Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vicious Rumor from HD Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Crow18 View Post
    The new Buell uses a Rotax engine, too.
    That's just too fun!!! After all the crap flying around here...but does Buell count?
    Alex Grossjohann
    2004 R1150RSA
    2008 328xi Coupe

pin the roundel on the mascot............
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not to mention....

... these guys being somewhat being spelling challenged.

FYI, the Made in America Harleys used a substantial amount of Swedish made (SKF) 8620 gear steel in their transmissions in the mid 1980s. I know - I imported it for them. OK it should be a blue and yellow cross - didn't be to be available for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCook View Post
    But what about the substance of the rumor? Is there any indication from any source that it is based on evidence? Aprilia manufactures in Italy. Manufacturing in China may be feasible and even practical by 2010. Does anyone have any SUBSTANTIVE EVIDENCE regarding the rumor?
    From The People's Daily (Online)

>>China sees ten thousand homemade BMW sold in past year

>>BMW China announced Friday that more than 10,000 domestically-made luxury >>BMWs have been sold in China since Oct. 16, 2003, when the company >>released the first made-in-China BMWs.

Of course, they are talking about cars. But...

John

I am having troubles laying my hands on the various press releases and news articles that go into making a rumor like this. VERY roughly, in no particular order and off the top of my head:

I believe it was March that I posted a press release from BMW about the opening of a Club Motorrad in Beijing. The Chinese company Chiang Jiang is working with BMW on this. They are ChinaÔÇÖs second largest motorcycle manufacturer. Their product line runs up to 250cc bikes. The press release argued they and their dealer network would help introduce larger BMW motorcycles to the Chinese market. The second thing Chiang Jiang was to help with was sourcing help for parts manufacturing.

Chiang Jiang is in litigation with the Brazilian government. They have a deal to purchase the equipment in an automotive plant that BMW shut down. It is not clear who owned the plant, BMW or a contractor. Chiang Jiang wants to bring the equipment to China to set up manufacturing there. Brazil wants the plant to remain in Brazil, protect Brazilian jobs and has offered to set up preferential terms for export to China.

Several auto blogs have suggested that BMW intends to produce and market a hybrid in China for China and the Asian market. I have seen some BMW press releases that may have something to do with this.

BMW manufactures cars in many different countries. The most recent expansion is in India. It is even rumored that they build cars someplace in a southeastern state with Carolina in it, some where in the United States. You know Americans canÔÇÖt produce cars so the BMW Bimmer mystic is definitely at risk.

The BMW motorcycle plant has excess capacity at this time. Part of its production time is currently used to make parts for other product lines. The assembly plant can make more so there seems to be no need for moving motorcycle manufacturing to China from a production point.

The Husqvarna purchase would speak against a move to China. Their plant has excess production capacity and would seem a logical place to build the production 450 and perhaps some of the 650 line.

Take a snip from any of the above paragraphs combined with a bit of speculation and who have a H-D rider waving good bye to the BMW mystic.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

BobMielke
    I'm glad BMW left the chrome off their bikes, that way you have nothing to polish. My 2005 R1200RT has 43,500 miles on it already and I can count the washings on one hand, with change. At least BMW give you something for the money they charge. How about Hardleys?

Unavailable for comment
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ka View Post
    I am having troubles laying my hands on the various press releases and news articles that go into making a rumor like this. VERY roughly, in no particular order and off the top of my head:

I believe it was March that I posted a press release from BMW about the opening of a Club Motorrad in Beijing. The Chinese company Chiang Jiang is working with BMW on this. They are ChinaÔÇÖs second largest motorcycle manufacturer. Their product line runs up to 250cc bikes. The press release argued they and their dealer network would help introduce larger BMW motorcycles to the Chinese market. The second thing Chiang Jiang was to help with was sourcing help for parts manufacturing.

Chiang Jiang is in litigation with the Brazilian government. They have a deal to purchase the equipment in an automotive plant that BMW shut down. It is not clear who owned the plant, BMW or a contractor. Chiang Jiang wants to bring the equipment to China to set up manufacturing there. Brazil wants the plant to remain in Brazil, protect Brazilian jobs and has offered to set up preferential terms for export to China.

Several auto blogs have suggested that BMW intends to produce and market a hybrid in China for China and the Asian market. I have seen some BMW press releases that may have something to do with this.

BMW manufactures cars in many different countries. The most recent expansion is in India. It is even rumored that they build cars someplace in a southeastern state with Carolina in it, some where in the United States. You know Americans canÔÇÖt produce cars so the BMW Bimmer mystic is definitely at risk.

The BMW motorcycle plant has excess capacity at this time. Part of its production time is currently used to make parts for other product lines. The assembly plant can make more so there seems to be no need for moving motorcycle manufacturing to China from a production point.

The Husqvarna purchase would speak against a move to China. Their plant has excess production capacity and would seem a logical place to build the production 450 and perhaps some of the 650 line.

Take a snip from any of the above paragraphs combined with a bit of speculation and who have a H-D rider waving good bye to the BMW mystic.

I believe it was BMW that owned the plant in Brazil. The plant made engines for the Mini and has since been sold back to the plant.

Regards,

Randy Kasal

"some how, BMW with crossed roses tattoo'd on my shoulder doesn't do anything for me"
    Agreed, but if I were into tattoos I could see doing the roundel with Luftwaffe wings.
    Bikeless for now...but not forever!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

They're retards.
    2007 BMW R1200RT
    www.pbtfus.org

dlearl476
    You know what? I have a whole bunch of bikes. Sportbikes, dirt bikes, cafe bikes, vintage bikes, etc. Just about every kind of bike but a cruiser. IME, the owners of only two brands of bike give a rat's ass about what anyone else rides, what anyone else thinks of their ride, or whether or not they wave to one another, wave to each other, or wave at their friggin' grandmothers.

BMW and Harley-Davidson. Get ****ing over it. It's downright embarassing. It doesn't matter WHAT you ride, just THAT you ride.

And fwiw, BMW and Harley Davidson BOTH source parts from manufacturers all over the world and have for years. You think that ZADI ignition switch, Domino throttle, and Bosch FI was MANUFACTURED in Germany? Wake up. It's 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMielke View Post
    I'm glad BMW left the chrome off their bikes, that way you have nothing to polish. My 2005 R1200RT has 43,500 miles on it already and I can count the washings on one hand, with change. At least BMW give you something for the money they charge. How about Hardleys?
    Harleys deliver a fantastic ride. Been the most reliable make I've owned among many makes over many years.

Quote Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
    You know what? I have a whole bunch of bikes. Sportbikes, dirt bikes, cafe bikes, vintage bikes, etc. Just about every kind of bike but a cruiser. IME, the owners of only two brands of bike give a rat's ass about what anyone else rides, what anyone else thinks of their ride, or whether or not they wave to one another, wave to each other, or wave at their friggin' grandmothers.

BMW and Harley-Davidson. Get ****ing over it. It's downright embarassing. It doesn't matter WHAT you ride, just THAT you ride.

And fwiw, BMW and Harley Davidson BOTH source parts from manufacturers all over the world and have for years. You think that ZADI ignition switch, Domino throttle, and Bosch FI was MANUFACTURED in Germany? Wake up. It's 2007.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    Harleys deliver a fantastic ride. Been the most reliable make I've owned among many makes over many years.
    Thank you....

David, stop sugar-coating it. Tell us how you REALLY feel!
    Bikeless for now...but not forever!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Back in the early 80's I worked for a company that supplied plating fixtures to the York, PA plant.

Even back then HD used parts from Over the seas. Gas tanks from Italy, lower fork castings made in JASPAN and even the electrical system came from some place else.

So check where thing come from, the new buss words, ASSEMBLED IN THE US of A.

MT helmet
    [COLOR=Red]NO ONE ELSE ADMITS IT[FONT=Courier New]