Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1123

Thread: Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

  1. #16
    Registered User Beemer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, Ill
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by uncutshirt View Post
    Love to see it

    which model bike?

    1985 K100RS. Madison Silver.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #17
    ghostridery2k
    Guest
    ``
    `1
    Last edited by ghostridery2k; 09-30-2008 at 11:36 PM.

  3. #18
    Registered User uncutshirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostridery2k View Post
    im in.i live in chicago north burbs and love to see it thappen.
    just a idea>>>TOYS FOR TOTS ride,anybody up for it?
    ride safe,martin

    -------------------------------------------
    84 CZ 350 (where all this started)
    87 K75s (under construction)
    05 Kawasaki Z750s
    03 Yamaha R1
    I'm game - details?

  4. #19
    Registered User uncutshirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer01 View Post
    1985 K100RS. Madison Silver.
    Very nice
    How many miles?

  5. #20
    Registered User uncutshirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    213

    Ring around the Lake

    Quote Originally Posted by uncutshirt View Post
    Very nice
    How many miles?
    So - I was talking to a friend at work and he had an idea that he has been tossing around with his riding buddies - Ring Tour around Lake Michigian.

    It has crossed my mind before but never seemed to find the time. Plus - North of Green Bay on the West and North of Traverse City are an unknown to me.

    So what you think: An easy introductory ride.
    After that - backcountry roads to Alaska???

    First ride on April 11, 12, and 13th
    Ride around Lake Michigian:
    http://www.great-lakes.net/tourism/circletour/michigan/
    Depending on who wants to come - we can either camp or hotel. I'd personally
    If others want - we can work in a theme: Geocaching, etc... ??
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #21
    larrydk
    Guest

    weather

    I'd like to do it, but I'll be the first wimp to be worried about the weather that time of year, going north.

  7. #22
    Registered User Beemer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, Ill
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by uncutshirt View Post
    Very nice
    How many miles?
    28,000 when purchased, about 30,000 before today's ride. The restoration was extensive - and my wife would say excessive. Nonetheless - as of this year - a nice Vintage ride.

  8. #23
    Registered User Beemer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, Ill
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by uncutshirt View Post
    So - I was talking to a friend at work and he had an idea that he has been tossing around with his riding buddies - Ring Tour around Lake Michigian.

    It has crossed my mind before but never seemed to find the time. Plus - North of Green Bay on the West and North of Traverse City are an unknown to me.

    So what you think: An easy introductory ride.
    After that - backcountry roads to Alaska???

    First ride on April 11, 12, and 13th
    Ride around Lake Michigian:
    http://www.great-lakes.net/tourism/circletour/michigan/
    Depending on who wants to come - we can either camp or hotel. I'd personally
    If others want - we can work in a theme: Geocaching, etc... ??
    That early in April can give you snow on the Northern edge of that loop. However, since we're talking a weekend ride, I'd absolutely be game. Keep us posted.

  9. #24
    Registered User uncutshirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    213

    How about May?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer01 View Post
    That early in April can give you snow on the Northern edge of that loop. However, since we're talking a weekend ride, I'd absolutely be game. Keep us posted.
    Snow is definetly a minus
    May 2,3, and 4th? Plus makes camping more of an option
    Does this date work for ohers?

  10. #25
    Registered User Beemer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, Ill
    Posts
    1,006

    Works for me -

    BTW, just came back from a ride that this club should consider as a annual ride - out to Starved Rock State Park - following the Illinois River from the East. Wow - this is a nice jaunt!

    Early May will be fine, so long as everyone has electric vests and grips, fresh oil and good tires!

  11. #26
    Registered User uncutshirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer01 View Post
    BTW, just came back from a ride that this club should consider as a annual ride - out to Starved Rock State Park - following the Illinois River from the East. Wow - this is a nice jaunt!

    Early May will be fine, so long as everyone has electric vests and grips, fresh oil and good tires!
    Small world - Starved Rock is just a 1/2 hr south of me. Great Hiking - It would be great ride; I have been meaning to ride out that way but since its so close then I typically head up to WI or MI instead.

    May it is for the Ring around Lake Michigian. Should be fun! Plus if you just came back from Starved Rock - its below freezing this weekend - you'll be fine in May.

    Anyone else in? Its months away so there is plenty of time to set aside a long weekend in May.

  12. #27
    ghostridery2k
    Guest

    toys for tots motorcycle parade

    ```
    Last edited by ghostridery2k; 09-30-2008 at 11:36 PM.

  13. #28
    Registered User Beemer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, Ill
    Posts
    1,006

    Toys for Tots -

    Yep I'll join - it'll be good to have a few Beemer riders together. This assumes we don't have snow that weekend.

  14. #29
    Registered User uncutshirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostridery2k View Post
    toys for tots parade. Dec.2.07.all info here>>>>>>>>>>>>http://chicagolandtft.org/mainevent.htm
    i try to find other riders from north chicago burbs to join.try to find easy place to meat and ride to the city.
    if anybody interested let me know.
    ride safe,martin
    -------------------------------------------
    84 CZ 350 (where all this started)
    87 K75s (under construction)
    05 Kawasaki Z750s
    03 Yamaha R1
    Good God!!! a 6am start -- on a Sunday!
    I'm in

  15. #30
    Registered User uncutshirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer01 View Post
    It'll have to depend on where the people work I guess for a weeknight. I live North, but am in Downtown Chicago a few days a week.



    The 'celebrity' would be coming up from Indianapolis, so would probably not join in the planning meeting.
    I work in Northbrook - not too far from Lake Forest. I'm sure we can arrange for something in Jan.

    - curt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •