Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Photo Assignment: Weekend 12/8/07

Quote Originally Posted by MLS2GO View Post
    This is a gazing ball in our front yard. The base is an antique from a long closed Downtown Kansas City MO Department Store Harzfeld's. We have the original ball, but the one you see is a new one. I took the shot hand held looking straight down at the top of the ball on an overcast day. Thanks for playing along.

You evil so and so. There's no way I'd ever have guessed that!
    I didn't even know they existed...shame on you for being so obscure. In future may I please request you stick to indoor decorations, where at least if I can't work out what it is, I can refer to a dulux colour chart and make fun of your paint scheme. Respectfully yours...

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    You evil so and so. There's no way I'd ever have guessed that!
    I didn't even know they existed...shame on you for being so obscura. In future may I please request you stick to indoor decorations, where at least if I can't work out what it is, I can refer to a dulux colour chart and make fun of your paint scheme. Respectfully yours...
    No, THIS is a CAMERA OBSCURA!

or this one

at the clifhouse project in SF. Say we should send Kbase on a mission to photograph this and report back, looks totally kool! talk about getting "in to your work" ! Ha Ha!

RM

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post

at the clifhouse project in SF. Say we should send Kbase on a mission to photograph this and report back, looks totally kool! talk about getting "in to your work" ! Ha Ha!

RM
    Woah. Is this a giant camera obscura?
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

franze
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    Yes, and it works. It's behind what used to be called the Cliff House, or maybe your more familiar with Pronto Pups. OK, near the Sutro Baths, then head down hill towards Seal Rock.
    Last edited by franze; 12-15-2007 at 07:41 PM. Reason: remove last sentence

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    linky one Giant Camera

linky two Clif House Project SF

You should go check it out.

RM

Sl??*inte mhath!
    Quote Originally Posted by franze View Post
    Yes, and it works. It's behind what used to be called the Cliff House, or maybe your more familiar with Pronto Pups. OK, near the Sutro Baths, then head down hill towards Seal Rock.
    Is that near the dog park near Land's End?

franze

Camera Obscura

Quote Originally Posted by sonnata View Post
    Is that near the dog park near Land's End?
    OK, that's pretty close. The road along the ocean by Ocean Beach is called The Great Highway, at the north end it's called Pt. Lobos Ave. The GIANT CAMERA is right where Pt. Lobos avenue takes the hook inland (eastward) at the top of the hill.

Sl??*inte mhath!
    Quote Originally Posted by franze View Post
    OK, that's pretty close. The road along the ocean by Ocean Beach is called The Great Highway, at the north end it's called Pt. Lobos Ave. The GIANT CAMERA is right where Pt. Lobos avenue takes the hook inland (eastward) at the top of the hill.
    Oh, yeah, that is close. I've only been there one time. I thought I recognized one of the rocks with all the bird crap on it. Probably a bunch of those of the coast there.

There's a shot of that camera on Google Earth which someone took from the Cliff House.