Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

I might be in

I hope it's not cold in the UP, and when crossing the Mackinaw bridge with the cold winds. I am working on the heated vest, to assist me in cold weather ride.

I live in Gurnee, and work in around Buckley Road and Waukegan Rd (Rt 43), few miles north of Lake Forest.

The only problem with option 2 that I see is riding along with the truckers on the tight spot of 80/94.

Quote Originally Posted by Montauk View Post
    I hope it's not cold in the UP, and when crossing the Mackinaw bridge with the cold winds. I am working on the heated vest, to assist me in cold weather ride.

I live in Gurnee, and work in around Buckley Road and Waukegan Rd (Rt 43), few miles north of Lake Forest.

The only problem with option 2 that I see is riding along with the truckers on the tight spot of 80/94.
    For options 1 -3, good discussion to have at wherever we meet in Jan. Hope to see you there.

The bridge has me a little worried - I heard its unnerving. Ditto on the heated vest.

- curt

Heated gear

With a heated vest, heated grips and several chemical handwarmers to slip into your boots, we're good to ride down to 28 degrees.

Or so I discovered a few weeks ago!

The scenery up the Eastern shore and Door County are both great - can't wait to see the Northern coast.
    Last edited by Beemer01; 12-14-2007 at 12:48 PM.

I was also thinking

that the UP area generally colder than Chicago any given time, perhaps we come to it in June; but we utilize the early May to go either towards southern IL to Shawnee Forest.

Just another option if we need to balance weather with our riding desire.

Memorial Day long weekend, CRBMW hosts a ride to La Crosse, WI.

BTW, MotoWorks in Chicago is giving away 10% discount on Gerbing gear. It seem like I'll be opting to take the advantage and buying myself a vest and socks. I like the pant liners but have not heard too much positive response, as the wires get pretty hot near the knee area. My bike does not provide any kind of shield to air striking my legs. Dang.

Mackinaw bridge.

I believe if one rides this bridge, he can easily conquer any bridge in North America!

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I am interested but work gets in the way of lots of things.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Quote Originally Posted by Montauk View Post
    that the UP area generally colder than Chicago any given time, perhaps we come to it in June; but we utilize the early May to go either towards southern IL to Shawnee Forest.

Just another option if we need to balance weather with our riding desire.

Memorial Day long weekend, CRBMW hosts a ride to La Crosse, WI.

BTW, MotoWorks in Chicago is giving away 10% discount on Gerbing gear. It seem like I'll be opting to take the advantage and buying myself a vest and socks. I like the pant liners but have not heard too much positive response, as the wires get pretty hot near the knee area. My bike does not provide any kind of shield to air striking my legs. Dang.
    I'm open - as long as we agree and ride. Rationally, it makes sense to do a northern ride later and head south earlier in the year. But riding a motorcycle is my escape from reason

I never considered the pant liners - I picked up schoeller thermals undies http://www.schoeller-textiles.com/de...nID=8&langID=2 at the rally this year. Just amazing - never too hot or cold - I can vouch down to upper 30's. My wife just blurted out that she is getting me a Gerbing liner for xmas - I can't wait!

`````
    Last edited by ghostridery2k; 09-30-2008 at 11:35 PM.
    www.lakecountymotorcycletowing.com

-2011 G650GS,2006 K1200R,1987 K75S,2002 Aprilia Falco,2005 Kawasaki Z750S,2005 Triumph tiger 955i,

Good Idea

Southern Illinois gets Spring probably a month before Chicago!

I'm still taking the heated gear, though!

I was reserching heated gear and i think i my case i will get gloves and vest.
    Are you guys plan to meet somware in chicago aera to make plans and talk about the trip?Im up for if.

-2011 G650GS,2006 K1200R,1987 K75S,2002 Aprilia Falco,2005 Kawasaki Z750S,2005 Triumph tiger 955i,

Happy Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by ghostridery2k View Post
    I was reserching heated gear and i think i my case i will get gloves and vest.
    Are you guys plan to meet somware in chicago aera to make plans and talk about the trip?Im up for if.

Hey all,

I've been trading emails and we have a time and date to meet and plan out a trip or two.

Who can make a meeting on 1/09 (wed) in Lake Bluff? Beemer01 suggested we meet at 6pm at:

Mccormick's Restaurant & Lounge
    5 N Skokie Hwy, Lake Bluff, IL 60044-1764, United States

I know its a bit far north for some but we can trade off on locations over time.

Happy Holidays

~ curt

I'm in - (Obviously!)

Look forward to seeing Uncut and Ghostrider and others there. I'll be the one riding up on the K100RS. Well, perhaps not.

Anyhow, I'll be the 53 year young guy in the bar area with some maps.

I may be able to make it.

Although it's 1.5 wks away, I think I should be able to make at the suggested location.

````
    Last edited by ghostridery2k; 09-30-2008 at 11:34 PM.

I probably will not make any of the runs but I may stop up for some face time.

Cool.