Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1123

Thread: Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

  1. #1066
    LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Buffalo Grove IL
    Posts
    751
    I will ride with this group as it's close and I have met quite a few last year and this.
    http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-dual-s...ents/16962283/

  2. #1067
    Supporting our Vets jers99lt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warrenville, IL
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    I will ride with this group as it's close and I have met quite a few last year and this.
    http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-dual-s...ents/16962283/
    Much closer to you, Steve. Especially being on a tight schedule. I'm going, since I got clearance, to ride the backroads of Kane county leaving between 9-10:00. Should be great riding weather Sunday. Wish I had more time to take a full day ride.

    Have fun,
    Jer
    Jerry Palma
    99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 4); 85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'; 04 525i Orient Blue metallic; 09 328i Silver Convertable
    I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!

  3. #1068
    LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Buffalo Grove IL
    Posts
    751
    5 riders and what a sweet day to ride!

  4. #1069
    Supporting our Vets jers99lt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warrenville, IL
    Posts
    119

    I'm done waiting around...

    Quote Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    5 riders and what a sweet day to ride!
    I should have joined you! No one showed, but had a great ride. Awesome day, huh?

    Jer
    Jerry Palma
    99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 4); 85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'; 04 525i Orient Blue metallic; 09 328i Silver Convertable
    I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!

  5. #1070
    ALBRECHTTOM
    Guest

    Question Tell me more

    Quote Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    5 riders and what a sweet day to ride!
    I'd like to know more about people's riding style before I show up for a new group ride.

    Typically, I ride with mama on the back and I'm pretty conservative -- 5 or 10 above the limit, and no off roading yet. We like 2 lanes and back roads and few four lanes. Though we were on Rte 41 heading home from WI yesterday at about +10mph when I could see a beemer coming up on my 6. He kept weaving and advancing 'till he passed me and I was surprised to see this guy on a new RT with nothing on his head but a ball cap. I would not want to ride with him.

  6. #1071
    LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Buffalo Grove IL
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerider View Post
    I'd like to know more about people's riding style before I show up for a new group ride.

    Typically, I ride with mama on the back and I'm pretty conservative -- 5 or 10 above the limit, and no off roading yet. We like 2 lanes and back roads and few four lanes. Though we were on Rte 41 heading home from WI yesterday at about +10mph when I could see a beemer coming up on my 6. He kept weaving and advancing 'till he passed me and I was surprised to see this guy on a new RT with nothing on his head but a ball cap. I would not want to ride with him.
    We are all very safe riders and you and your SO would have a great time!

  7. #1072
    Registered User Beemer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, Ill
    Posts
    1,023

    +1

    We are ATGATT, and we let Martin set the pace. We eventually catch up to him - if we can find him.

  8. #1073
    LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Buffalo Grove IL
    Posts
    751
    Martin or Marcin?

  9. #1074
    Cage Rattler wezul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, IL
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer01 View Post
    We are ATGATT, and we let Martin set the pace. We eventually catch up to him - if we can find him.


    I don't know Bryan, you have that GT now . . . .

  10. #1075
    Registered User Beemer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, Ill
    Posts
    1,023

    Yep. And in our local Arms race..

    Marcin is now riding that Yellow K1200R, or RS.

    I'll always be looking at the back of his bikes.

  11. #1076
    LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Buffalo Grove IL
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer01 View Post
    Marcin is now riding that Yellow K1200R, or RS.

    I'll always be looking at the back of his bikes.
    Need to get him in the turns.......

  12. #1077
    ghostridery2k
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    Need to get him in the turns.......
    Are you trying to challenge me with the RT?

    To be fear I take you up on it with my Tiger.

  13. #1078
    LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Buffalo Grove IL
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostridery2k View Post
    Are you trying to challenge me with the RT?

    To be fear I take you up on it with my Tiger.
    It's on!





  14. #1079
    ghostridery2k
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerider View Post
    I'd like to know more about people's riding style before I show up for a new group ride.

    Typically, I ride with mama on the back and I'm pretty conservative -- 5 or 10 above the limit, and no off roading yet. We like 2 lanes and back roads and few four lanes. Though we were on Rte 41 heading home from WI yesterday at about +10mph when I could see a beemer coming up on my 6. He kept weaving and advancing 'till he passed me and I was surprised to see this guy on a new RT with nothing on his head but a ball cap. I would not want to ride with him.
    This must be Stevo

  15. #1080
    LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Buffalo Grove IL
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostridery2k View Post
    This must be Stevo
    Really? Really! I always keep the bean covered...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •