Page 127 of 184 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2747

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

It sure ain't no hanger baby. Neat to see a owner who really rides his bike, thru thick and thin.

Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I must say when I tore into this project, I never thought I'd get it done to this level. Through 9 months of hard work, perserverence, research, and good advice, this is my result. The advice was invaluable from BMWOA and ADVrider. It's truly amazing how much some of you guys know about these machines.

It's time to put some miles on it. I certainly did not do this just to look at it.

HH

I really like it

Hey helmut head I agree with you, a beautiful bike is excellent good to have. Some day I promise my self I will take the time to take my bike apart and paint the whole thing. Now go Kill some bugs.
    I don't know what I would do for nine months if I could not ride. I ride under Doctor's orders in leu of medications. I posted a work in progress. 20 years of riding year round in the Puget Sound Area is hard on a bike. As a residential carpenter I restored old houses, I would commute every where (except the Highlands-- they don't allow motorcycles) with my beat up old Wixoms loaded with hand tools. I could always find a place to park on a crowded job site. Over the years I was able to keep up on the mechanical issues but miles is miles. Now that I am a new member of the leisure class I will concentrate on the finer aesthetics of riding a classick work horse from the early eighties. The fairing is off now, getting a new dash from Max and painted, There is a new center stand now so she sets a little prouder with less slouch to the starboard side. Next, I plan on l rebuilding the carbs. I think the butterfly is letting a little air through at idle when it gets hot, and I can't get over 90mp; she stumbles. (I discovered that last summer crossing the Florida Panhandle trying to keep up with a new Harly Road King.) I'm trying to decide. send the carbs in or buy the kit? And I need to fix the odometer.

Thumbs up Krpntr

Enjoy the rebuild. You need to let me know about your condition and medications that have your doctor recommending you ride- never heard of that; sounds like good stuff!

I'd recommend you do your own carburetors. Call up Bing and get a kit from them- floats and all. Take photos as you disassemble them and follow a Clymer or Haynes manual. I was appprehensive when I did mine, but got it right the first time. You could probably buy the rebuild kit, a manual, an electronic balancing gage (manometer), the carb cleaner in a can, and a cool baseball hat for the price it would be to send them out.

Let me know if I can help.....but I've only done it once.

FABIOX

one airhead on top another airhead

me and my Pretinha
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love a pic with drama.

Running after 30+ years in storage

After six months of work, my 1974 R75/6 is now running! I currently concentrating on rebuilding the front brake rotor, cosmetics, replacing bits/pieces and tracking down the title. Purchased with 2,942 miles on the odometer, it still had original (dry rotted) tires, etc. Replaced with inexpensive Dunlops, it handles the mountain curves without a hitch.

However, after storage near the seashore with years of exposure to salt air, I've got my work cut out. Does anyone have a less than perfect (i.e., inexpensive) headlight assembly with chrome ring and/or handlebars? My handlebars are badly rusted and the headlight assembly was apparently lost.

The good news is that the internals are pristine - no wear on splines, brake shoes, etc. I can't wait to get 'er done!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I might have few things you asked for

I know I got a set of handle bars (USA version) with some light rust. I may let my head light bucket go as soon as I put my hands on the one to replace it. No chrome ring or innards (light assembly or reflector) but it will be a start for you. All yours for the cost of shipping. I'll look through my stuff and see what else is not needed. bmmrbikeman@comcast.net.

Thanks!

Thanks! I have the headlight bucket – just need the chrome ring and “innards”. Please let me know the cost of shipping the handlebars – they have to be better than mine… I’ve shipped some odd stuff via USPS – including a life size cardboard standup poster of Dolly Parton – I just put a shipping label on the back of her head, and the post office sent it on its way! I suspect if you wrap the bars in bubble wrap and tape plus a label, they will ship it for you. Please use the least expensive rate as time is not that important. If you have a PayPal account, I’ll send payment via the net. Otherwise, I’ll send you a check or money order. I'm sending you my "snail mail" address via e-mail.

I'm also looking for a replacement gas cap. Mine is badly pitted, but functional.

I appreciate the help – I’m now retired on a fixed income, so my cycle funds are limited. Your price is definately right!

Paul

[ up on mod soapbox ]

Paul and 69zeff65 -

Please refrain from using the tech forum to buy/sell/trade items. From this point on, use the PM function only. Forum posting guidelines strongly frown on this.

Thanks...

[ off mod soapbox ]
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    [ up on mod soapbox ]

Paul and 69zeff65 -

Please refrain from using the tech forum to buy/sell/trade items. From this point on, use the PM function only. Forum posting guidelines strongly frown on this.

Thanks...

[ off mod soapbox ]
    Huh? ...........Anyone wanna buy me a beer?

Catch me down on Beale St. in Memphis, Tn. Every Wendesday nite Bikes on Beale. First one's on me.

or go west

Ride that thing to the North West and I'll turn you onto a home-brew. And we can talk about our re-builds.

The Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmut_Head View Post
    Huh? ...........Anyone wanna buy me a beer?
    I'll buy you a beer but only if you don't show up on one of those pathetically showroom restored BMWs with proper period equipment.

Well uhhh,