Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vicious Rumor from HD Biker

grossjohann
    We made hydraulic presses in the 80ÔÇÖs. HD bought a 400 ton press for stamping out fenders. I suppose these are cheaper to make locally since packing them would leave a lot of extra room in the container. Shipping air can get expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
    You know what? ....IME, the owners of only two brands of bike give a rat's ass about what anyone else rides...BMW and Harley-Davidson.
    While I respect your opinion, me thinks you should go troll some of the metric forums out there. There are owners of every brand of bike that are...militant...in their belief that they ride the best and others don't, wasted money on a more expensive bike, didn't make a wise brand choice because it isn't the same as the choice they made in a bike...etc. That is not limited to the HD or BMW crowd. In fact, I know a few Honda owners you need to meet. ;-)

That all being said...I'm with you on the notion that it doesn't matter what you ride, but that you ride. Folks should ride what speaks to them.

Peace.
    I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know. - Mark Twain
    2005 R1200RT
    BMWMOA #125016
    BMWRAI #30539

Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    Either way, I still can't seem to be bothered to wash my bike. How hard is it to keep that RT clean? It's got all sorts of nooks and crannies in that fairing with the panels that "hover" out a bit.

Keep an RT clean? What are you? Anal?

I don't worry too much about it. My bike hasn't been washed since before I rode to the Rally.

Guess I'm just not a "real" BMW owner.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

On the Road
    Maybe we should quit teasing the Harley guys and try to figure out the mystique. This looks a lot more interesting than checking out the helmet booth at the BMW rally -

http://new.cycleworld.com/article.as...article_id=515

Loud pipes make you deaf not blind.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

China AHAHAH! We need to start writing our politicians and demanding mirror trade policies. If a country adds 20% import tax to our goods we should do the same to theirs. The American worker and consumer had better pull their collective heads out of you know what or Chinese and the rest of the up and coming 3rd world industrial nations will end life as we know it in America. Our ability to manufacture and produce goods will be gone! But the corporate geniuses who have sold their soul and ours for higher stock prices by moving our factories and plants overseas will sleep with a clear conscience because at the end on the day the stock price is up.

Sorry for the out burst.

I ride both BMW and Harley Davidson. I donÔÇÖt do it for the lifestyle. I just like the motorcycles. The friends that I ride with our just that, friends it doesnÔÇÖt matter that we all ride different brand bikes. We just like motorcycles and enjoy riding.

dlearl476
    Quote Originally Posted by CTYankee View Post
    While I respect your opinion, me thinks you should go troll some of the metric forums out there. Peace.
    Thanks, but I've got way too much to do to actively search for narrow-mindedness. I don't doubt what you say, but this much I know: When I'm riding any brand BUT a BMW or Harley EVERYBODY waves, except for most people riding BMWs and Harleys.

...I don't doubt what you say, but this much I know: When I'm riding any brand BUT a BMW or Harley EVERYBODY waves, except for most people riding BMWs and Harleys.
    ...Maybe it's you...not your bike. :
    I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know. - Mark Twain
    2005 R1200RT
    BMWMOA #125016
    BMWRAI #30539

Oh No! The wave thing

When I'm riding any brand BUT a BMW or Harley EVERYBODY waves, except for most people riding BMWs and Harleys.
    Can't say I disagree. If my experience it's the HD and BMW camp that wave the least. (In the case of the BMW crowd thought it had to do w/ the R1200C I ride)

I'd include the Ducati crowd as far as the brand snobbery ... but they do wave.

DENNIE
    based on my regular travels from mem to central texas and phoenix, I dont see any brand specific patterns; the sport bike crowd seems to wave the least to me but I think its more riding position that affects that. however the two times that I came across very friendly drivers (not that kind... ) they happened to be on pan heads!? must be the reciprocating harmonics

535IS
    Quote Originally Posted by DBFtwofast View Post
    China AHAHAH! We need to start writing our politicians and demanding mirror trade policies. If a country adds 20% import tax to our goods we should do the same to theirs.
    Ummm ... maybe we started it.

Quote Originally Posted by 535is View Post
    Ummm ... maybe we started it.

Don't forget, China is also sending us free lead.

I am also fairly certain that any food we imported to China didn't have melamine in it.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

yukonlarry

Smile

I think the Chinese make a copy of the Aral which is a Russian copy of a BMW, or something like that.

DANIEL1025

H-D American?

I have a lot of friends who ride H-D, you know the bike made in America. Ha!! I was told by a family member of mine who is a purchasing agent for H-D that 85 percent of parts come from Italy and Japan. I do know that he buys all the leather for H-D from Brazil. Don't get me wrong, two wheels are two wheels, but I really get sick and tired of all my friends and other H-D riders telling me to ride an american bike. If I could find an H-D that was as nice as my BMW I would think....
    No I'll stay with my beamer and listen to their crap.

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    I almost never wash it, I'm sorry to say. It looks good with road cheese all over it.

Once in a while, I'll wash the dead bugs and junk off the windshield and headlight.

1+

Len