Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Pictures

And they generate that wonderful smell when they're wet.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Don't ever give a dog raw brocolli, it is worse than wet dog smell. Trust me.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    dzimbric, I am quite happy without children, and I will pass on the offer . I once fed a dog I had garlic to help control fleas. I think it was the gas he got that did it. It was nasty.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

My wife's bull terrier, which I lovingly adopted upon our marriage:

Then a stray cat came our way about 6 months ago. She wandered into my wife's workplace and we adopted her immediately. But she seemed lonely so we had to adopt another friend to keep her company.
    Lucibelle is on the right with new addition, the eternally goofy but absolutely delightful and very affectionate PK in the background.

All three are great buddies to us.
    "Don't you know who I am???"

Guzzi
    What a BEAUTIFUL Golden Retriever! And ya can't beat their disposition.

Gotta love them. Here is my 4:45 am alarm clock and early morning guide. Helps me with my morning routine. Baby has graced our lives for the last nine years and we hope many, many more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 R12RT (Blue)
    1986 R80RT (Silver)

Member of the Loonie-Tics. MOA 292.

Originally posted by Guzzi
    What a BEAUTIFUL Golden Retriever! And ya can't beat their disposition.
    She's a gem. We're in the process of choosing a collie to adopt from a rescue organization...hope it turns out as well.

Guzzi

Thumbs up

Yup! That's the only way to do it! Why BUY a dog from some "puppy mill" when ya can rescue one from possibly being put to death?

My best friend has 5 "BIG'uns" that are all adopted, and they're the sweetest guys! Their uncle (that would be ME!) loves 'em dearly! Can't have pets, cuz I live in an apartment.

I salute you for doing a truely decent deed!

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar

Thumbs up

Rescue is the way to go. We boycott stores that sell puppies and frequent stores that have adoption days.

Having said that we did purchase both of our dogs... but they were not from mills/farms. They were from AKC breeders and we purchased the "Non Show Quality" ones. We had been waiting over a year on each of the rescue lists when the litters were born, so we were invited to have first picks.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Our Callie was a 'non-show quality' dog from a breeder as well. Not that we tell her that! We are going through the Minnesota-Wisconsin Collie Rescue organization right now. We just had our home visit yesterday, which is the last step in the process. We're looking at several adult dog possibilities. We've also signed up as foster parents for rescued goldens. Could be quite the menagerie around here before we're done.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    I would love nothing better than to have a big house in the country, with about 6 or 7 big dogs in and out and all around all day. If I had the startup funds, I would love to open a doggie day care, that would be a hoot to do.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

We've been having that conversation. My wife has been 'at home' since getting laid off in the telecom meltdown. We love critters, so we're trying to think how we can parlay that into an income opportunity (albeit maybe a small one). We need more room, as her definition of the right number of dogs is the same as my definition of the right number of bikes...one more than you have. Of course, I agree with her on the dogs.

Guzzi
    The more, the better ! ! !

Originally posted by BradfordBenn
    Rescue is the way to go. We boycott stores that sell puppies and frequent stores that have adoption days.

Having said that we did purchase both of our dogs... but they were not from mills/farms. They were from AKC breeders and we purchased the "Non Show Quality" ones. We had been waiting over a year on each of the rescue lists when the litters were born, so we were invited to have first picks.
    I also boycott stores that sells puppies.... Although I bought my dog from an AKC breeder I admire people that rescue dogs.
    I also would love to have a farm for rescue puppies.... They usually make the best pets..... ....
    I could never work in a "puppy mill"...:..
    1 Debra
    "Leonard"
    93 K 75 RT

" Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave....When We Begin To Deceive "

"Hi Pretty Lady, You Look Good On That Beemer"

Hi I'm new...

here's my two...both rescues (Penninsula Humain Society, and Fairmont animal shelter)...Christy on the left (she's about 13 now, and Tachi on the right (he's about 10).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Swleejr