Thread: nolan flipup helmet

MRU

nolan flipup helmet

I know this type of helmet is more noisy than a regular fullface, but behind a windshield on a K1200 or R100Rt is it that noticeable?

Nolan Helmet

My SO and I are on our third set of Nolans. I think they are great. I have an 03 RT and I find the helmet very quiet no matter where I position the W-Shield. A year ago I heard of problems with the newer ones with the single finger release. Some folks had these releases sticking and had to use both releases to open the helmet. I have not had this problem and would recommend Nolans to anyone. I buy mine on line and pay aaround $180.00 as opposed to about $240.00 in a store.
    I have met the enemy, and he is us
    2011 R 1200 RT
    1992R100RT
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Silverado

Just got a new Nolan this week, and am loving it. 47 degrees with 30 mph winds and all is well.Been riding with no wind shield or helmets for many years, not quite sure what noisy is!! Bought it on line and also saved 40 some $$.

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    I have been using Nolans since the early 80's. I currently have a Nolan N100E and love it. I particularly like the fog shield that doubles as an easily removable tinted shade. You don't have to cary two shades with you. This helmet keeps me warm with the neck and chin guard and cool with decent ventilation.

All this for $125 on clearance.

Not a bad deal considering there are so many helmets that cost $400-600 and have a face shield that cost near $100 alone. My Nolan shield cost about $25 and is very high quality.

Jim

Question Where did you buy it?

OK guys, where exactly did you get these great prices? I threatening Mexico in a couple of weeks, and I gotta move on this. Reply privately if you don't want to swamp your good deal.

Jim

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Sorry Jim,

I got mine in Vegas at a Honda store that was discontinuing them. The salesman said they were too expensive for the Honda crowd!

Jim

Jim,
    Found the Nolan 100 classic on line at Helmet City, $209 including freight. 2 days to my front door.