Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Shades for the eyes

Right Wing Conspirator Grey_Matter's Avatar
    I have never tried Zook on my shield, I have a fog city installed & it works great. I only use Zook on my glasses & so far it has worked pretty well.
    Euelle: Hey, these blow up into funny shapes at all?
    Old Timer: Well, no. Unless round is funny...

Rounder Number 60

DZIMBRIC

Fog City

Is that the film that is laminated to the shield?:

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    The fog city laminate works really well. the only thing I dont like is the weird light refractions at night, but you get used to them after a while. It WILL NOT FOG if installed properly. I have used one for over a year and it is still holding up fine.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

I've been using Fog City shields for the better part of a decade and swear by them.

And lorazepam is right, proper installation is key to success with them. Make sure your shield is completely clean before you install the FC shield.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Right Wing Conspirator Grey_Matter's Avatar

Fog city install tip

I had trouble lining up the Fog City on my face shield once I had pulled the thin adhesive tape backing off. I ended up with it positioned a little wonky. This is mostly impart to the denseness of the installer not the product.

I bought another Fog City when I replaced the face shield of my Aria Quantum. The next Fog City install went much, much better. I positioned the Fog City with the adhesive tape backing still on & marked the position in a few places with a dry erase pen. Then I pulled the backing off & started from the center & worked my way toward the edges lining up the marks I had made. Once I was finished I wiped off the dry erase marks & the Fog City was positioned perfectly.

I would not doubt if this were in the install directions that came with the Fog City. Then again how would I know, I dont need no stinking directions
    Euelle: Hey, these blow up into funny shapes at all?
    Old Timer: Well, no. Unless round is funny...

Rounder Number 60

dlearl476
    Windex works great for positioning ANY adhesive backed plastic on another plastic surface. (Fog Citys, decals, stickers) I learned this trick when I used to apply 4' long stickers on sailboats.
    Spray the surface, peel the adhesive backing and position whatever on the surface, push down slightly to squeeze the windex out, then carefully let it dry. In the case of decals and stickers, you can use anything soft and straight for a "Squeegee" to get the windex out. (Hold the sticker with one hand and squeegee small bits at a time or the whole thing will move). Once it's gone, the adhesive sticks.

Works great on "Sunblockers", too.

using windex with a fog city wouldn't work. It needs completely clean, dry shield. It traps a pocket of air that works as insulation much like double pane windows. If you had windex on there, the adhesive would not work, and you would trap liquid in the air space if it did.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Originally posted by lorazepam
    using windex with a fog city wouldn't work. It needs completely clean, dry shield. It traps a pocket of air that works as insulation much like double pane windows. If you had windex on there, the adhesive would not work, and you would trap liquid in the air space if it did.
    You say that like it's a bad thing......
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Between flashbacks and the refraction of the fog city at night, I get enough entertainment, without blue liquid sloshing in front of my face.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT