Page 175 of 184 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2757

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

Quote Originally Posted by 99495 View Post
    Attachment 41816

Just picked this 1982 R100CS up. Been sitting since 1998. 21,822 original miles! Can't wait to fire her up...

Nice score !! May I ask where you found / bought it ? It looks familiar . I'm near Cincinnati , you're not that far away.

Montgomery, OH

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    Nice score !! May I ask where you found / bought it ? It looks familiar . I'm near Cincinnati , you're not that far away.
    Probably the same bike, with kickstarter. They thought it was a 1984 until we pulled the title.

1978 r100/7

Just picked up a 1978 R100/7 last Thursday 15,791 two owner miles on it...runs good, everything works.
    She needs the typical TLC.

Got everything that I think I will need to get her on the road for fall color tour time.

I have a thread going in the Airheads forum about her.
    Attitude is everything!
    1978 R100/7
    08' V-Strom 650 great light weight tourer

Quote Originally Posted by 99495 View Post
    Probably the same bike, with kickstarter. They thought it was a 1984 until we pulled the title.
    Thought it looked familiar , I'm fairly sure I know the folks you bought it from. I always liked that bike. I'm not an expert , but I have never seen that color combo on any other one.

Just Joined

I quit riding in about 1982. Back then I had had a Norton, a Triumph and a Honda trail bike. Now I am retired and thought it would be fun to ride some before I got too old or took up lame. I thought I might get one of those old British classics, but they are hard to find, expensive, and as I remembered it, always needed repairs to keep them running. Then I started looking at old airhead BMWs.

After some looking around, I bought this from a guy in Eastern Washington. A 1983 R100 with 78,000 miles. The bike actually was his wife's. He rode an R80, and had a toaster in the garage, and I think another one off site. He and his wife are into touring, so the bike came with the Windjammer, bags, rack in the back, backrest, etc.

So, I bought it and trailered it home. After taking the course and getting my motorcycle endorsement, started riding. And stripping stuff off the bike. Now, without the Windjammer, hard bags and rack, backrest. Put on shorter lower handlebars, got a new headlight, front turn signals

It's been a couple of months and a couple of thousand miles, and I am loving it.

Bob Ross

Quote Originally Posted by rossrobertb View Post
    I quit riding in about 1982. Back then I had had a Norton, a Triumph and a Honda trail bike. Now I am retired and thought it would be fun to ride some before I got too old or took up lame. I thought I might get one of those old British classics, but they are hard to find, expensive, and as I remembered it, always needed repairs to keep them running. Then I started looking at old airhead BMWs.

After some looking around, I bought this from a guy in Eastern Washington. A 1983 R100 with 78,000 miles. The bike actually was his wife's. He rode an R80, and had a toaster in the garage, and I think another one off site. He and his wife are into touring, so the bike came with the Windjammer, bags, rack in the back, backrest, etc.

So, I bought it and trailered it home. After taking the course and getting my motorcycle endorsement, started riding. And stripping stuff off the bike. Now, without the Windjammer, hard bags and rack, backrest. Put on shorter lower handlebars, got a new headlight, front turn signals

It's been a couple of months and a couple of thousand miles, and I am loving it.

Bob Ross

Hard to tell in the photo, but is that the Reynolds 'cantilever' rack? Lifts up in the back & pulls back from the seat cowl?

Hard to tell in the photo, but is that the Reynolds 'cantilever' rack? Lifts up in the back & pulls back from the seat cowl?
    It does look like the rack in the bottom right of this brochure page:

http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/reynolds/reynolds7.jpg
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Yep, I had that same rack on my 1983 R80RT. As well as the Reynolds ride-off center stand also seen on this bike.

Nice-looking bike. You might want to keep those side cases around. They sure are handy for runs to the grocery store and a place to lock up the helmet. Enjoy!
    Mark M, St. Louis, '13 R1200GS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

jimmy armour

great buy

Hi, what a great buy! welcome back start going to rallies and enjoy, did you know your bike is a "last edition", special model?,well ride safe and welcome back once again,Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by jimwjarmour View Post
    did you know your bike is a "last edition", special model?
    I saw the side covers, but technically, the 1984s were the Last Editions.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

just joined

For aesthetic reasons, I would like to get rid of the rack in the back. To me, Naked is best. But. It is really convenient for hauling stuff around. It is amazing what you can bungee onto that rack. Gives me lots of reasons to ride to the store.

As to the "Last Edition" sideplates. I was told by the PO, who is a ceritfied airhut nut, that the factory decided that 1983 was to be the last of the line, and put out the "Last Edition" for some of the 1983 models, but then changed its mind and made the 1984 models the last edition, angering some who bought the 1983 as a last edition. Whatever. I don't care.

today's find

Had a call from a fellow wanting to clean out some of his dads things the other day. Went to "look" today and brought this home.
    1973 /5 SWB with a 900 kit and 58K on the odometer. The PO had not been able to ride since '95 and the bike hasn't moved since.P9300117.jpg
    P9300128.jpg

Not as clean as the low mileage /6 we rescued last year, but overall looks decent.
    Spent the evening taking the Vetter off as well as the rear rack to see what's hiding under all of that. The tank was the worst issue so far and will need re-coated...I still smell that lovely stale fuel hours later.

The headlight and ring are missing behind the Vetter, but the internals don't look bad at all in spite of being open . The /6 was intact.

I got a lot of extras...a brand new set of OEM mufflers still in the boxes being part of that. Chuckled at the prices I found on the spare oil filters...$1.89.

Let the fun begin
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Bike Week in Daytona

On my way from Pittsburgh to Daytona for bike week a few years back I got stuck in a snow storm, had to put my bike in the motel room to defrost, in the end I found paradise at the B Cubed campsite in Bunell, FLA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be Seen and Be Safe

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Had a call from a fellow wanting to clean out some of his dads things the other day. Went to "look" today and brought this home.
    1973 /5 SWB with a 900 kit and 58K on the odometer. The PO had not been able to ride since '95 and the bike hasn't moved since.P9300117.jpg
    P9300128.jpg

Not as clean as the low mileage /6 we rescued last year, but overall looks decent.
    Spent the evening taking the Vetter off as well as the rear rack to see what's hiding under all of that. The tank was the worst issue so far and will need re-coated...I still smell that lovely stale fuel hours later.

The headlight and ring are missing behind the Vetter, but the internals don't look bad at all in spite of being open . The /6 was intact.

I got a lot of extras...a brand new set of OEM mufflers still in the boxes being part of that. Chuckled at the prices I found on the spare oil filters...$1.89.

Let the fun begin
    Are you sure the lamp and ring were not on the fairing? As I recall my r80/7 had the same configuration and all I had to do is take the lamp from the fairing and install it on the shell??? Same thing for the blinkers.