Page 140 of 184 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2747

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

Thumbs up Shocks?

What are the shocks on your RS??
    Don "Radar" Wreyford
    00 K1200LT, 98 R1100GS AE, 84 R100RS, 76 R75/6 (rebuild complete)
    MOA # 91738, RA #27032 , ABC #7915 - "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

"...the burble of my exhaust unwound like a long cord behind me. Soon my speed snapped it, and I heard only the cry of the wind...." Larry of Arubia

Dave's '84 R80ST

At the risk of all kinds of grief about the baggy fork boots (Hey! They're ATV boots and the price was right! They look fine with someone onboard. . . ) here's my '84 R80ST . . .it took me 3 months and more $ than I want to admit to put her right but rides like a dream now, and not a single complaint from her over about 5,000 miles since I brought her back. This wasnt a full rebuild, just a tired and cosmetically rough old girl when I found her earlier this year. . ..needed alot of TLC but nothing major. I've since replaced the goofy scooter screen (what can I say. . it was hanging in my barn . .) with a smaller bullet screen. I suppose the next time I have the sliders off I'll put proper boots on. . .
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't think there is anything wrong with the windscreen shown in the picture - but those fork boots.... eeeeeegahd!!
    BMWs in my garage: 1982 R65LS, 1978 R100/7

And my newest bad habit

Also in kinda rough shape when I found her, I got this '81 R100 hack rig a few months after I got the R80ST above .. . that's a velorex car. She hadnt really been on the road for a few years and needed alot of elbow grease and many bits and pieces (still needs a few). Running fine and up to date mechanically now, so I can live with the tank dents and smudges for awhile. Notice from the previous post the scooter screen has found its way over to the tug. . . .I'm done buying parts for awhile.

Airheads may be a bit of a sickness but there are worse diseases out there.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dwyandell View Post
    At the risk of all kinds of grief about the baggy fork boots (Hey! They're ATV boots and the price was right! They look fine with someone onboard. . . ) here's my '84 R80ST . . .it took me 3 months and more $ than I want to admit to put her right but rides like a dream now, and not a single complaint from her over about 5,000 miles since I brought her back. This wasnt a full rebuild, just a tired and cosmetically rough old girl when I found her earlier this year. . ..needed alot of TLC but nothing major. I've since replaced the goofy scooter screen (what can I say. . it was hanging in my barn . .) with a smaller bullet screen. I suppose the next time I have the sliders off I'll put proper boots on. . .
    Dave
    dwyandell,

I think the screen in the picture looks fine. Can you tell me anything about it? Manufacturer? Model? For sale?
    Mike Barfield - Plant City, FL
    '07 R1200 GS - '75 R90/6 - '93 R100GS PD - '71 R60/5 - 2 X '73 R75/5 LWB - '83 R80 ST
    Picts

Mike
    Thanks. The screen is a Slipstreamer Spitfire I think and they are pretty inexpensive; for now it is staying on the R100 tug until I find something I like better but they're available online. Someone told me it looked like a scooter schield so maybe I am being a little too sensitive. . .
    The hack had a stock velorex shield, very high and straight up, and battered up. . . I made the half shield from some hardware store 1/8" plexi.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    tanker4me... where is this?

Near Ventura, Ca?

Long Beach, CA.

my three BMWs

Steve in Santa Fe
    1980 R100RT
    2005 DR 650

explaination of above...
    I cut down a crash damaged RT fairing into the 'modified Sport' fairing seen above....I actually like it (seems shocking at first...almost sacralege) but the bike is noticeably less top heavy and seem not so 'pregnant'. Still get good wind protection....
    (and before you pick up rocks to stone me, I still have the full stock fairing ready as needed)
    Steve in Santa Fe
    1980 R100RT
    2005 DR 650

roaddogslash7 - you've referenced your HTML blog page...you need to link to a JPG or BMP file or the like for this to work.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by mikegates View Post
    My son Ben we go fishin on the RT
    Great picture !

Huckleberry, Gilera &Toad kstoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 154048 View Post
    explaination of above...
    I cut down a crash damaged RT fairing into the 'modified Sport' fairing seen above....I actually like it (seems shocking at first...almost sacralege) but the bike is noticeably less top heavy and seem not so 'pregnant'. Still get good wind protection....
    (and before you pick up rocks to stone me, I still have the full stock fairing ready as needed)
    I kinda like it. I like the idea of experimenting with it instead of just throwing it away.

kinda looks like a Guzzi now.
    1980 R100T (Gilera), 1982 R100RT (Toad), 1975 R60/6 (cern?¡calo)
    Adventures at the Cave

cut down RT

That cut down RT fairing looks a lot like the old Rifle fairing of the early '80's. I had one and don't for the life of me remember why I got rid of it...

Mac
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake