happy woman.
    I am new to BMWs but hope to be around for a long time. If you are ever in the area and need a tour or advice about anything relative to eastern N.C. in particular or the southeast region in general give a call. I will always take time to ride. I have added my info to the anonymous book. Hope to hear from you if you're ever in the area.

CLOUDCOPILOT

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome Statdawg.
    I liked my Harley as a cruiser, it's just that I got bored with cruising. I never fit into the "image". I finally realized it was because I wanted to be a motorcyclist and not a biker. I was at my first HOG meeting when the safety officer of the chapter got up in front of the meeting and told the members that there was a bill in the state legislature to do away with the helmet law. He encouraged everyone to write their representatives to support the repeal of the law. I never went back. The mentality of skid lids, doo rags, and bar hopping on a motorcycle eludes me.
    I found my Harley to be trustworthy, rugged, but primitive by all other bike standards.
    I didn't mean to get on my soap box, but I've been holding that in for a long time. I'm shutting up now!
    If you ever get to the Crystal Coast of Carolina be sure to look me up.

BUBBAZANETTI
    welcome to the fun!

Obdewla
    My name is Curt and I live in Plano, TX. I have been married 26 years to my wonderful wife Yvonne and we have 3 great kids. This past May I turned 50 and for my birthday present and answer to a minor mid-life crisis, I bought my first BMW... a black 2002 K1200RS. AWESOME bike! Actually, this is my first motorcycle period as I've never owned one before. The last time I rode a motorcycle was 32 years ago when I was a freshman in college on a friends Honda 550 Four.

It's great to be a part of the BMW family and I am really enjoying my K bike. I am slowly getting my miles up and have put around 4700 miles on my black beauty since I bought it. I am having a ball and I am looking forward to doing some touring this fall in the Texas Hill Country.

Welcome Obdewla. Mid-life-crisis? You have not had a mid life crisis until you have spent some time with this bunch. Enjoy the K, keep posting and put a picture of your bike up on the K forum. Welcome
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Welcome aboard! Great avatar... my man, FZ!

Obdewla

K Bike

Thanks M1ka & tessler for the welcome aboard greetings.

My K12RS is basically stock although I have added a few things mainly for looks. It is easy to see where what little money I have left over for myself at the end of each month will be going for the foreseeable future! Whether it's clothing, performance enhancements, aesthetics or touring accessories it is absolutely endless. I guess that's why someone came up with credit cards... hmmm.

As for the avatar, yes FZ. If my aunt only knew what she got started when she gave me that Hot Rats album when I was 13!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful RS Obdewla,I know you'll love it.