Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ANARCHY Photo Assignment: Weekend 11/03/07

ANARCHY Photo Assignment: Weekend 11/03/07

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    Our photo assignments keep rolling along. People are having fun; we're seeing some great photography!

Because anarchy is a bummer, we humbly offer these simple rules:

• Photos must be shot this weekend: Fri, Sat, or Sun.
    • You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it).
    • No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software).
    • Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
    • Post only one photo per post, so that commentary can be easily provided for that photo.
    • Post your photos in this thread only. Do not start a thread in reply to this assignment. Please post your photos no later than next Wednesday.
    • And, the most important rule: have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.

And in the spirit of great fun and fabulous photography, if you wish to post some excess pictures that you just couldn't seem to rein in from your trigger happy fingertips, why don't you post them here so we all can see your myriad of variances on this week's exciting new pure and simple theme...

Hey, Great idea.

I have been a little trigger happy lately...
    Alex Grossjohann
    2004 R1150RSA
    2008 328xi Coupe

I wished I had this thread last week, just for myself, and my open-wide portfolio!

SNC1923
    This is a good idea, RI, thanks. Apparently that Tanqueray is some kind of brain fertilizer.

People can post more than one photo in the Photo Assignment, but we are asking that you limit it to one photo per post. Try to choose the one or three that you're really proud of or want feedback on.

Got several more that you just can't stand to die a slow death in a folder on your computer? Post them here! I'm sure there'll be no shortage of feedback and suggestions.

Have I got this right? Here's to you. . . . *clink*

SNC1923
    My friend Brad and I changed the final drive oil and installed a new rear tire on my GSA yesterday. He's been in a big polishing mode lately, so he wanted to give my exhaust pipes the once over. Only happy to oblige, "Knock yourself out," I said.

Brad polishing in his garage. This photo is backlit--the meter is fooled by the bright light eminating from the background.

Here's the same shot, same lighting, only this time I activated the camera's built-in flash which does an admirable job of bringing the subject out of the shadows.

This is kind of a fun shot. The flash fires at an extrodinarily high speed, somewhere in the vicinity of 1/10,000 of a second; however, the exif reveals that the shutter is only firing at 1/60th. As a result, the wheel does show slight motion blur, but because the flash is the primary light source in this photo, it does an admirable job of freezing the buffing wheel which is spinning at God-only-knows how many RPMs.

Check out these before-and-afters:

Whole polishing process took fewer than 30 minutes. These aluminum pipes now look like they're chrome. Brad says an occasional hand touch-up will keep this looking bright and shiny.

Unavailable for comment
    My friend Brad and I changed the final drive oil and installed a new rear tire on my GSA yesterday. He's been in a big polishing mode lately, so he wanted to give my exhaust pipes the once over. Only happy to oblige, "Knock yourself out," I said.

Brad polishing in his garage. This photo is backlit--the meter is fooled by the bright light eminating from the background.

Here's the same shot, same lighting, only this time I activated the camera's built-in flash which does an admirable job of bringing the subject out of the shadows.

This is kind of a fun shot. The flash fires at an extrodinarily high speed, somewhere in the vicinity of 1/10,000 of a second; however, the exif reveals that the shutter is only firing at 1/60th. As a result, the wheel does show slight motion blur, but because the flash is the primary light source in this photo, it does an admirable job of freezing the buffing wheel which is spinning at God-only-knows how many RPMs.

Whole polishing process took fewer than 30 minutes. These aluminum pipes now look like they're chrome. Brad says an occasional hand touch-up will keep this looking bright and shiny.

You just had to put the bug in my head of polishing my pipes. You just had to do it.

Regards,

Randy Kasal

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by rkasal View Post
    You just had to put the bug in my head of polishing my pipes. You just had to do it.

Regards,

Randy Kasal

Excellent!

El Huevo

Last edited by grossjohann; 01-20-2008 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Image lost when thread moved to Photography Forum
    Alex Grossjohann
    2004 R1150RSA
    2008 328xi Coupe

The Erastus Corning Tower

Last edited by grossjohann; 01-20-2008 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Image lost when thread moved to Photography Forum
    Alex Grossjohann
    2004 R1150RSA
    2008 328xi Coupe

Building 3

Last edited by grossjohann; 01-20-2008 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Image lost when thread moved to Photography Forum
    Alex Grossjohann
    2004 R1150RSA
    2008 328xi Coupe

Building... Umm...

Last edited by grossjohann; 01-20-2008 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Image lost when thread moved to Photography Forum
    Alex Grossjohann
    2004 R1150RSA
    2008 328xi Coupe

They do look really great! I like mine blue but shiny.
    Alex Grossjohann
    2004 R1150RSA
    2008 328xi Coupe

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by grossjohann View Post
    They do look really great! I like mine blue but shiny.
    I kind of like the bluing, too. My RT's pipes were a nice shade of blue. The pipes on my GS just turned brown and stayed that way. I like the new shiny ones much better.

I kind of like the bluing, too. My RT's pipes were a nice shade of blue. The pipes on my GS just turned brown and stayed that way. I like the new shiny ones much better.
    Indubitably!
    Alex Grossjohann
    2004 R1150RSA
    2008 328xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    Just a pure and simple ride?
    ItÔÇÖs interesting how small the motorcycle and rider appear in perspective with the trees and the road.

I always feel larger than life while cruising through countryside like this
    Alex Grossjohann
    2004 R1150RSA
    2008 328xi Coupe