Page 104 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2765

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

NormanDeeley

83 R100RT 60th Ann

Just bought this great bike. Brought it down to Phila from Utica. Nice ride down rt 12 into Pa. Lots of friggin deer! Will continue down the Skyline/Blue Ridge this sept. to Assheville. And then on to Naples. Not a bad ride after a 12 year pause

advrider.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rbleau View Post
    A better photo
    Nice!

A year ago, at post #1256 I posted a couple shots of the four boxers in my life -- an update to the family

A matched set:

And a sorta-airhead, circa 1980 (hey, at least the head's air cooled! )
    Mark Neblett
    Fairfax, VA

Put over 100 miles on the (new to me) R75/5 today, what a wonderful motorcycle!

She ran flawlessly all day, and a beautiful day it was. Here she is at the Oregon coast with Heceta Head lighthouse in the background.

cinghiale

Ginger

well here she is 1994 gs100 stock

well mostly stock its a great ride .....not one to part with all smiles
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dleonard 1988 K75s
    After few months of work, it is back to the road. 80' R100 RT

Great looking bike! And a perfect machine to explore the state you reside in.
    Mike V. / San Diego
    MOA#30064 / ABC#11027
    78 R100/7 [orig. owner] / 81 R65 [restored]
    ABC-MOA-AMA-VBMWMO / http://tinyurl.com/4df7hgs

1973 r75/5 lwb

On the way to 'The Rock Store' near Malibu, Calif.

R80 on the road

1978 R80/7, takes me as far as I want to go. I've had it for 15 years with only minor issues that were sorted out at an Airhead Tech Day in South Carolina.

1978 r100/7

Did 1,650 trouble-free miles last week from Minneapolis to the Black Hills.

Bill Clark
    Here is my 78 R100RS. Bought it from the original owner in early 86. Ed Zack was his name, unfortunately not with us anymore. The bike has been bulletproof for the most part. I put on fresh paint, (original scheme) last winter and finally broke down and had the heads done as well. Just rode from Cheney, (Spokane) to Redmond, then to Crater Lake, then to Portland, rode up to Mt St Helens and back to PDX, then home last weekend via the East side of St Helens, across the desert then home. (Thanks Destination Highways). Met some great people, saw some awesome bikes, joined the club, put 1500 troublefree miles on the bike, and ready to go again, (when time permits).
    Last edited by Air Race Addict; 08-06-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Misspelled Ed's last name.

Quote Originally Posted by 112566 View Post
    Here is my 78 R100RS.
    Nice bike. Hard to tell from the photo, but has the front snowflake rim been changed to the modified versions? Information on the recall is here:

http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/19inchrecall.htm
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Bill Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Nice bike. Hard to tell from the photo, but has the front snowflake rim been changed to the modified versions? Information on the recall is here:

http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/19inchrecall.htm
    Pretty sure it has, my main parts and tire supplier is in Boise, Idaho and I have always bought my tires and had them installed at Big Twin. I'm sure Fred would have taken care of it or noticed by now. But, it doesn't hurt to ask. Someone mentioned this to me at the rally in Redmond, and thanks for the reminder. The guy I talked to thought the wheel was upgraded. I'll check though.

Bill Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by Air Race Addict View Post
    Pretty sure it has, my main parts and tire supplier is in Boise, Idaho and I have always bought my tires and had them installed at Big Twin. I'm sure Fred would have taken care of it or noticed by now. But, it doesn't hurt to ask. Someone mentioned this to me at the rally in Redmond, and thanks for the reminder. The guy I talked to thought the wheel was upgraded. I'll check though.
    Just went out and checked my wheel. It falls in the post mod category. The date is 4/85. A year before I bought it. It definitely has the reinforcement webs from the hub out about half way out on the spokes. I was pretty sure Ed had told me that he had dealt with it. And I am sure Fred would have noticed by now and let me know. Thanks for asking though. There are several websites devoted to BMW bikes. Every one has been a great source of info and encouragement for me. And since this is my first venture into this board and had a great question posed to me right off the bat, I remain encouraged and happier than ever to be part of the BMW Motorcycle community.
    Thanks again,
    Bill