Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

ghostridery2k
    ```
    Last edited by ghostridery2k; 09-30-2008 at 11:34 PM.

McCormick's Restaurant & Lounge, Lake Bluff

Martin,

Here's the link to McCormick's Restaurant with map, address, and a phone number.

I used the "hybrid", and got close up, and it's not easy to access. Looks like the entrance is from Rt. 176 through Shagbark Road, or if you come from Rt. 41, then enter into Washington Avenue, which turns into Shagbark Road.

Well, I went directly to maps.google.com, and it shows on the east side of Rt 41 versus the west side. Now, I'm more confused - one address but two different ways to map it
    Last edited by Montauk; 12-27-2007 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    I probably will not make any of the runs but I may stop up for some face time.

Cool.
    I hope you can make it - I owe you a beer or two

ghostridery2k
    ```
    Last edited by ghostridery2k; 09-30-2008 at 11:34 PM.

McCormicks -

McCormicks is a nothing special joint that has been there since 41 was an Indian trail. Across from Knauz BMW et al just off 176. There is a nursery (plants) in season... just behind that.

January 9th - I will not be riding,,, the K is undergoing a transmission swith ectomy,so is in many pieces.

ghostridery2k
    [```
    Last edited by ghostridery2k; 09-30-2008 at 11:35 PM.

When this forum got started, this is really what we hoped would come out of it - riders meeting other riders and getting together.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

K Bike Maintenance

Ghostrider - I do my own work, though thus far nothing too difficult.

The current project is taking longer than expected due to the fact that I'm attempting to remove bolts that haven't seen the light of day in 25 years - and seemingly would prefer to stay in place.

BMWRA RAlly in Upper Peninsula

I just stumpled upon this BMW RA UP Rally, which is in June 19 -22, 2008. I would like to find out more, but it could be more than I wanna ride. Anyhoo, I saw this and wanted to share with the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Montauk View Post
    I just stumpled upon this BMW RA UP Rally, which is in June 19 -22, 2008. I would like to find out more, but it could be more than I wanna ride. Anyhoo, I saw this and wanted to share with the group.
    This may work out - a couple days at the rally plus a ring around the lake. Some others were thinking of doing a different ride down south instead of up North earlier in the year as we had initially proposed.

Please join in on the 9th and we can put together an early itinerary.

BMW RA & Lake Ride

HTML Code:
    This may work out - a couple days at the rally plus a ring around the lake.
    I rode solo around Superior & Lake Michigan last September (7 days, 3,000 miles). I found few writups on the trip although many have made the route. I traveled every peninsula except for Copper so I may try to catch the RA just so I can check that one off to. I'm already planning a 10 day Gillette trip so the RA trip will be short. If you Chicago area riders want a ride along the river down here, I'm game. You're meeting place is to far north for me. I wrote up my lake trip and can share if interested.
    R1200RT '07, F650CS '03 & Suzuki Bergman '03
    R1150RT 2004 & K75RT 1993 Sold

"It's all about the journey, make the best of the road you find yourself on."

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRT View Post
    HTML Code:
    This may work out - a couple days at the rally plus a ring around the lake.
    I rode solo around Superior & Lake Michigan last September (7 days, 3,000 miles). I found few writups on the trip although many have made the route. I traveled every peninsula except for Copper so I may try to catch the RA just so I can check that one off to. I'm already planning a 10 day Gillette trip so the RA trip will be short. If you Chicago area riders want a ride along the river down here, I'm game. You're meeting place is to far north for me. I wrote up my lake trip and can share if interested.

You're welcome to join in + we probably will head down south sometime during the year.
    - curt

ghostridery2k
    ````
    Last edited by ghostridery2k; 09-30-2008 at 11:33 PM.

Trip report

Silver - We'd love to read it - please provide link.

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Quote Originally Posted by Montauk View Post
    I may ride this one. If Wezul will give me a ride to the meeting on Wed. I will be able to meet all who show.