Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    From Jack on the LT forum: Anyone else interested is welcome. If you're interested we can meet around 10am at the intersection of I-94 and HWY 20 in Racine County.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike1100 View Post
    I may be able to get out next weekend - you thinkin' Saturday or Sunday?
    Sat would be best - I see others have some routes planned - not sure yet where to go - leaning against Racine because I grew up in that area and would rather forget

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Quote Originally Posted by uncutshirt View Post
    Sat would be best - I see others have some routes planned - not sure yet where to go - leaning against Racine because I grew up in that area and would rather forget
    I have been everywhere else around IL. Ready to try WI as it is close by for me.

ghostridery2k
    ``````````````````
    Last edited by ghostridery2k; 09-30-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostridery2k View Post
    Ok, saturday ride:
    meeteng spot----> corner beakery 8:00am kickstands up at 8:30
    route---->rt72 west to rt2 south to rt64 west to rt84 north to 20 west to Ia rt 52 to Ia rt y9c to Wi rt 60 east to Wi rt 14 east to I-90 east.

this is a full day ride.~450 miles.
    Can we shave off some miles by going rt 18 instead 60 or is the route worth it? I want to enjot the scenery too and take my time
    Either way - be there at 8am.

ghostridery2k
    ``````````````````

ghostridery2k
    `
    `

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Had a rough start to Sat as my Rt lost the clutch cable about 8 miles and 20 lights from my Harley but I made it and enjoyed a nice ride around SE WI. At least the Harley is a great back up! And mine is quiet and fast.
    Sh i t t y seat,

e.g. ring tour of Iceland for two weeks.
    Planned, but that is something I'd want to do solo. The experience of going solo vs in a group is totally different, and for me, far more satisfying.

BTW, the ring road (paved) tour would be boring as all the interesting roads and sights are inland as well, but gravel. When I go, it'll be for four weeks. Its an out of the way place to go to not see it all.

What we are missing is the local and practical expertise that an experienced tour operator can provide but with all things being equal, I would prefer to learn with friends rather than from a tour company.
    All you need is some very good maps and a good imagination. Then do some digging on the internet. Having it all laid out by an over-priced tour company takes all the fun and adventure out of the tour.

Weekend Ride - Take 2 September 5-7

As another riding season draws to a close - probably with Martin in the lead for miles ridden since January - I only have 7000 under my belt this season... This was in ON. Sounds like fun and it's a beautiful ride thru the Kettle Moraine region to get there!

Anyone from the Chicago Riders interested in going? (If you don't you'll be looking back in January regretting that you didn't say yes.....)

WI September 5 - 7, 2008
    38th Annual Wisconsin Dells Rally
    Wisconsin BMW Motorcycle Club #10
    Join us for a weekend of fun in scenic Wisconsin Dells at Chula Vista Resort. ThereÔÇÖs great sightseeing (www.wisdells.com) while exploring some of the best motorcycle roads in Wisconsin. Included with your rally fee is FREE entrance to the indoor and outdoor water parks with 26 waterslides, Friday night soup, 2 nights live music, organized rides, door prizes, seminars, tech sessions, vendors, non-motorized field events and round the clock free coffee/tea/soda. Our Saturday night indoor sit down dinner is also included. Lots of camping space, wooded and grassy: now reseeded for 2008! If camping isnÔÇÖt your style, book your on-site first class hotel accommodations or condos directly with Chula Vista (800) 388-4782 (www.chulavistaresort.com). Mention the Dells Rally to receive special rates. GPS: N 43 39.761 W 089 46.970. Adult pre-registration is $35.00 (form on our website); $45.00 at the gate. Children pre-registration 6-15 is $24.00; $28.00 at the gate. Electric with fee for a very limited number of RVÔÇÖs. This is a great family rally. Rally pin and mug to the first 800. Info at: www.wiscbmwclub.com or call Bob (414) 321-3212.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer01 View Post
    As another riding season draws to a close - probably with Martin in the lead for miles ridden since January - I only have 7000 under my belt this season... This was in ON. Sounds like fun and it's a beautiful ride thru the Kettle Moraine region to get there!

Anyone from the Chicago Riders interested in going? (If you don't you'll be looking back in January regretting that you didn't say yes.....)
    Hey Brian,
    Heck yeah I'm going. Got the room reservation and sent in my form w/check a few weeks ago. Last year was a blast. Let me know how your schedule looks. There is a remote chance my boss might drop a "let's go to Boston" business trip on me last minute but it's like I said, remote.

Great -

Hows about the rest of the crew? (Winter is coming........)

ghostridery2k
    ```````````````

No way Marcin!
    Cool!

PM me.

I'm camping -

How about the rest of you?