Page 20 of 185 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

R90S

More photos please!

I'd like to see more photos on here. Here's one of my red bike' engine to bump the thread:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here ya go.
    --Joe Merlino - Modified '82 R100RT

pedrocasper
    Quote Originally Posted by knary
    oh my

This is a great bike! Are the rearsets custom made?

R90S

Rearsets

I started with a set from Tarozzi:

http://www.tarozzipaolo.com/indexnet.htm

You have to fabricate the rest yourself. I had the help of the Vashon Island wizard to do this:

R90S

Rearsets

Other side:

pedrocasper

Rearsets

Thanks! Your bike is an inspiration and I am getting many great ideas from it!

Quote Originally Posted by pedrocasper
    Thanks! Your bike is an inspiration and I am getting many great ideas from it!
    It's giving a lot of us the vapors....! Anyway, back down to earth, here's my own airhead, just aquired it recently, not many miles yet but I expect to disappear off the screen very shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by larrylarry75
    It's giving a lot of us the vapors....! Anyway, back down to earth, here's my own airhead, just aquired it recently, not many miles yet but I expect to disappear off the screen very shortly.
    One more view, looking at bike pics is a lot like eating potato chips...
    Notice how skillfully I cropped the front tire? I like this beastie a lot, gonna have to think of a name real soon. Difficult task, only vehicle I ever owned that had a name was my '66 Lancia ralley car, everyone called it the Yellow Peril....for good reasons....

Sweet. You sure got that thing packed up. Not planning to be home for a while?

What kind of saddle is that?

Meyer's All-Day-Long saddle

Quote Originally Posted by jmerlino
    Sweet. You sure got that thing packed up. Not planning to be home for a while?

What kind of saddle is that?
    Hi Joe,
    The saddle is one of Meyer's All-Day-Long models and came with the bike. Lucky for me the guy who had it made is about the same size as me so it fits. The photo was taken when I was doing a load check to see how much stuff I could hang on it and still ride comfortably. I'm heading solo to Alaska this coming May, figure to be gone at least a month so lots of planning is in order.

Neat setup for touring. That type of setup was real common when I got into the BMW rally scene in the mid 80's. Still see alot of them at rallies today. I had a 74 R90 set up very simular, and toured thousands of miles that way. I'ts now apart undergoing a ground up resto. There was a BMW shop in Ft. Smith, AR. called Danny's, back in the 70's and 80's, who set up R100RTs and Ts just like that. We called them Danny's Specials and I still see them around the Ar, Ok, ,and Tx. area rallies. Good luck with your new ride.

Quote Originally Posted by larrylarry75
    Hi Joe,
    The saddle is one of Meyer's All-Day-Long models and came with the bike. Lucky for me the guy who had it made is about the same size as me so it fits.
    Cool. What do you think of it? At some point I'm going to have to do something about the crap-ass Corbin that's on my bike now.

Here's my 95 GSPD Classic

Quote Originally Posted by jmerlino
    Cool. What do you think of it? At some point I'm going to have to do something about the crap-ass Corbin that's on my bike now.
    Joe I'm not sure if Meyers are still in biz but I'd think they are, their saddle's very comfortable, for me at least. I have a Corbin on my Aprilia Pegaso and I like that too but have never been on a long ride with it. Corbin made the saddle for me before I received the bike whereas I think Meyers requires you to send in your old one to be reupholstered. As a note of interest, I'm vertically challenged (29" inseam) so my reason for ordering the Corbin was to gain a 1" drop in seat height. As it happened the new seat was no different than the original except it's a lot nicer so I kept it. I contacted Corbin about it and they said to return it and they'd redo it for me, but being the procrastinator I am I neglected to do it and just learned to ride the bike the way it was. Now I sort of wish I'd done it as I really love the bike but it's too tall for me. Normally I do just fine but when I get into one of those sticky wickets like stopping on gravel or slippery surfaces I tend to do the giraffe split and it ain't fun. Hope this windy answer helps, thanks for your comments.
    Larry

James.A
    Quote Originally Posted by gezerbike
    Here's my 95 GSPD Classic
    The only thing that stopped me from buying a new one of these was having bought a new R1100RS the year before. I just love that bike. The one I was looking at was European spec. Man, I could kick myself a dozen times for not making a deal. Very Nice.