Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Post-Thanksgiving Coast Ride

BFish
    thanks for the pics and report. gorgeous part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    You and anyone on this board would be most welcome, any time. Bakersfield is a major thoroughfare between southern and northern California. I better not hear of anyone passing through without calling. . . .
    I pass through Bakersfield with some regularity. I'll almost certainly be going through to get on CA-178 on the way to and back from the Death Valley Daze at the end of January.

My riding friend Steve and I stayed in Bakersfield a week ago on our way back from TX and NM, just so we could eat at Benji's. (See my ride report in the Gear section -- I was testing out my new Rick Mayer seat!) Still trying to sample all of the Basque restaurants there...
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylRi View Post
    I pass through Bakersfield with some regularity. I'll almost certainly be going through to get on CA-178 on the way to and back from the Death Valley Daze at the end of January.

My riding friend Steve and I stayed in Bakersfield a week ago on our way back from TX and NM, just so we could eat at Benji's. (See my ride report in the Gear section -- I was testing out my new Rick Mayer seat!) Still trying to sample all of the Basque restaurants there...
    Pyranees Cafe is fun; although Woolgrower's is our favorite. Ambience is a bit stiff, but the food is fabulous. BF to DV is a great ride, no matter which way you go. Be happy to join you for a meal if you're looking for company.

As usual Tom, great photos.
    We rode these 'anti gravity' hills on Wednesday and on Sunday on our way to and from LA. I just love the feeling in of weightlessness in my stomach! We also rode Elkhorn Road thru the Carrizo Plain and had a blast!
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    Great question. Nope, they're still there. They're usually only visible in a blank sky at small apertures, say f/11 and beyond. I did process these in iPhoto, but just for cropping, saturation, and contrast. No monkey business.

I mean no offense to monkeys. I like monkeys. Unlike that monkey-hating Lamble.

you're lucky then, I had a gobber the size a small spaceship at ANY aperture, funny but I kept looking for it in the upper right corner of the imager then remembered the image is the resverse (upsidedown) in the imager, and sure enough, there is was in the lower right hand corner!

RM