View Poll Results: 2008 Gillette National - Attending, not attending, not sure?

Voters
365. You may not vote on this poll
  • Attending

195 53.42%
  • Not Attending

88 24.11%
  • Not sure yet.....

82 22.47%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Gillette National - attending or not?

Rharrod

Talking You bet---- IN

Since, my wife said it was ok to go! She also said, if I behave myself I will have a place to stay all week. So I'm IN.- - - - - - - P.S. Looks like I will have to take a trip out to the PNW ,just for a road trip!

In, absolutely in
    Live this day.

Only after beating "The Beartooth"

The Beartooth beat me last time with a whiteout. So one counter clockwise loop of WY with a slight detour to MT via the Chief Joseph and then over Beartooth to Red Lodge. Then a little playtime in the Big Horns with an arrival to Gillette. Maybe a quick trip over the Snowy Range on the way out. Oh no, I've got PMS* already.

*Parked Motorcycle Syndrome
    Jim Nyffeler
    Lincoln NE
    '10 F800GS, '04 R1150R
    BMWMOA 110521, IBA 8936

Ah yuh.
    Sometimes,nothing is a real cool hand.

Of course.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

cruise_carter
    When I posted this poll, I neglected to include my 3 riding buddies who are joining me.

Today, my friend who just bought his first m/c, the K100RT, commented again about how excited he is to be going. He told me again about all the sites to see within a reasonable riding distance. He can't get his vacation draw then so he is going to take time off work, roughly 70 hrs worth!

We are going to make this a great time for him, from taking the scenic route around Lake Superior, across the top of the US into Wyoming.

Lets give it (the Gillette rally) a chance to work.
    If you're going, all the better to meet people, if not, more chances for myself and my friends to walk off with big prizes....

To Kbasa, Dave, I realize through the forums that you and the directors have taken a beating over this location, I have never met you but I appreciate the efforts that go into setting this up, I don't have the time or energy to do this. If people are unhappy, there are lots of other riding venues to attend and in 3 years, they can take a run for director or even president...

until then, I encourage everyone to attend and make the best of it, it might be bad, it might be good, but we won't know for sure until the 3rd week of July..

I thought this little 'straw poll' over the next 100 days might help by looking at the numbers..

Dale

Thumbs up Gillettee....We're not kidding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cruise_carter View Post
    Lets get some feedback from the membership, who is attending, not attending, not sure yet?
    IN

(Planning to have a great time!!) Now....where's my cowboy hat???
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Director MOA Foundation
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair

Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    ....and, setting up house keeping in a Sherpa (as soon as we can reserve).....

(ok, maybe too subtle. Reservations are now open!)
    Last edited by SherpaMayberry; 11-06-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Gonna' have a great time!

Yup, going to be Co-Chairing the Cyber Cafe Committee and helping with the tire pressure check station.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

My life has been totally uncertain for the last few years with no end to that in sight, but I voted IN and that's the plan I'm working with. Details of my plan include a stop in CO to visit my very best friend, a few days of regional exploration before the rally, some volunteering, Camp BEERS, meeting new folks, all the usual fun and debauchery of the Big Rally, and more!
    Can't wait to give El Chupacabra a good workout up there in Flavour Country!
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Unhappy Unfortunately, No

But wish I could.

For that matter, I wish I could make every one. If it wasn't for that little thing called employment....

I've been to every national since Missoula One in '84, except Moodus, Ct. in '93 when I had just changed jobs and had zero vacation time. Voni did go to Moodus too though. Ironically, that was the year they announced our appointments as Ambassadors at the rally and I wasn't there. And I'll be in Gillette - probably arriving on the way south from Alaska which is where we intend to go the end of May following Hyderseek in Hyder.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Republic of Texas
    Yes, I'll be attending the rally in Gillette.

I used to live in Gillette (1984 to 1987), and I'm looking forward to getting back for a visit to Wyoming. From the posts I've read here and elsewhere, it seems apparent that many of the critics have never been to Gillette, or spent much time in Wyoming.

More later . . .
    Last edited by BeemerMike; 11-06-2007 at 01:52 PM.
    Mike White
    MOA Life Time Member #57882
    '13 K1300S "30 Years", '95 R1100RS, '88 K75S, '97 Ducati 916, '95 Ducati 900SS CR. Gone, but not forgotten, '75 R90S

Podzo

No way no how

To familiar with that town and area. Too much good riding elsewhere. I am spoiled living in Colorado with easy access to Utah, northern Arizona and New Mexico to go there. I will stick with the Buffalo Stampede, small, great town and great riding in the Black Hills. Never been to a national event so I do not know what I am missing.

gpodzo

Quote Originally Posted by podsobinski View Post
    To familiar with that town and area. Too much good riding elsewhere. I am spoiled living in Colorado with easy access to Utah, northern Arizona and New Mexico to go there. I will stick with the Buffalo Stampede, small, great town and great riding in the Black Hills. Never been to a national event so I do not know what I am missing.

gpodzo
    A mere 9 hour day trip for you. Go - and see what you have been missing!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves