Thread: Weatherproof portable CB

Question Weatherproof portable CB

I was wondering about a weatherproof/waterproof portable CB. Does anyone have any experiance on them and what would make a good choice. I want to mount it to my accessory shelf on my R12RT. This way I can talk with my Wife on her new Wing. We were using FRS's but I would rather use the CB option. I have seen other bikes with hand helds attached and wanted to get some opinions.

I know that J&M makes a nice model but I don't know If I want to pay that much for all the extra stuff needed. I already have an IMC motocom unit I use for intercom/MP3/Audio/Bike2Bike. So I already have a head set (Although the IMC Headset isn't the best).

I have been looking at the Midland 75-822 hand held unit. This unit looks nice but I wonder about if it rains. Is it water resistant like my FRS radio was.

Ok thanks for the help.

Moon,
    We just went to our first club meeting and ended up buying a used Midland 75-805 hand held. Why? I don't know, I just had to have it for $30. I can say I love my J&M headset. The sound quality is the best! Right up there with expensive ear buds.
    Jay