Page 151 of 184 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2754

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

  1. #2251
    jimmy armour
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lucknow ontario canada
    Posts
    158

    nice bike

    boy what a nice bike m249joe, I had one, a 1976 model TT smoke just like that in the seventies, back in Ireland , did you happen to notice the front fender is reversed ? lots of luck, Jimmy
    Last edited by jimwjarmour; 04-15-2012 at 09:33 PM.

  2. #2252
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwjarmour View Post
    boy what a nice bike m249joe, I had one, a 1976 model TT smoke just like that in the seventies, back in Ireland , did you happen to notice the front fender is reversed ? lots of luck, Jimmy

    Thanks. 150mi ride today and I dind't notice the fender... Have to look into it.
    07 R1200R - 75 R90/6 - 67 R50/2 - 75 R90S
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E
    2007 Honda CRF450X

  3. #2253
    Registered User boxerkuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carolina's
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwjarmour View Post
    boy what a nice bike m249joe, I had one, a 1976 model TT smoke just like that in the seventies, back in Ireland , did you happen to notice the front fender is reversed ? lots of luck, Jimmy
    Wow, you have good eyes, but you are right!!! Good for you....
    Keep the rubber side down!!
    1986 R 80 RS
    1992 R 100 R
    BMW MOA Life member; Ironbutt Member; Airhead Member

  4. #2254
    Grammarian no, Rider yes ISAMEMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kings Valley Oregon
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaMike View Post
    1986, 61k. Taller screen, Corbin needs new cover, lower bars, miles of smiles.


    nice bike. since I have a 85 R80Rt I llike to compare when I see em. Asisde form the changes you list, it looks like different handlebar , def not stock grips. crash bars, but still has the broken chicken leg sidestand. Too nice of a bike to see it fall down on a wind gust.
    How much taller of a windscreen, did you put it on, IM a tall guy, and think that maybe if mine was about 1 inch taller, I would get a bit less wind blast, not aht its bad now , and better than my last bike that had a luftmesister fairing, and better thena the RS I borrow on occasion,
    Ive never been a fan of the corbin seats "of that style", but thats me, not slaming you , it actually looks good on the bike
    ( I like the more straight seat as I like to move around and change postion on longer rides)
    Looks like we also have the same fold down back rest, I converted mine, so it still folds, but replaced the lower siwvels with pins, so I can just pop it off when I dont have a passanger or using it as a tie down support for tent or bag

    again, very nice bike,

  5. #2255
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamemon View Post
    nice bike. since I have a 85 R80Rt I llike to compare when I see em. Asisde form the changes you list, it looks like different handlebar , def not stock grips. crash bars, but still has the broken chicken leg sidestand. Too nice of a bike to see it fall down on a wind gust.
    How much taller of a windscreen, did you put it on, IM a tall guy, and think that maybe if mine was about 1 inch taller, I would get a bit less wind blast, not aht its bad now , and better than my last bike that had a luftmesister fairing, and better thena the RS I borrow on occasion,
    Ive never been a fan of the corbin seats "of that style", but thats me, not slaming you , it actually looks good on the bike
    ( I like the more straight seat as I like to move around and change postion on longer rides)
    Looks like we also have the same fold down back rest, I converted mine, so it still folds, but replaced the lower siwvels with pins, so I can just pop it off when I dont have a passanger or using it as a tie down support for tent or bag

    again, very nice bike,
    The bars were on it when I got it but I added the foam grips. The bars are a little lower and wider, more comfortable for me but the turning radius has been reduced as the levers contact the fairing sooner. The screen is about 1-1/2" taller than stock so I can still look over it but less turbulence around the helmet. The side stand has been modified so as to not pop up when the weight is off it so no worries of it going over. The corbin is old and needs to be refurbished but they are better when they have a few miles on them. I still have the original seat that's in great shape. Corbin quoted $175 for the refurb, basically a new seat from the pan up so I'll send it off this winter.

  6. #2256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwjarmour View Post
    boy what a nice bike m249joe, I had one, a 1976 model TT smoke just like that in the seventies, back in Ireland , did you happen to notice the front fender is reversed ? lots of luck, Jimmy
    Fixed!! thanks!!
    07 R1200R - 75 R90/6 - 67 R50/2 - 75 R90S
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E
    2007 Honda CRF450X

  7. #2257
    jimmy armour
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lucknow ontario canada
    Posts
    158

    r90s

    your welcome Joe ,lets have another picture,bye for now Jimmy

  8. #2258
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwjarmour View Post
    your welcome Joe ,lets have another picture,bye for now Jimmy


    07 R1200R - 75 R90/6 - 67 R50/2 - 75 R90S
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E
    2007 Honda CRF450X

  9. #2259
    jimmy armour
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lucknow ontario canada
    Posts
    158

    new pic

    well Joe I know I.m Irish but even I can see its the same photo ! what about one of the other side? bye for now Jimmy

  10. #2260
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwjarmour View Post
    well Joe I know I.m Irish but even I can see its the same photo ! what about one of the other side? bye for now Jimmy
    Not the same pic. Refresh your browser.
    07 R1200R - 75 R90/6 - 67 R50/2 - 75 R90S
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E
    2007 Honda CRF450X

  11. #2261
    On the Road
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    76
    R80G/S in front of Frank Lloyd Wright, Price Tower last week
    Nikon D2H w/18mm



  12. #2262
    jimmy armour
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lucknow ontario canada
    Posts
    158

    nice bike

    dont tell me ,you changed something ?, I know the background ! really nice bike ,enjoy , Jimmy

  13. #2263
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    EastDakota
    Posts
    109
    My new '79 T.
    This is the before. It's in rehab now. Austin Powers wants his seat back. Should be ready by Memorial Day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #2264
    Registered User 88bmwjeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by m249joe View Post
    Not the same pic. Refresh your browser.
    I put them side by side via my two monitors, and they look identical to me. Just sayiing.
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

  15. #2265
    Monza Blue 1974 R90/6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    428
    I think it is the same picture too.

    Anyway, how can you tell the fender is on backwards?

    Barron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •