Thread: DS routes Seattle to Gillette?

Don't forget your towel

DS routes Seattle to Gillette?

I'd like to include some off-pavement time on the way to and from the Rally this summer. Poked around ADV a bit in the GPS forum and didn't find anything...could be the way am searching... so I thought I'd ask here.

Considering I'll be loaded with camping gear, on my R100GSPD and my skills are only "OK" single track is probably not a great idea but some decent fire/logging roads would be great. I have heard rumors of an unpaved road that parallels Highway 12 over Lolo Pass but it's not showing up on my Garmin maps.

Any ideas?
    Steve
    "...your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride" A. Bourdain

Quote Originally Posted by sgborgstrom View Post
    I have heard rumors of an unpaved road that parallels Highway 12 over Lolo Pass but it's not showing up on my Garmin maps.

Any ideas?
    That's the "Lolo motorway". You might also want to look into the "Magruder Road Corridor" between the Bitterroot-Selway and the Frank Church-River of no return Wilderness areas.

Here's a link to a ride report on ADVrider. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182376
    Daren Schultz
    99 R1100R
    07 R1200GS