Sweet!!

Nice Bike. Welcome to the Forum.

ragphoto

My New Baby

R80/7 16,000 miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

learning...

78 100s

The 'before' picture is at the second to last on page 17. A winters worth of work to get it cleaned up and running...

Randy Turk says - Just as fun as the airhead. Cruises at 65 to 70 and gets 65 mpg. Has a 250cc, fuel injected, 4 valve single. Belt drive. Twist 'n Go! The Harley guys don't wave.

It's really simple Randy, they don't wave 'cause they're scared to let go with one hand. Look closer next time and you'll see them blinking.... You should think about blinking back, it's the civil thing to do. Nice scooter too.

BOKRIJDER
    Gearhead90S,

What's the history on the 90S? I owned one in Belgium and when it was sold, I believe that it may have gone to Indiana. This was about 11 years ago. your bike has a couple of features which mine shared.

Motard
    1150GS
    R50

1982 Love that Smoked Red
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rod, I just love a properly accessorized R bike. Look forward to seeing U at the Natural State Rally next month.

1980rs

Loaded for two up and camping for ten days. Taken on Blue Ridge at Otter Creek. Bike has 1050 kit, modified swingarm, spin on oil filter etc..etc./Users/jaguar/Desktop/IMG_1380.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    85? You mean 84?
    When I got it, the owner said it is an '85, and the title sez its an '82, so I really do not know what year it is, any suggestions?

JATOWNSEND

Thumbs up BMW VIN Decoder...

Quote Originally Posted by markografx
    When I got it, the owner said it is an '85, and the title sez its an '82, so I really do not know what year it is, any suggestions?
    Here is a link to the BMW VIN Decoder site. Plug in your VIN number and it will give you your exact model and date of manufacture.

http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi

ssls6
    93 GSPD

VIN Decoded!

Quote Originally Posted by JATownsend
    Here is a link to the BMW VIN Decoder site. Plug in your VIN number and it will give you your exact model and date of manufacture.

http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi
    Thanks for the link, it claims my chassis number is a R100RS with a 11/1981 build date, so it looks pretty much like an '82 to me.

Now I can ride with a clear conscience!

Thanks again

For the record, that decoder may not be the most accurate as it says my bike was made in November 1995 but the frame sticker says December.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Veg -

There are other places/sources which provide similar information. Maybe they would help settle the "debate"...or maybe they're all using the same bad information and would still return the November date. Hard to tell... But hey, what's a month amongst friends??

Kurt in S.A.

Exactly Kurt, and it makes no difference when I start up the engine and ride off. I tend to trust the sticker more anyway. Of course the December produciton date on the frame jibes with the emissions sticker that says the bike is a '96, while all official sources say the model only went to '95. I love talking about that at rallies.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad