Thread: Well, I did it

Rideoften

Well, I did it

I just bought a new (to me) 05 R1200ST with 4.5k miles on it. I'm selling my 95 R1100RSL. The ST is a blast. It came with a full Remus exhaust and hard bags and top case. To me, this is the evolution of the R1100RS. It's quick and light. I'd have to say the best thing about this bike is the engine. It pulls hard and revs quickly. The lighting, although ugly, is first class. We're just now getting into our riding season here in Florida so, I'm going to go do some miles.

Ride Safe
    Rideoften
    MB
    05 R1200ST
    95 R1100RSL
    02 MINI Cooper "S"
    05 Mercedes C230 Kompressor
    BMWMOA # 16251

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Congrats on the "upgrade." Take some pictures of your journeys and share the ride with those in the soon to be

Snow Belt!
    Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft FredRydr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb921 View Post
    I just bought a new (to me) 05 R1200ST.... The lighting, although ugly, is first class.
    I disagree. I think it is very cool. But then, I've liked Saabs, so what the masses think is ugly, is cool.

Fred
    '07 R1200R

From the very start I thought the ST got a bad rap. For me, itÔÇÖs a lot like the restyling of the 3 series. At first, I can't get behind the changes, then with time, they start to look better, and by the time the next change is out, I've accepted its predecessor.

I like BMW motorcycles for the form follows function approach BMW takes.
    '07 R12R Black
    '99 R1100SA Black
    '93 SS900 Red

Mike, congrats!!!!

I got my ST new in 05...never looked back....AWESOME BIKE!!!!!!! Best BMW I've owned and I've been on em 30 years...since I was 17.

I use mine to commute (everyday), tour, strafe the canyons, EVERYTHING. She's even not to bad on the dirt roads. Mine's bone stock except for the MV bar risers and a Cee Bailey sheild I use only in the winter.

I do hate the seat though. I've discovered by putting the front seat adjustment in the high postion and the rear adjustment in the low postion I can make it more level. An upgrade is in the works.

Change the bulbs to "SilverStars" about 25 bucks for two at Pepboys and an already outstanding headlight goes to laser like.

A Remus is my next upgrade and maybe a power commander, don't know why as I get in enough trouble already.

Enjoy..feel free to PM me about the ST.

Rog

Congratulations on the ST, I'm on my second one (wrecked the first) and I think they are
    outstanding bikes. Check over on the Sporttouring site, in the Motorcycle talk section, there is a registry of ST owners. I've never heard anyone complain about their bike.

Ride safe,

Peter X

sfdave
    Congrats on the ST. I helped my ex purchase one in 05 and at first thought it be a bit strange looking - but after awhile I kept admiring its looks. (she got blue / silver, which was a bit hard to get). And boy does it move...

Of course I think a GS is beautiful

Rideoften

St

Somehow I managed to log about 500 miles this week (it's a work week) and I like this bike more every time I climb on board. I'm still playing with the rear suspension. My R1100RS had Ohlins and I don't think any amount of adjusting is going to make the ST feel like that, but I have to say, this bike is impressive. I'm going to change the oil this weekend and finish fine tuning the ergo's. Life is good, let's go for a ride.

Ride Safe
    Rideoften
    MB
    05 R1200ST
    95 R1100RSL
    02 MINI Cooper "S"
    05 Mercedes C230 Kompressor
    BMWMOA # 16251

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Excellent bike!!!!

Jim