View Poll Results: 2008 Gillette National - Attending, not attending, not sure?

Voters
365. You may not vote on this poll
  • Attending

195 53.42%
  • Not Attending

88 24.11%
  • Not sure yet.....

82 22.47%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Gillette National - attending or not?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by osceola View Post
    It should be a rule to attend any MOA National that is within a days ride. It's only 6 hours or so for me. Wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm still kicking myself for not going to the National when it was held in Durango, CO in 1994?
    Thanks Osc! now I feel far less bad for clicking on the Not Attending.

West Bend was completely awesome, and Lima in 2005 was pretty great. I only missed Vermont in 2006 due to mechanical failure enroute (spent the weekend in Toronto so it was not a Total Loss).

So I've been thinking I would just go to all of them from here on out. But Gillette is a two day ride from Chicago. It is just too far.

I love Wyoming and would go in a heartbeat if I could get more vacation days off, but alas, I can't blow that much of my time-off wad for one event.

(Although as a flat-lander it would be much more attractive to me if the rally was actually IN the mountains.)

I also love the camping at the rallies, so the inflated motel rate issue is not a problem for me.
    2007 Buell Ulysses
    1982 R100RT sold
    ABC# 7739
    BMWMOA# 119030 Car free since 1990

Not fom Montana

Quote Originally Posted by tonymarshall View Post
    Am from Polson (NW Montana). Any other NW Montanan's headed to Gillette?

Tony Marshall
    Polson, MT
    I'm not from the Big Sky state, but it is a good bet there will be another Marshall attending.

Bob Marshall

Angry 08 Rally

I was in and now I'm not ,my vacation was cancelled for the time needed to attend. Still hoping and crying to get it reinstated
    http://www.oregondualsportrentalandadventures.com

Keep it upright and out of the ditch

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid_Roy View Post
    I had fun at WB even though I missed Camp Beers. That matter will be rectified if I am able to make Gillette.
    Camp Gears and the Fairgrounds respectfully request the return of our sheep from Camp Beers.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

I hope to attend. I'm still in debate over hoteling it or camping. The cost of hotel rooms are steering me towards camping because it will be cheaper. Also, I hope to ride out with a couple other riders from the Maryland area. This will be my first long distance trip of this caliber and I'm excited about it. It will also be a birthday present to myself.

I'm finally going.
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

A possible maybe

I did the Sherpa camping at West Bend and hope to do it again in Gillette. Still up in the air about my schedule.
    Dave Swift
    '04 R1150GSA '07 R1200RT
    Read about our ride in the Pyrenees at http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blo...ve/1/tpod.html

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Camp Gears and the Fairgrounds respectfully request the return of our sheep from Camp Beers.
    Sheep, you say? *said Roy, wondering what exactly he had missed, and if maybe he should be grateful he did*
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

RIDERR1150GSADV

Thumbs up

I am riding the CDT and hope to make a side trip to the National...

HODAG

how about we give you bradford?

Attenting

I am attending - six in a row.
    Bernie Echt
    Jacksonville, FL
    2007 R1200RT Double Silver, 2000 R11RT sold (103K)
    MOA#92589, BMWNEF, BMW Outriders, BMW-RA, AMA

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid_Roy View Post
    Sheep, you say? *said Roy, wondering what exactly he had missed, and if maybe he should be grateful he did*
    Mostly kidnapping and extortion were all you missed! But she ought to be right at home in Gillette. Not too far from Gillette, south of Buffalo, riding through Crazy Woman Canyon Voni and I came up behind a herd of a few hundred sheep, being herded by several guys on horseback. One of them said, "Just ride slowly through them, and whatever you do don't honk your horn or we'll be chasing them in the hills all night." So I proceeded straight through the herd at slow speed. In the middle I thought about honking the horn, but then remembered the rifles in the riders' scabbards and thought better of the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_B57 View Post
    I was in and now I'm not ,my vacation was cancelled for the time needed to attend. Still hoping and crying to get it reinstated
    Keep crying, and maybe you'll be so sick.....you can take sick leave

Seriously, hope it works out, and we see you in Gillette!
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

Mostly kidnapping and extortion were all you missed! But she ought to be right at home in Gillette. Not too far from Gillette, south of Buffalo, riding through Crazy Woman Canyon Voni and I came up behind a herd of a few hundred sheep, being herded by several guys on horseback. One of them said, "Just ride slowly through them, and whatever you do don't honk your horn or we'll be chasing them in the hills all night." So I proceeded straight through the herd at slow speed. In the middle I thought about honking the horn, but then remembered the rifles in the riders' scabbards and thought better of the idea.
    I had cows near Ten Sleep. We had to stop though.

Kidnapping and extortion? I thought I was bad to the bone for gettin' yelled at for making noise at 12:45 a.m.. I have got nothing on those guys. ( Is that the sheep? She is rather pretty.)
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

I had planed on going, but the WA State Guzzi campout at Randle is the same weekend. Weekend in the forest near Mt St Helens vs weekend in Gillette. Where is the 09 BMW Rally going to be????? Maybe I go to that one.
    Too damn many bikes to list