Page 158 of 181 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2712

Thread: post a pic of your airhead

fresh out of 5 years of storage

Just bought this "project" 1974 R90S. It has a lot of period correct options, (the biggest gas tank I've ever seen, Avon Lynx 4 piece fairing, fallert oil sump, solo and dual seats, lester mag wheels, etc. Not sure, but thinking i will take all that stuff off and take it back to a silver smoke R90S. More once I decide.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last weekend...

Last weekend, while racing across Colorado, took a quick stop in Salida...
    Attached Images Attached Images

James.A
    Quote Originally Posted by boster12 View Post
    Just bought this "project" 1974 R90S. It has a lot of period correct options, (the biggest gas tank I've ever seen, Avon Lynx 4 piece fairing, fallert oil sump, solo and dual seats, lester mag wheels, etc. Not sure, but thinking i will take all that stuff off and take it back to a silver smoke R90S. More once I decide.
    Y'know,.. somebody put a lot of expense and effort into that bike. If it were mine, I'd fix it up and run it as is. If you decide you can't stand it as it is, you could then do the project,...or,... sell it to me.

... or me. I already have the paper towel.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Will posts one when it arrives - was picked up today!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346896472.737501.jpg

Getting her ready for a repaint over the winter. (1974 r90/6)

That looks like a bike my friend Bill owned for many years in Santa Cruz, CA.
    www.boxermetal.com
    www.facebook.com/boxermetal
    VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694, ABC #600
    Hi my name is Chris and I am a slash-five-o-holic.

Tank, fairing, Lester mags, I just threw up in my mouth. Take it back to stock, quickly.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadleyGSPD View Post
    I love this old Airhead... what a beauty !!
    This picture was taken today after fitting a new 3/4 sport solo tailsection that took me 3 months from start to finish, to acquire from it's previous owner. I also switched to a vented grille in the front of the fairing because of the hot weather here in Texas.

Very nice indeed. Sitting behind that fairing is one of the nicest places to be, especially when the weather is bad. Some of us used to refer to cold, drizzley nights as "RS weather".

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_M View Post
    Yup, that is a very nice bike. I too have the 3/4 seat and the vented front cover. Nice to ride and nice to look at.

When I rode it to Canada the truck in front of me at the border crossing had a bumper sticker that spelled out the acronym of you (photo shopped) license plate. The border guards were having him empty the truck bed and the cab.
    Probably thought that last F stood for Frenchie or something, lol. Wasn't a border crossing into Quebec was it? They just about outlaw English up there.

Quote Originally Posted by James.A View Post
    Y'know,.. somebody put a lot of expense and effort into that bike. If it were mine, I'd fix it up and run it as is. If you decide you can't stand it as it is, you could then do the project,...or,... sell it to me.
    I understand what you are saying, most of my purist airhead friends say the same thing. Re-do it just as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bmweuro View Post
    That looks like a bike my friend Bill owned for many years in Santa Cruz, CA.
    Is there anyway you could try to verify if this is your friends old bike? Really don't have any history on the bike, rumored to have in excess of 300M miles.

Quote Originally Posted by 42906 View Post
    Tank, fairing, Lester mags, I just threw up in my mouth. Take it back to stock, quickly.
    I had the same thoughts, at first. the more I look at it, the more I think I may just re-do it as it is. Unique, although some would say hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by James.A View Post
    Agreed. But if you really do decide to go back to stock on that bike, I'd be willing to take that seat off of your hands. That's an R100RS seat, and I would really like to have one like that on my '77.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Just got it - my 1974 R60/6 is here!