sMiling
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Monday morning QB

Quote Originally Posted by MLS2GO View Post
    Why have the center pull left to block the end and leave the halfback on the middle linebacker. Are you setting something else up, or is that a standard play you use to run the ball a lot and you are trying to "influence block" the middle linbacker?
    A photo assignment...and we still have a Monday morning Quarterback!!!!

The Center steps forward to check a blitz by the MLB (mike) and then checks L to help the G, T or blitzing outside LB...and the "H back" is still running a slide pattern!

JEF
    Cincinnati, OH

p.s. should of sent the one of the grandkids cutting "patterns" out of the cookie dough!!

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    If adjustable on your camera, you need to stop down. That is, from f/8 to f/16 for example. If you don't understand these numbers, I'll give it a try. They are fractions. It's actually 1:8.0 or 1/8. Here 1 is the length of your lens and 8 (1/8) is the diameter of your aperture. It would take 8 aperture diameters to equal the length of your lens. Therefore, the larger the number (8, 11, 16, 22) the smaller the aperture and the greater the depth of field. 1/8, 1/11, 1/16, 1/22, etc.

Clear as mud? When school's out I'll actually have time to take some pictures to make all of this less abstract. If you have any questions, don't hesitate. This all seems complicated at first, but is actually easy to master and it fits together like a simple puzzle.
    That makes SO much more sense now!! Larger f-stop, smaller aperture always confused me. I didn't understand it was a fraction and as f-stop increases, the fraction grows smaller, the aperture grows smaller. Go it! Finally! Thanks!
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    Clearly, you are not a cat owner. Mine would devour that in the time it would take to say, Brace yourself for immediate disintegration."
    Once again Tom, very perceptive! No cats, no dogs, no kids, one turtle, spiders, and a few dust bunnies is all

But where's the k-a-b-o-o-m? There's supposed to be an Earth-shattering KABOOM!?!???

Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    Okay, so hold down the shutter release part way, press the AWB button, adjust the focus and depth of field, hold the magi lite in my teeth, adjust the tripod, set the 123 thingy, jiggle the MSAP, switch the AF/MF, re-configure the ISO and MSET while holding the shakey hand thing in the on position...I'm guessing I should put my cup of tea down first.
    Oh man!! You blinked! I think you blinked... yeah... ya blinked man! Now you have to repeat the whole process...!

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by grossjohann View Post
    Cricket, anyone?
    Hmmm, I could bowl a mean ball in my day! Probably one of the longest field games in existance! Just the sort of thing for a warm, lazy summer afternoon.

RM

I say, I do believe we have a sticky wicket there!

HOW TO PLAY CRICKET

Some people find the game of cricket difficult to understand. Perhaps the following will help:

The game is played by two groups.

The first group is in and the second group goes out.

Some of the group which is in, go out.

The group that is out, tries to get the group that is in, out.

When one of the group that is in, is out, he goes in and the next one goes out.

Then when all of the first group (except one) that is in, is out, the second group that is out goes in.

The first group now goes out and tries to get the second group, who now are in, out.

Only when both groups have been in and out twice is there a conclusion.

Now I think this makes perfect sense, but I'm struggling with focal length, depth and apertures, how come?

I shot all week and then found out what the assignment was today...
    While in Vegas this past week we ran into a mob of Brits attending the Hatton-Mayweather fight. It was quite interesting.
    Snapped a pic of this punter at the MGM Grand...
    IMG_0235.JPG

I'm sure this photo would be more balance without the bright light on the right side. I had the urge to crop but resisted. No critique needed.
    IMG_0197.JPG
    Had a great week. I won over $400 at black jack over 3 days. Then at the airport found $15 worth of chips in my pocket. ARggh!..
    dlearl can you cash them in for me? I'll give you $5?
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    HOW TO PLAY CRICKET

Some people find the game of cricket difficult to understand. Perhaps the following will help:

The game is played by two groups.

The first group is in and the second group goes out.

Some of the group which is in, go out.

The group that is out, tries to get the group that is in, out.

When one of the group that is in, is out, he goes in and the next one goes out.

Then when all of the first group (except one) that is in, is out, the second group that is out goes in.

The first group now goes out and tries to get the second group, who now are in, out.

Only when both groups have been in and out twice is there a conclusion.

Now I think this makes perfect sense, but I'm struggling with focal length, depth and apertures, how come?
    you forgot to add that when both groups are out they all go to the Inn for a warm stout or ale.

RM

Quote Originally Posted by Burnszilla View Post
    While in Vegas this past week we ran into a mob of Brits attending the Hatton-Mayweather fight. It was quite interesting.
    Good Burnszilla Sir,

A mob, isn't the normal collective noun for a gathering of Brits. It's usually a "colonisation", or a "administrative middle-class infrastructure" of Brits.

Wait a minute though, Hatton is from Manchester, so a collection of Mancs and boxing fans t'boot. I stand corrected, they probably were a mob. Just be glad they weren't scousers, otherwise you'd not have found those $15 of chips in your pocket, they'd have nicked 'em. Probably had your trousers off you as well.

Seems Hatton got badly outclassed.

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada

modest thread highjack...

.. for which I apologize minimally. Question: Is it possible that we all might meet in Gillette for some photo-ops? I have enjoyed and learned from all and think that a wee gathering might be in order. Of course, Tom pays for no beer. -Bob (tasting ample samplings of his 60 litres of Christmas wine)
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    .. for which I apologize minimally. Question: Is it possible that we all might meet in Gillette for some photo-ops? I have enjoyed and learned from all and think that a wee gathering might be in order. Of course, Tom pays for no beer. -Bob (tasting ample samplings of his 60 litres of Christmas wine)

That sounds like it makes a lot of sense. Perhaps a workshop too?

If I can't make it, I'll send a picture with Hodag.
    Here is my pattern.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    There is usually a forum gathering during the national... just watch the forum postings near rally time

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.