Thread: Unigo Trailers

Hybrid View

Unigo Trailers

About 10 years a monowheeled bike trailer marketed as a Unigo appeared in North America.

I ran across one last summer but did not get to chat with the rider that was pulling it.

Does anyone here use a Unigo and what are your impressions of it?

Thanks
    Polar Pilot

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    ... just send me a PM unless a 'general discussion' is of interest to anyone else. Currently concerns exist regarding production, availability, quality etc. A wonderful product with some North American growing pains. -Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

I pull a Unigo with my R1200CLC. I've never pulled another kind of trailer so I can't compare it, but the Unigo pulls very easily and the bike handles almost as if it were not attached to a trailer. They are rather expensive and I doubt I would buy one. Mine came with the bike.
    Mike White
    R1200CLC

"I can resist everything except temptation"... Oscar Wilde

A friend of mine has had one for a few months and LOVES it. He and his wife decided after the West Bend rally (their first moto-trip) that they needed the extra space. He had to get it used and painted to match his bike, but he's been very happy with it and so far hasn't noticed any effect on the bike's performance.
    Bikeless for now...but not for much longer!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Unigo trailer question

Quote Originally Posted by txtinman View Post
    I pull a Unigo with my R1200CLC. I've never pulled another kind of trailer so I can't compare it, but the Unigo pulls very easily and the bike handles almost as if it were not attached to a trailer. They are rather expensive and I doubt I would buy one. Mine came with the bike.
    I have an 04 r1200CLC and am considering a Unigo trailer to expand luggage capabilities...My question is in regards to the tariler hitch and wiring arrangement...Do you use the Unigo hitch and wiring and have you had any issues regarding quality of product with either the hitch ar trailer. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ah4321art View Post
    I have an 04 r1200CLC and am considering a Unigo trailer to expand luggage capabilities...My question is in regards to the tariler hitch and wiring arrangement...Do you use the Unigo hitch and wiring and have you had any issues regarding quality of product with either the hitch ar trailer. Thanks
    The first photo is the frame from my Unigo. I pulled the body to repair the point where the tow bar connects. While on a trip to the latest Chicken Rally in Alabama, the welds broke causing the trailer to drag over bumpy ground. Fortunately I was able to get it temporarily fixed. See second photo of temporary welds. I plan to replace the plate welded to the frame.
    I don't pull the trailer very often and have never overloaded it. I don't think I have. I'm not sure how it was used before I got it.

[IMG]
    From Shotwell Connect
    [/IMG]

[IMG]
    From Shotwell Connect
    [/IMG]
    Mike White
    R1200CLC

"I can resist everything except temptation"... Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by txtinman View Post
    The first photo is the frame from my Unigo. I pulled the body to repair the point where the tow bar connects. While on a trip to the latest Chicken Rally in Alabama, the welds broke causing the trailer to drag over bumpy ground. Fortunately I was able to get it temporarily fixed. See second photo of temporary welds. I plan to replace the plate welded to the frame.
    I don't pull the trailer very often and have never overloaded it. I don't think I have. I'm not sure how it was used before I got it.

[IMG]
    From Shotwell Connect
    [/IMG]

[IMG]
    From Shotwell Connect
    [/IMG]
    does the plate say NZ? Or is it U.S ie School house MC Acc.? I take ours apart yearly to inspect and generally clean/repaint. Now has about 40,000 miles on it. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com

sumran
    Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    ... just send me a PM unless a 'general discussion' is of interest to anyone else. Currently concerns exist regarding production, availability, quality etc. A wonderful product with some North American growing pains. -Bob
    It would be of even more interest if it included some pictures and hitch information.

Quote Originally Posted by sumran View Post
    It would be of even more interest if it included some pictures and hitch information.
    http://www.tourunigo.com/

All the details are there
    Polar Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by sumran View Post
    ...it can be done if I just sit my sorry ass down long enough to do this. It really is a wonderful concept in both design and practice. If anyone interested in exploring beyond what we have on site (www.tourunigo.com ). Will work on a Photobucket pictoral. In the meantime the site and resident video can be quite informative. (BTW...Polar Pilot. I didn't forget. Back to you soon with production update as I know it.) -Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com

Another one wheel trailer

I pull a one wheel trailer with my Ultra Classic. It is an N-Line made in Des Moines Iowa. It's quite a bit longer but has about twice the cargo space and about the same weight. Here's a picture of my rig. I have pulled both two wheel and one wheel. The weight is much less with the one wheel, but you have to hold it and the bike up. Not a huge deal to me, but you have to be aware of it. The advantage of the one wheel is it leans and turns with you. I have gone through twisties two up and the trailer down to floorboard scraping and the trailer was no problem. It does get pushed more by the wind than a bike alone. I do not load mine to the full load capacity. I stay around 60 lbs. I went heavier but didn't like the feel. Hope this helps.

Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT

sumran
    Thanks for the link and thanks MLS2GO for the info and picture. I didn't see any pricing on the website. That usually means it is over my budget allotment for motorcycle stuff. Of course I never go over budget on motorcycle stuff.

Very interesting. It is a long way from Florida to Wyoming. One of those might be just the thing for longer trips. Do the come with extra time off from work, so that you can use them more?