Guy, I think I may be out of commission. I am seeing Orthopedic surgeon to provide prognosis on the loose knee. I am in the process of getting separate opinions.
Why now, why not in winter.
The older I get, the Faster I was .......and the less I remember...........What?
Lets regroup - what kind of group would we be if we let one missed ride let it all fall apart. Granted, physically we are falling apart Lets consider the 5/02 ride off and reschedule
A new approach:
- Lets lay out a series of events and/or times to ride.
- We then get together on the forum the day before every week every scheduled ride and do a roll call.
- People committ then we ride. If not - there is next week.
Sound like a plan?
Any volunteers to put together a calender online? I know that I want to do the ride that Bik put together and the RA rally in June (I think). Personally, I have two off-road events (one in June and one in July) that I have paid for and committed. I know Martin is planning on Deal's Gap. Lets get those events up there and see who can come when and for what...
Rock on ~ Curt
How about moving the Quincy ride to the weekend of June 13-15? Just a proposal.
I think I'm nearing to wear just tension band around the knee on a regular basis till it gets fixed. After I saw the doc last week, he had to pull the knew few times to measure how loose, I think that kinda aggravated it a bit too.
Hoping that I could put some sort of high tension or a brace until then and ride the bike.
I am actively going to check out the rides, but will decide last minute whether to go or not, hence, I cannot as yet commit on a future date.
Sorry to hear the ride fell apart - My plan B is to join my ABATE buddies for a Saturday ride to Springfield, party, spend the nite in a hotel. Sunday AM is the "Freedom Rally", then ride back
I thought you were off for Arkansas!
Last edited by ghostridery2k; 09-30-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Turns out this weekend would have been a very bad weather situation. Rain was so bad down South that I pulled my vehicle off the road to let it ease - did see some drenched and miserable motorcyclists too.
Arkansas saw some pretty serious weather too.
Live to ride again.
We were shooting for Monroe but made it just to Janesville.
Yes, we were right to abort the weather south and west was just too spooky. I don't like hail, lightning or ice.
Hey, not too early to say "Say ya to da GR3, eh"? Weekend of the 16th, Soldiers Grove, Wi.
On the 14th I leave for Ontario's Quetico Wilderness area - on my bike. I'm packed and ready to leave - including my kevlar paddle. Gear, clothing and food for ten days in the panniers, top box and a portage pack strapped pillion.
I'll be riding 550 miles up and taking a canoe out for a ten day 110 mile loop ... returning on the 27th.
Should make for an interesting 'dual-sport' ride report.