Page 126 of 181 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2712

Thread: post a pic of your airhead

JW, your bike is elegant cool. I like your upgrades, keep us posted on any further developments and upgrades. Nice work so far.

Ebb & Flo

Recent sidecar "Bitsa" airhead to go with not so stock 71. Bitsa bike consists of /7 frame, R90 engine, R65 swingarm, 450 watt alternator, with a 70's Globe GS200 sidecar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grammarian no, Rider yes ISAMEMON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGWILLIE View Post
    The rotors are 300mm EBC rotors with spacers and 4 piston calipers with adapters to hold the calipers. The machining and layout was done by my friend James Banke from Banke Performance in Felton, CA. He specializes in this type of mod. The pads are FA, they grip well and are easier on the rotors than the HH type. New bearings and seals front and back. I cut the rear drum and put in Ferodo shoes. It has way more braking than stock. The master cylinder is the stock 15mm. Braided stainless lines, SJ upper triple tree, lower fork brace, and Progressive springs make up the rest of the front end. I've worked on it for the last 18 months and will continue to. The bike is one of my favorites.
    jw
    what do you mean by cut the rear drum and install ferodo.

I have done some upgrades to my brakes, but still feel the back are just speed modulators
    running ebc shoes in back
    floating rotors, stainless lines, rebuilt calipers and masters hh pads

1985 R80rt

Machined the rear brake drum on a brake lathe, Ferodo shoes that a friend gave me.
    jw

is there a reason, do they offer more area, better grip etc.
    thanks

The main difference in braking comes from the front upgrades, not the rear. I needed to break down the rear wheel to strip and repaint. I took the opportunity to replace the bearing and seals. The shoes were worn and the drum needed machining. Perfect time to do it. The rear stops like it should, the front much better.
    jw

1983 R80RT...Just Restored

Last edited by Helmut_Head; 05-23-2011 at 02:24 AM.

Sweeet! Looks like you added some knee pads...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Sweeet! Looks like you added some knee pads...
    Those knee pads are symbolic of my 25 years in corporate America.

Watkinsville, Georgia/Annapolis, Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmut_Head View Post
    Those knee pads are symbolic of my 25 years in corporate America.
    LOL, geez a little warning might have prevented that last sip of coffee off my keyboard! Hilarious.
    '83 R100RT'd
    '71 R75/5 SWB
    '06 KLR 650

Quote Originally Posted by AnnapolisAirhead View Post
    LOL, geez a little warning might have prevented that last sip of coffee off my keyboard! Hilarious.
    agree with that

what knee pads are you using on the tank. how did you attach

Quote Originally Posted by AnnapolisAirhead View Post
    Truly sorry, Annapolis, a little brake clean, perhaps, for your soiled keys? I am glad you had a good laugh on a Sunday morning.

Isa@#%!$??, Those are BMW knee pads for an 83-84 R80RT. http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fic...1659&Diagram=#. Under "fuel supply"P/N's 16111234047 & 8. I attached them with 3M weatherstrip adhesive. The trick was figuring out where to position wanted them before applying the glue and keeping the glue in the right area. I used one of my son's wet erase markers and outlined the pads on the L/R until happy w/ the location. I could iterate easy with the wet erase because it could be cleaned off if I was not happy w/ the position. After that, the 3M adhesive is easy to keep between the lines and put on the tank pad itself. You have a little slide for about 3-4 minutes if you slightly misplace the pad on the tank. Read the instructions for the glue.

HH
    Last edited by Helmut_Head; 05-22-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Pretty bike, Helmet Head. Good job.

Wow!

That bike should be pictured in a coffee table book entitled "Motorcycles Howard Wants to Own".
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

Daily Rider

The paint is original, so's the frame and most of the drive line. Not much else. Repaired as required with OEM parts over the past 20 years. Some day I hope to paint her, as the paint is getting a bit thin on the tank corners. A few normal problems over the years: Charging system, timing chain and gears,(they wear together, I replaced the chain only a few years ago and had to revisit sooner than I wanted.) Valve recession, seat popped out and almost destroyed head and piston. Clutch, I always replace the hard parts along with the friction disk. I did this twice now. The drive shaft grenaded and blew a hole in the swing arm tube and the rear wheel rivets sheared at the spline carrier. I still don't know why. lucky it was just before tire changing time so my new wheel got a fresh tire. Oh yea, and then there was the wreck. Front wheel, handle bars and headlight bucket smashed by a left turning imbecile. I bought it back from the insurance company for not a lot of money and thanks to a wrecker I know in Long Beach, I actualy made money putting it back together. I used to collect valve covers to hang on my garage walls, but I don't ride like that any more. Over all she's a good bike that answers my two wheel compulsions. I used to own a $400. Honda a long time ago, but not long enough to form any bond. There was something missing about it and I knew it would not last. I was thinking about what to get for my next bike when I encountered my first errant left turner. Lucky for me I studied the fine art of tumbling and did not get hurt much when I "T" boned her car. The insurance guy gave me a fist full of dollars and I went BMW shopping.
    The only thing wrong now other than paint is the odometer gave up about forty miles south of Columbus Ohio last year on my way home to Washington from Jacksonville FL. It is showing 167k but that is wrong by a couple of thousand miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images