Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unigo Trailers

Quote Originally Posted by ah4321art View Post
    I have an 04 r1200CLC and am considering a Unigo trailer to expand luggage capabilities...My question is in regards to the tariler hitch and wiring arrangement...Do you use the Unigo hitch and wiring and have you had any issues regarding quality of product with either the hitch ar trailer. Thanks
    The first photo is the frame from my Unigo. I pulled the body to repair the point where the tow bar connects. While on a trip to the latest Chicken Rally in Alabama, the welds broke causing the trailer to drag over bumpy ground. Fortunately I was able to get it temporarily fixed. See second photo of temporary welds. I plan to replace the plate welded to the frame.
    I don't pull the trailer very often and have never overloaded it. I don't think I have. I'm not sure how it was used before I got it.

[IMG]
    From Shotwell Connect
    [/IMG]

[IMG]
    From Shotwell Connect
    [/IMG]
    Mike White
    R1200CLC

"I can resist everything except temptation"... Oscar Wilde

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by txtinman View Post
    The first photo is the frame from my Unigo. I pulled the body to repair the point where the tow bar connects. While on a trip to the latest Chicken Rally in Alabama, the welds broke causing the trailer to drag over bumpy ground. Fortunately I was able to get it temporarily fixed. See second photo of temporary welds. I plan to replace the plate welded to the frame.
    I don't pull the trailer very often and have never overloaded it. I don't think I have. I'm not sure how it was used before I got it.

[IMG]
    From Shotwell Connect
    [/IMG]

[IMG]
    From Shotwell Connect
    [/IMG]
    does the plate say NZ? Or is it U.S ie School house MC Acc.? I take ours apart yearly to inspect and generally clean/repaint. Now has about 40,000 miles on it. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

The original owner told me this one was one of the first to be imported from New Zealand. He bought it in 2003. I haven't kept track of the mileage and I don't know how many he put on it. You would have to pull the body to inspect these welds as they are covered during normal operation. I never gave it much thought until it failed. I'm going to put a heavier plate with better welds to hold it. The original welds are not very substantial.
    Mike White
    R1200CLC

"I can resist everything except temptation"... Oscar Wilde

Smile

I looked at several Uni-Go trailers at the National Rally in TN. The trailer that really caught my attention was made by Bushtec. I found a used Bushtec in OR and rode out on my CLC to purchase it. The only problem is getting a wiring harness that couples the trailer to a BMW. I mounted a rotating/flashing dome light on the trailer and rode back to FL with nary a glance from the law. The trailer tows so well you check often to make sure its still attached. The air suspension eliminates bounce. There is so much more room for gear that I'm thinking of removing my top bag. Ride Safe

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpbump View Post
    I looked at several Uni-Go trailers at the National Rally in TN. The trailer that really caught my attention was made by Bushtec. I found a used Bushtec in OR and rode out on my CLC to purchase it. The only problem is getting a wiring harness that couples the trailer to a BMW. I mounted a rotating/flashing dome light on the trailer and rode back to FL with nary a glance from the law. The trailer tows so well you check often to make sure its still attached. The air suspension eliminates bounce. There is so much more room for gear that I'm thinking of removing my top bag. Ride Safe
    I've never pulled a two wheel but always thought that a Bushtec would be my choice. However, we've navigated a few twists and such with the Uni-Go that I suspect a two wheel rig would find somewhat challenging if at all possible. We've had people come up and remark that they've never seen a hinged motorcycle before. When we marketed them we called it the "Untrailer" (I know, theft from those soft drink folks). Great little trailer.... concept and performance wise but it seems to be a bit difficult to produce with the quality expected for the price. Wish that it had that air suspension though. Daunless Motors was working on that very thing with the Uni-trak for GS market. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA