Thread: Adding a BMW accessory plug to K100: Question on electrical hook up

Adding a BMW accessory plug to K100: Question on electrical hook up

I bought an officiall BMW accessory plug from my dealer and I can't figure out where the spade connectors get plugged into (the instruction sheet is in German and there are no diagrams.)

I'm assuming it plugs into the box under the tank. Please don't tell me I have to remove the tank...it's an RT I'm hooking this into and the thought of taking off all the plastic give me the willys.

Has anyone added this accessory and and you tell me where they plug into?

Please be as specific as you can as I'm an idiot.

What do you intend to plug in? If you're considering heated clothing, just skip the too small BMW wiring and connect direct to the battery with 12 ga. wire. Be sure to fuse the positive side. Also the center of the socket/plug is the positive.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

Ohhhh....I'm soooooo close to cheese out that way. Connecting it to the battery would be too easy and not a clean installation.

I have to connect 2 wires....a brown & a red/white.

I found the connector for the brown but the red/white is still hiding.

The red/white wire has a weird clip to it....it almost looks like it has a set of little jaws the slip onto something (man, could I get more vague?)

Any clues???

Blocking the slow lane
    Originally posted by gsmetal
    I have to connect 2 wires....a brown & a red/white.

I found the connector for the brown but the red/white is still hiding.

The red/white wire has a weird clip to it....it almost looks like it has a set of little jaws the slip onto something (man, could I get more vague?)

Any clues???
    Yeah, it plugs into the fuse area of the relay box from the inside. You have to thread the wire into the box from the front (raise the gas tank......I think there is a rubber grommet where all the wires pass thru), then pick the correct available spot in the fuse panel. Your owners manual should give you the correct location in the fuse area, since I think the plastic cover only has German text.
    Jon Diaz
    BMW K75/K12GT
    BMWMOA Ambassador

Originally posted by Bobmws
    What do you intend to plug in? If you're considering heated clothing, just skip the too small BMW wiring and connect direct to the battery with 12 ga. wire. Be sure to fuse the positive side. Also the center of the socket/plug is the positive.
    Hi Bob!
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.